Default View sort setting

terrypin schrieb am 26.09.2011 um 14:05 Uhr

Hmm - looks like I'm still the only (English?) user with any feedback or queries about this site!

Is there any way I can I change the default sort order of Forum posts to Oldest First please?

What made you choose Newest First? IMO, the logical order (and the one that every other forum I've ever used chooses as its default), is earliest to latest. Isn't that the natural order that anyone reading a thread for the first time would expect to view it? Newest First is certainly a nice option, but surely not the default?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Zuletzt geändert von terrypin am 26.09.2011, 14:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)

Kommentare

terrypin schrieb am 01.10.2011 um 11:28 Uhr

Anyone at Magix reading these posts about magix.info?

--

Zuletzt geändert von terrypin am 01.10.2011, 11:28, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)

Lazerboy schrieb am 11.10.2011 um 15:18 Uhr

Hi Terry,

I was on holiday!!!!! SORRY for the late response!

1. If you are IN A POST it will be saved into your settings how you sort it. Means if you sort "oldest first" and come next time loged in in any thread, it will be sorted the same way. Of course in general forums always the newest themes are shown.

2.You decide it - see answer 1. It is default only when you enter the first time. The reason for that is that we display it like in Q&A...but as I said, change it one time and it is saved to your profile settings,

Regards

Lazer

terrypin schrieb am 13.10.2011 um 08:41 Uhr

Hi Lazer,

Thanks,  appreciate your reply.

Yes, it's handy to retain the Oldest setting while in a session, in the FORUM. But why not Q&A too? And I'd prefer to set it permanently for all threads in all sections.

--

Zuletzt geändert von terrypin am 13.10.2011, 08:41, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Lazerboy schrieb am 13.10.2011 um 13:06 Uhr

Hi Terry,

we came to the point that it is for Q&A not so helpful as it follows a different concept (we decided in a group of devs, usability experts, designers).

In the forum it is permanently for the complete forum. Is there a problem? I tried it again and again and it works.

Cheers

Lazer