Error code 1618 indicates a problem with the installer.
- Check in the Windows Control Panel under Windows Updates to ensure that no installations are currently being performed.
- Open the command prompt (in the bottom left corner on the Windows symbol) and search for "cmd".
- Right-click with the mouse on cmd.exe and select in the "Run as an administrator..." from the shortcut menu that appears.
- Enter the following: msiexec /unregister
- Press Enter and then enter the following: msiexec /regserver
Then, press Enter again.
- Now you can close the window and start the installation again.
Please download the "Process Explorer" from the following Microsoft website and unpack the file:
- Open the downloaded file "procexp.exe" by right-clicking and choosing the option "Run as an administrator".
- In the Explorer application, press Ctrl+F and enter the following: "msiexecute" (without quotation marks) – then press Enter.
- A list of processes should then appear, which are currently performing an installation.
- Click on an entry and this will be selected in the main window (marked gray).
- Now, right-click on the selected entry in the main list and select "Kill Process". Confirm by pressing "OK", if necessary.
- Repeat this step for all msiexecute processes that are running.
Once finished, you can close the "Process Explorer" and start the MAGIX program installation again.