Kommentare

sheppo schrieb am 10.05.2022 um 16:09 Uhr

That announcement on the future of Acid is available at the root of the forum, or available here - https://www.magix.info/us/forum/update-on-acid-pro--1299427/

ropp schrieb am 10.05.2022 um 23:02 Uhr

Many of us think version 7 is the most stable and user-friendly one. So a tip: focus on that one :-)

justin-morales schrieb am 10.05.2022 um 23:48 Uhr

Please simplify the VST scan process so that it is similar to Acid Pro 7. I have acid pro 7, ableton live 8 and 11, and waveform free on my computer. All of those DAWS scan and recognize VSTS quickly and flawlessly. However, Acid Pro 10 couldn't do it just once and had error messages pop up for 32bit, 64 bit, and VST 3 scan issues randomly. This was the one reason I would not buy pro 10. PLEASE FIX THIS SIMPLE PROBLEM I BEG OF YOU. It killed my workflow and I had to give up on acid pro 10.

sheppo schrieb am 11.05.2022 um 12:12 Uhr

Here are my top 5 bugs that are either in with the current build, or have been long-standing (as in going back pre Acid Pro 7) bugs with the application.

1. FX settings wiped out when adding a new FX to an existing FX chain
  2. General stability of the entire application with VSTs - the application is incredibly unstable, and that only gets worse as more VSTs are used within a project. Now the application is x64 only, is it time to get rid of x32 VST support in favour of stability?
  3. Fix support for popular VST FX/Instruments - for example Reason Rack, which currently causes frequent posts to the forum.
  4. Audible clicks when playing or rendering a section of a project with tempo ramps
  5. Rendering of the timeline (scrolling, zooming, making changes to) when a project has tempo ramps. Acid becomes unfathomably slow on projects with audio clips and a tempo ramps, as if it is rendering each and every tempo ramp slice of the audio to the timeline.
jocker-boy schrieb am 11.05.2022 um 14:20 Uhr

1.Better flow in editing audio clips.

2.Improvement in terms of settings and remembering the settings that were set in the parameters of the vst or vsti plugins used.

3.Could it be a solution when it comes to parameter edit lines, eg volume, l-r panorama, eq, etc .. not in the clip window where these lines, when there are more of them, make work difficult. You could hide them in the sub-menu of each clip just like Ableton Live, Reason or Cubase. And that it would be stable and saved in the project with the possibility of undo and redo.

4.Better transient detection and more precise beatgrid editing in every audio file.I like surgically adjusting to the pace grid.

5.There are problems remembering BPM tempo editing information in some Wav files or other formats. Sometimes after editing a file in Clip Proporties (Stretch tab) after carefully editing the tempo markers of the audio file, they are not remembered and reusing this file, whether in a new project window, it involves re-editing the tempo markers and beatgrid, even though in sfk file is created in the folder.

6.I would also ask for a larger palette of colors than the basic ones we can assign to the clips.

7.Please also improve the graphics support for vst plugin displayed in windows, because scrolling with the mouse or moving the beam causes their "cut and freeze"

8.Could it be possible to add harmonic detection (according to keys e.g. Camelot wheel) in Clip Proporties or beatmapper for audio files and label them automatically with color? In order not to use external programs, plugins?

9.A request to improve the functionality of Chopper, it worked better before.

10. Could you ask for the addition of the Polish language or the possibility of Polishing the installer and all functions in Acid?

11. Another useful feature would be to drag the audio file with the mouse to another audio track in the main program window and to keep the beatmapping - beatgrid settings. Currently it is not possible to do it with just the mouse but you have to copy and add c + v to another audio track.

sheppo schrieb am 11.05.2022 um 14:35 Uhr

Apologies, my earlier post included a feature request, which is not what @MAGIX_Redaktion is asking for.

I believe he is looking for the community's high priority bugs to fix that have not already been fixed on internal builds of Acid 11.

