How to use the 12 GB Independence Content Library in Magix Music Maker 18

kal2001 schrieb am 29.12.2011 um 00:21 Uhr

How is the 12 GB Independence Content  Library content that is packed with Magix Music Maker Production Suite on 2 DVDs supposed to be used? The manual is silent on it's use, merely mentioning its presence!

The content is not of the SoundPool type where you add by clicking 'add styles'. I did that and could not import anything. Instaed it is described as sampler workstation. It's mind-boggling that the Manual just does not say anything about it other than that , 'It's a complete Workstation for professional music production'.

I contacted Magix help, and the also have no clue how to use it! They even asked to scan my computer to verify the problem when my question was clear: How do i use the 12 GB Independence Content Library that comes with Music Maker 18 Production Suite?

Whern I open the Independence Libgrary Content DVD, I see the following folders:

Image Files
    Layers

Image Files folder has the following files:

Independence Content Image  File 01.ytif 1.8GB
    Independence Content Image  File 02.ytif 1.7GB
    Independence Content Image  File 03.ytif 1.5GB
    Independence Content Image  File 04.ytif 1.7GB

Layers has the following sub-folders:

Independence - Basic Instruments
    Independence -  Pro Instruments

Inside those folders are a whole lot of instruments such as Organs, Electric Guitars, Organs, Arrangers, Saxophones, pipe organs, orchetral etc. Now all the instruments are in .ytil (Image files are in .ytif) so I guess its .ytif (file) and ytil (layers).

At least in your years with Magix, you may have come accross such files and hopefully you will be more helpful now that you know the content and its arrangements as well as file extensions.

How do I use such content?

Kommentare

nihon94 schrieb am 29.12.2011 um 05:36 Uhr

I am sharing this according to my MMM 16 Premium experience and hope it will also work for you.

Give a try.

If you got Sound/Audio/Contents on DVDs, first open your Music Maker then insert DVD 1 then 2 if they are in serial. As you will insert DVD in to the DVD Rom of computer there is a possibility Music Maker will ask you where to save. Please save it on Hard drive after saving both, from Add button if it is available in your Music Maker add to the library. If there isn't any Add button, then from File Manager browse and drag and drop on arranger.

You can find more details in the pdf tutorial with text and images.

http://www.magix.info/us/soundpool-problem-and-solution-faq-for-mmm-16-premium.online-training.70780.html

Hope this answer will help you if not then sorry.

nihon94

nihon94 schrieb am 29.12.2011 um 17:08 Uhr

I had been searching answer and finally got something. You can check the link below for details.

http://pro.magix.com/en/audio-plugins/independence.579.html

I would like to say, as in the above link you will find Basic Sampler workstation can be used as VST plugin therefore, to check, insert the DVD in to the computer rom, if it opens automatically exit the window from My computer right click on the DVD Icon and click OPEN, when it will be opened you can see the contents of the DVD. If you find and Help read that or if there is/are DLL file/files then it is surely VST plugin.

Also the Magix Music Maker MX Production suite PDF says as follows but not how to use.

Independence Basic Sampler Workstation
including 12 GB Premium Library
Independence is a professional sampler workstation with over 500
inspiring instruments, arrangers and step sequencer patches.
The integrated 12 GB Premium Sample Library contains all instrument
samples that you need to get started with professional music
production: pianos, organs, electric and acoustic drums, electric and
acoustic guitars, electric and acoustic bass guitars, world, ethno,
orchestral and industrial percussion, wind instruments, synthesizers
and lots more.

Hope this info will help you.

nihon94

EXTRA: to use VST Plug in you have to install or or copy the folder on computer then from the Music Maker browse locate VST Plugin then add. In older version of Music Maker to open setting is by pressing "Y" key but new version use "P" key.

antimix schrieb am 18.09.2012 um 21:43 Uhr

With Samplitude Music Studio 2013, is easy:

- Install Samplitude Studio 2013

AND IF YOU HAVE THE INDEPENDENCE DVD LIBRARIES then:

Insert DVD #1

- From the Start button, select the All Programs/MAGIX/Samplitude Studio 2013/Independence Content Installation icon

then it will prompt where to copy the libraries (from DVD to Hard disk) normally in C:\Program Files....

