I've been using Acid Pro and Acid music for several years now, so super stoked to see Acid Pro launch today. I installed and activated my copy earlier today and set about testing it. My most recent project and all the effects load fine... so, far so good.
However, I've found a bug in Acid Pro x64
- create a new project, or use an existing project
- add a new audio file
- when prompted, start the beatmapper wizard
- change the downbeat location - if I don't change the downbeat location this bug doesn't happen
- click next - the beatmapper wizard will crash and take Acid Pro with it
If I don't change the downbeat location the application doesn't crash
This also happens if skip running the beatmapper wizard when I add the audio, but then choose to run it later and change the downbeat location.
other info / things I have tried
- Windows 10 x64 build 10.0.17134.1 (slow ring insider)
- Also have Acid Music 10.0 build 134 installed
- Had an earlier version of Acid Pro installed too, I've uninstalled that
- Tried reinstalling Acid Pro x64
- Tried removing all third party VSTs from Acid Pro
- Tried different audio files, of differing codecs (MP3, FLAC)
- Tried the same files in Acid Music 10, and Acid Pro x86 - they pass through the beatmapper wizard just fine
- Tried removing all Acid programs (Acid Pro 7, Acid Pro 8 x32/x64, Acid Music 10), and renaming / deleting any MAGIX folders in program files and appdata, and then reinstalling Acid Pro 8 x86/x64
- I've noticed that the beatmapper logo looks like the old Acid Music version, as in the below screenshot. Is this normal?
If there's any more information or logs I can provide to help troubleshoot this issue please do let me know,
EDIT: added more detail, and tried a few more things to troubleshoot