MAGIX_Redaktion schrieb am 11.05.2022 um 17:37 Uhr

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback and input on the future of ACID Pro. We highly appreciate each and every input.

We'd love collect some more feedback and will keep you all posted on the next steps.

Best wishes,
MAGIX Team

Yelandkeil schrieb am 11.05.2022 um 18:30 Uhr

I would have a modified GM2 like the HyperCanvas as default synth instead of that horrible DLS.

ASUS TUF Gaming B550plus BIOS3202
*Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GF1 850W 
*ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11PRO 512GB->sys & 2TB->data 
*G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-64GFX 
*AMD Ryzen9 5950x + LiquidFreezer II-240 
*XFX Speedster-MERC319-RX6900XT <-AdrenalinEdition 24.7.1
Windows11Pro: 23H2-22631.3880; Direct3D Driver=9.17.11.0267

Samsung 2xLU28R55 300CD/m²HDR10 (peak1499nits) ->2xDPort
LG DSP7 Surround 5.1Soundbar ->TOSLINK (AAFOptimusPack 6.0.9403.1)
ROCCAT Kave 5.1Headset/Mic ->Analog

GH5sHLG_4k30p: AWB, Shutter=1/50, ISO=auto
ProtuneFlat_2.7k60pLinear: AWB, Shutter=auto, ISO=400

VEGASPro21/22 + Handbrake/XMediaRecode + DVDArchi7 
AcidPro10 + SoundForgePro14.0.065 + SpectraLayersPro7

K-LitecodecPack17.8.0 (MPC Video Renderer for HDR10-Videoplayback) 

Alan-Pitt schrieb am 11.05.2022 um 19:49 Uhr

ACID, by Sonic Foundry, was my first DAW and just like your first love it's hard to forget. However, every time I open ACID Pro 10 Suite the DAW crashes so my only hope and prayer before saying goodbye to an old friend is that the engineers at Magic find a way to manage system stability. I run a Windows 11 OS with 64 GIG of Ram and an Intel Core i7 9700 Coffee Lake CPU. I also have an old but steady NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB graphics card so yes, I know my system isn't brand spanking new but I can run Presonus Studio One, Reaper, Reason Studio, Mixcraft and other DAWS just fine. It's ONLY ACID that crashes which is extremely frustrating. If that can be fixed so Acid runs stable that will be a start. I've read many comments across the web that state that Acid Music Studio is stable. If this is so couldn't this be used as a base from which to build back Acid Pro?

Improvements
Better key detection methods and control.
Chord detection track
Installer forces you to place loop content on the system drive. Not good for my OS SSD drive.
The program constantly hangs and crashes. These occur on an all too frequent basis. Even after expecting a hang and constantly saving, the time lost and (more importantly) losing the flow while trying to be creative are ACID's killers right now. These must be fixed or users will turn away to other more modern DAWS.
Reaper is only $60 for non-commercial usage. Cakewalk by Bandlab is entirely free if you're on Windows. These are all powerful DAWs at great prices, so ACID Pro 11 needs to be groundbreaking to make a dent.

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 11.05.2022 um 21:24 Uhr

Well lets start with, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY. Hands down the major issue with AP10. arbitrary crashing at any given point during a project. Even at startup.

Bugs: the resetting of all settings in the FX chain when adding a new FX. Third party plugin issues i.e. vst3 and other sorted 3rd party plugins. AP10 won't start up when you click on a AP10 project icon.

So basically Sheppo called out all the real major issues with AP10. Thanks loads for all of the help you've given through the years !!!! Well done Sheppo

One last thought, Magix wants to release AP11. I say NO NO NO, fix AP10 first. Then you can add features and more blot-ware and call it AP11. Magix, please do the right thing by your customers.

RedrumMusic schrieb am 11.05.2022 um 22:24 Uhr

Hi everybody.