Just confirm and the library will be installed.

at a certain point it will prompt for the DVD#2

Best Regards

antimix

ArnoldSpacey schrieb am 27.07.2013 um 18:47 Uhr

Insert DVD #1

- From the Start button, select the All Programs/MAGIX/Samplitude Studio 2013/Independence Content Installation icon

then it will prompt where to copy the libraries (from DVD to Hard disk) normally in C:\Program Files....

Best Regards

antimix

I inserted both dvds as you said. A window then appeared saying to restart independence. I assumed this meant just reopen music studio. However, all of the soundpools and new instruments I was expecting have not appeared. How can I add them. They are saved on my computer due to the download, but they are not appearing in the soundpool list, and "add styles" doesn't seem to do anything.

Please help

nihon94 schrieb am 27.07.2013 um 20:15 Uhr

Insert DVD #1

Best Regards

antimix

I inserted both dvds as you said. A window then appeared saying to restart independence. I assumed this meant just reopen music studio. However, all of the soundpools and new instruments I was expecting have not appeared. How can I add them. They are saved on my computer due to the download, but they are not appearing in the soundpool list, and "add styles" doesn't seem to do anything.

Please help

As this post is very old you better ask new question to get proper answer.

nihon94

phalke2001 schrieb am 02.02.2017 um 01:05 Uhr

Friends are there string libraries in orchestral part in this 12 GB library in basic independence ?

browj2 schrieb am 02.02.2017 um 02:04 Uhr

Phalke2001,

This thread is almost 5 years old. You should make a new one, except that you already asked basically the same question and I gave you a link to the list. Were you able to access it on the Samplitude site? There are only Acoustic basses and Acoustic guitars on my list.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

phalke2001 schrieb am 02.02.2017 um 03:52 Uhr

OK sorry i will ask it again as a new thread

phalke2001 schrieb am 02.02.2017 um 04:16 Uhr

Hi friends because of my age i always tend to forget things and i am really confused by Magix,Independence .Samplitude and Music maker ,Music studio etc.The site of independence is very confusing and the free library download is also corrupt.At one place it also says not available in your country. So please excuse me for asking the same question again.

nihon94 schrieb am 02.02.2017 um 04:50 Uhr

Hi friends because of my age i always tend to forget things and i am really confused by Magix,Independence .Samplitude and Music maker ,Music studio etc.The site of independence is very confusing and the free library download is also corrupt.At one place it also says not available in your country. So please excuse me for asking the same question again.

No problem this is how we all learn.😉

nihon94

phalke2001 schrieb am 02.02.2017 um 06:29 Uhr

Thank you

mikecasey121 schrieb am 13.01.2021 um 20:48 Uhr

I s independence pro standard and inpendence free the same program?

SP. schrieb am 13.01.2021 um 21:01 Uhr

@mikecasey121 No. Independence Free can only load a handful of samples if you want to make your own instruments. But I think the 2 GB library that comes with the free version is the same library that is included with Pro Standard. If you don't want to make your instruments and just want to play around with the 2 GB library just use the free version.

mikecasey121 schrieb am 13.01.2021 um 23:49 Uhr

Thank you for the response ! I would to know how to add vsts to the pro standard edition ependence

nihon94 schrieb am 14.01.2021 um 08:35 Uhr

Wow! people are still using an old thread, I am glad some people here are answering too thanks for that.

SP. schrieb am 14.01.2021 um 11:05 Uhr

@mikecasey121 In your Independence installation folder should be a subfolder called VST Plug-ins. You need to copy your VST dlls inside this folder to be able to load them inside of Independence. Also look into the manual on page 33 to get some more information.