Got my brother to finally try Magix software today as he is looking into doing some video and photo editing. I told him about the current Humble Bundle deal to get him into it and told him I planned to upgrade this weekend. The main feature he was looking for was the captioning system from Magix-Hub so he got the bundle and lent me the money to get it as well. First thing I try to do while setting up is to get into Magix-Hub cause I haven't had any software with it. Can't log in and go to submit a ticket and see they're updating a lot of backend stuff this week. Other issues I've run into is unable to make redeem credits on Music Maker store, unable to make purchases on producer planet, having to clear cache to log into Magix.com, and struggles getting an activation code for slideshow maker 2.
I fully understand updates and maintenance has to happen, but timing it during a sale that will have people trying the software for the first time and them struggling with basic features will probably lead to a lot of potential users feeling like they got a bait and switch scenario.
Terrible Timing for the Humble Bundle
TopTims
wrote on 9/29/2026, 3:47 AM