I definitely agree with what everyone said: stability, the fx chain issue when adding a new plugin... also the browsing when you zoom into a zone is definitely messing comparing to how it was "fluid" on ap7.

And, last but not least, i hope you figure out that when this brand new improved version with every bugs fixed, we deserve to upgrade FOR FREE! Its the right thing to do because personnally: since june 2021 i had to move over to another daw that i paid (and that works perfectly) only because the ap10suite that i paid something like 300 euros was constantly buggin and didnt allow me to work my productions peacefully, SERIOUSLY: the issues really gave me some stress(while in fact makin music should be a peaceful and enjoying moment)...

peteschell schrieb am 11.05.2022 um 23:05 Uhr

Hi - my suggestions for AcidPro 11:

1. Stability Stability Stability. I echo the comments above. I get random crashes that make me yell out loud. I have developed a bad habit of saving every minute or so.
  2. Help! A better, more comprehensive online help + a more responsive help line or chat. I posted my issue in 2021 and only heard back today from Magix (asking for my input on AcidPro11; they did not address my issue)
  3. Super-User Tricks & Tips Tutorials. I feel like I don't get everything I can out of AcidPro. The Help function is way too cumbersome and hard to navigate. It would be great to have a good library of 3-5 min "how to" videos (e.g. side-chaining, importing files with different tempos and getting everything in the same tempo; how to use the meters; what is "elastique" vs "classic"; Becoming a 'routing' expert; and other fancy tricks and shortcuts).
  4. Adding VST when VSTs are already on a track. When I add additional VST to a track (after I have already placed a few VST and adjusted their settings), my original VST settings go back to default. This happens all the time with Fab Filter VSTs (maybe their problem?) and occasionally with other VSTs. There are some VSTs are not affected by adding additional VSTs and their settings stay the same despite new VSTs being added. Very strange and annoying having to re-set the VST settings after I've already set them just because I added in another VST as an after thought.
  5. Melodyne Essential. Not sure why, but sometimes the blobs are displayed linearly and there is no apparent reason for this. Very frustrating.
  6. Sound driver stability and compatability. When I close AcidPro and open Google to watch something like a YouTube video, windows doesn't play the video/seems to freeze I have to go into my Windows sound setting and "turn off, turn on" my Soundcraft signature 24 mixer sound setting (the USB mixer I use with AcidPro). Then YouTube works. This only happens when I use AcidPro. It does not happen with any other software. Not sure if this is an AcidPro or a Soundcraft issue but it is annoying as heck.
  7. Free to upgrade. Unless there are major changes or new tools/functionality provided, we the existing users (and those of us who have stuck with AcidPro from the early days) should not have to pay for "bug" fixes or enhancements to existing functionality. I personally feel I have paid a very, very steep price in frustration over the last 5 years as AcidPro has been so-called "improved" (not to mention the additional fees charged for upgrades).

When AcidPro works, it's great. I have tried Reaper, Cakewalk, Ableton and definitely prefer AcidPro's intuitive layout. But it's been a tough few years hanging on to AcidPro by a shoe string, almost jumping to other DAWs. I hope the next version does right by the long term users. Word of mouth and online reviews counts for a lot.

Thanks for the opportunity to post our suggestions.

Pete

Petet schrieb am 12.05.2022 um 02:22 Uhr

I noticed on different machines, acid 10 is more solid when the cpu is underclocked and sometimes overclocked in bios. When acid is actually playing back and I insert a plugin I get a quick cpu spike and this would cause crashes. This was fixed for me by underclocking/overclocking. I think acid likes certain clock frequencies,

A gain trim on the preview fader would be cool for gain matching.

BorodaBeat schrieb am 12.05.2022 um 08:13 Uhr

Add a change in the appearance of the sound wave when the volume is reduced or increased (as in vegas pro).
Add raising the volume more than 100%.

Thanx!

