- To do this, go to "Extras" > "Website variants" > "Website variants".
- In the dialog box, click "Create".
- You can assign a name to the variant, as well as set the page width, in the dialog box. The default is called "Smartphone/Tablet" and has a page width of 480 pixels. This is the most commonly used page size for mobile devices.
- When you are done, click "Create".
The new variant will appear with its own tab next to the standard web document in the documents list. The color of these two variant tabs also shows you that they are related.
Finally, you need to rearrange the contents on each page of the new variant. Keep the following in mind:
- The graphics, photos and text on the original website are automatically applied to all variants. If you delete or change one of these elements, your changes will be applied to all variants as well. To turn this feature off, right-click the object you want to change or delete and select "Website variants" > "Stop sharing with variants".
- By default, objects added to a variant are not shared to all other variants. To apply an object to all variants, right-click the object and select "Website variants" > "Share with all variants".
Changing the page width
- To change the page width, go to "Extras" > "Website variants" > "Website variants" to open the website variants dialog box.
- Select a variant from the list and click "Properties".
- Change the variant's page width.
Because there are multiple tabs for your variants, it may seem that these are individual .web/.xar files. In reality, all variants are part of the same document.
When you save the document, changes are saved across all variants.