Email notification not working

terrypin schrieb am 13.10.2011 um 13:42 Uhr

I have email notification set here:

But it doesn't work. I get no emails.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Zuletzt geändert von terrypin am 13.10.2011, 13:42, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)

Kommentare

Lazerboy schrieb am 14.10.2011 um 14:07 Uhr

Thanks Terry.

We made a test 5 Minutes ago and the notification works for all questions you post in Q&A.

It is not working with new posts on forum themes, but this is planned like that. I agree that it might be a liitle confusing that all questions AND forum threads are listed under one point in the personal profile. The reason is, email nortification is a help for problems (Q&A), but in discussions (forum) we would like to prevent "spaming" you for every single post...

But on question notifications work! Did you check your spam folder?

Cheers

Lazer

terrypin schrieb am 17.10.2011 um 10:05 Uhr

Hi Lazer,

Thanks - but I don't understand the distinction you make about forums. That's where I post all my questions, so that's where I want to get email notifications. If someone answers a thread I started, I want to know! I have no idea what you mean about 'spamming'. A few extra emails per day from Magix is not going to make any difference to my work style.

More generally, why do you not provide optional email notification for any new post in any thread I specify, not just my own questions?

For example, when I have replied to someone else's query then I'd like to know if I ever get any feedback. I don't want to tediously search through a dozen replies I've sent recently.

Another example might be a thread which I've neither originated nor contributed to, but in which which I'm particularly interested.

These are standard facilties in most forums.

Of course, it would be a lot more straightforward if you didn't have the duplication of Q&A and Forums! Both are discussion areas, both involve questions and answers. The distinction is IMO totally illogical and a big mistake by Magix.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Zuletzt geändert von terrypin am 17.10.2011, 10:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)

Lazerboy schrieb am 17.10.2011 um 15:36 Uhr

Hi Terry,

we will put a reorganization of notifications on the agenda. I understand your point.

I do not agree that we should mix in general Q&A and forums into one section as this platform has many different kind of users. For some a usual forum is too complicated. But we have some ideas in mind how we can improve the syndication of content from both parts....

Have a nice day and good to have you here, Lazer

Squirrelly schrieb am 14.12.2011 um 09:38 Uhr

Thanks, Lazer.  I just want to add I also agree that more robust notification options all around will be good.  And it doesn't have to be complex for casusal users.  Even just an "Email me about updates on this subject" button or checkbox for each thread would be easy and helpful.

Though if you wanted to get fancier, what I might suggest is consolidating the Q&A and Forum items, but with each new Topic you can select what "type" it is (Q&A or Discussion (aka the forum messages)).  Then you could see all info on a category (such as MEP) in one place, but still have different types of posts for different needs.  And at the top of each category you could have a drop box for "Show: [All | Q&A | Discussions]" so can people could still restrict it to one type if wanted, so wouldn't lose any of the existing functionality (if worried Q&A's would get lost in with everything else, for example).

That would allow you to do special things with each type (such as for Q&A  you could have 'voting' for best answer, and let the asker pick their best answer, sorting by popular answers, etc.), and give you room for future expansion (such as adding "Polls" and other types of entries).

I hope this helps!