Normalizing audio before applying effects or later?

nihon94 schrieb am 06.02.2011 um 09:52 Uhr

Hi,

Should I normalize audio before using effects or after. I have noticed if I use effects normalize audio and export. When I play effects used on objects does not seem very effective. Any advice will be appreciated.

Note: I apply effects on single object or entire track. Then I normalize usually and export audio. Is this wrong method?

Thank you

nihon94

Kommentare

CBY_TLSE schrieb am 06.02.2011 um 12:34 Uhr

Hi Nihon94,

I have readen a lot of posts on forums and some publications. The conclusion is : it is better to don't use normalization : generaly it flattens the sound. The recommandation is to use a compressor if needed.

Normalisation could be use to homogenize the level between several songs on a CD which are recorded at different levels. But it is better to tune the right level on each song.

But I am not a sound engineer.

Regards 

nihon94 schrieb am 06.02.2011 um 12:58 Uhr

Hi,

Ok I understand what you have said.

Merci.

Hi Nihon94,

I have readen a lot of posts on forums and some publications. The conclusion is : it is better to don't use normalization : generaly it flattens the sound. The recommandation is to use a compressor if needed.

Normalisation could be use to homogenize the level between several songs on a CD which are recorded at different levels. But it is better to tune the right level on each song.

But I am not a sound engineer.

Regards