Djronrella schrieb am 12.05.2022 um 09:25 Uhr

Here is a picture of one of the main problems I have had and other users of Acid have!!.

Djronrella schrieb am 12.05.2022 um 12:16 Uhr

One helpful solution from Magix Acid Pro is giving users solutions that the Magix team finds while updating and adding patches!!

Example of my comment is this!

If Magix found that certain issues are not the Acid Pro Daw problem but issues are with users PC settings due to newer updated technology used on the Acid Daw and Magix cannot fix some of them? Magix team can give work around solutions!?

Hope this makes sense and helpful information

Ron

Petet schrieb am 12.05.2022 um 15:46 Uhr

When inserting a plugin, have an option to 'insert plugin on every channel' :)

james-h schrieb am 12.05.2022 um 21:11 Uhr

Please, please, please, please stop this from happening!!!!!

Humberto-Lopez schrieb am 13.05.2022 um 05:41 Uhr

Whats up everyone, So I switched to Cubase after using Acid pro 7,8,9,and 10 for many years. It was extremely stressful, discouraging, and frustrating dealing with all the issues mentioned in the comments. It is such a relief and great feeling to be using a DAW that has just about ZERO issues (Cubase). My work flow is like 10X faster and NO stress! Plus a ton of cool features.......BUT, the thing I loved about Acid pro is that it is super easy to use. Even if i didn't know how to do something, it wasn't too difficult to figure out. Although, there is definitely a lack of tutorials that would be extremely helpful. I even considered making YouTube videos since there are virtually none.

BUGS TO FIX:

*Crashing at startup/random crashing. *Plugin settings reset when adding a plugin to chain.

IMPROVEMENTS: *More colors for tracks. *Track key detection. (Must be accurate) I currently use a vst called 'Mixed in key' for this. *The ability to copy and paste a VST from one track to another, WITH SETTINGS. *Faster/improved VST scanning

I would never switch back to Acid Pro unless it is finally proven that the bugs are fixed! Which would probably be years from now 😔

BorodaBeat schrieb am 13.05.2022 um 11:12 Uhr

please add "Opening Multiple Plugin Windows at Once"

Unsounded schrieb am 15.05.2022 um 04:25 Uhr

Please make sure the titles of the events are legible for all skins. The screenshot shows the issue. There's no point being able to "color" the tracks when the event names become almost impossible to read.

numbat schrieb am 16.05.2022 um 15:28 Uhr

I won't repeat the issues already raised above. But two quick points (which I made in a message to you when the most recent AP10 Suite update broke the full license for Vandal, your own VST plugin!):

1. You must track, attempt to reproduce, and be responsive to user-reported bugs. Every time.
  2. You must establish a comprehensive regression testing process before you make a release. No release until the regression tests pass.
MAP8 schrieb am 16.05.2022 um 16:00 Uhr

Acid Pro is surely one of the 8 or 10 most important Daws in history, its appearance was a success, Acid Pro is simple, fast and powerful, Acid deserves to be taken to the next level!

01 - Add a "my project (current)" tab to directly access our project, next to the explorer, plugin manager tabs.

02 - Greater control and use of Processors with Multicore MultiThread and better use of Ram memory, perhaps a resource meter.

03 - 32bit & 64bit floating-point resolution in Recording Options.

04 - Icons with drawings or photos of Musical Instruments Mics etc(GarageBand)... for Tracks.

05 - Keep tools Brush, Pencil and Ruler in the mouse (this is very useful).

06 - Maintain Original Acid Pro Grid.

What many of us feel and experience with Acid Pro is that the program does not take advantage of the Processor and Ram Memory Resources, which causes hangs and clicks at times.

Magix Acid Pro 11 .... We are waiting for you ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡:-D

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 16.05.2022 um 21:38 Uhr

one other thing....please fix the problem with EZD3. It works on every DAW I have except....only one guess is allowed.

I think we all know the shambles this program is in and fixing it is long over due.