So It's Here.............

james-h schrieb am 13.06.2022 um 14:45 Uhr

So Pro 11 is here, there has been little to no fanfare regarding this, there aren't even any accompanying videos for it? As I'm in the UK the upgrade price is £96, which seems a little steep seeing as though I bought AP8 and paid for the subsequent upgrades to AP10 for a very unstable software. Recently Plugin alliance/BWX gave away a load of VSTs for free, looking at the bundle, its seems like most of them (focusrite board etc) so that doesn't really carry much weight, maybe they should do a bare bones option that's just the DAW only?
Ill probably get the trial after work and see, but I think loyal, long-time users should get this upgraded free or at a lower price than almost £100.

Kommentare

blake-fast schrieb am 13.06.2022 um 15:31 Uhr

i m little confused as to why magix would ask for bug checks a few days ago and then just release this very odd

blake-fast schrieb am 13.06.2022 um 15:57 Uhr

installed it tried to load a few old tracks only loaded 1 out of the three tested had trouble find any previous plugins im sure a rebuild will fix that ! crashed crashed within 5 mins great stuff uninstalled !

jocker-boy schrieb am 13.06.2022 um 15:57 Uhr

A strange move on the part of Magix.I will download the trial version and see if there is any positive progress, If it continues to be the same, despite the assurances that they will refine this DAW to match the competition's products then maybe I'll think about it. The plugins that are offered in these packages are not necessary for me, because I have already purchased most of them, so I will not duplicate myself.Why pay for this package and I will only download the Acid Pro installer, because I do not need the rest of the offer.Only the Acid Pro version without this ballast should be available as an option.I have Waves, PA, BWX ... and other packages.So I test the DAW myself and then decide if it is stable and bug free.

sheppo schrieb am 13.06.2022 um 16:04 Uhr

I am not able to see any changes at all the application; sfvstserver.exe is still the same version as included in AP10. The old "adding an FX to a chain wipes out the settings on other FX in the chain" bug persists, and stem maker is still missing. 🙇‍♂️

SP. schrieb am 13.06.2022 um 16:32 Uhr

@sheppo This sounds not good. I also don't quite understand why the bugs weren't resolved in ACID Pro 10.5 before releasing something new that still has the same bugs. 😕

SP. schrieb am 13.06.2022 um 16:40 Uhr

It looks like the only new features are bundled plugins (and a small change to the MIDI chopper / Morph Pad). Maybe Magix got a good deal with BrainWorx and decided to relase the software rebranded as version 11, even if it is more or less unchanged.

Djronrella schrieb am 13.06.2022 um 16:55 Uhr

Magix was to send a Patch first before Acid Pro 11 release.. This is very confusing? and I thought we were going to get the free upgrade and updates? to Acid 11?

SP. schrieb am 13.06.2022 um 17:12 Uhr

@Djronrella I find it really surreal that Magix asks users for bugs in ACID they want to have fixed but then releases a new version with basically no new features and the same bugs. 😇

There was probably a big miscommunication between the developers and the sales department/management. I can see the developers pulling out their remaing hairs in despair about what Magix did with this release. 😱

Djronrella schrieb am 13.06.2022 um 17:35 Uhr

@SP. yea all weird!

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 13.06.2022 um 18:22 Uhr

Is there anything new? I am having trouble discerning any new features, outside of a couple of plug-ins and "Compatible with Windows 11."

pozz schrieb am 13.06.2022 um 22:12 Uhr

Don't think I'll bother trying 11 having read the comments. The fx issues with 10 were impossible to fix despite receiving help from Magix. And the thought of instant crashes sounds like a pain in the ass. I am currently getting to grips with Reaper

LooneyBinJim schrieb am 13.06.2022 um 23:29 Uhr

Magix was to send a Patch first before Acid Pro 11 release.. This is very confusing? and I thought we were going to get the free upgrade and updates? to Acid 11?

Yeah here we go Acid Pro was to go from Acid Pro 10 .5.38 to Acid Pro 11 as a Patch UpDate .I did read that didnt i some where on here ?

Im not Paying Again for another Version unless it works and Magix take it serious..Will they ?WILL THEY ?

Since Version 6 i purchased 7, 8,9 365 subscription 10 and have i really got to purchase thiis Acid Pro 11?

Did Magx as us what we should be fixed added etc ? Take all that info from us users save them testing it

justin-morales schrieb am 14.06.2022 um 02:16 Uhr

i just installed the trial version praying to dear god that the VST scan error issue had been fixed. Shame on me for thinking magix would solve it lolol.

Yelandkeil schrieb am 14.06.2022 um 07:50 Uhr

Tried the trial. Really nothing inspiring.

I'm not a musician, still love the simplex of AP.

I have version 8 and 10, can live with them.

ASUS TUF Gaming B550plus BIOS3202
*Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GF1 850W 
*ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11PRO 512GB->sys & 2TB->data 
*G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-64GFX 
*AMD Ryzen9 5950x + LiquidFreezer II-240 
*XFX Speedster-MERC319-RX6900XT <-AdrenalinEdition 24.7.1
Windows11Pro: 23H2-22631.3880; Direct3D Driver=9.17.11.0267

Samsung 2xLU28R55 300CD/m²HDR10 (peak1499nits) ->2xDPort
LG DSP7 Surround 5.1Soundbar ->TOSLINK (AAFOptimusPack 6.0.9403.1)
ROCCAT Kave 5.1Headset/Mic ->Analog

GH5sHLG_4k30p: AWB, Shutter=1/50, ISO=auto
ProtuneFlat_2.7k60pLinear: AWB, Shutter=auto, ISO=400

VEGASPro21/22 + Handbrake/XMediaRecode + DVDArchi7 
AcidPro10 + SoundForgePro14.0.065 + SpectraLayersPro7

K-LitecodecPack17.8.0 (MPC Video Renderer for HDR10-Videoplayback) 

blake-fast schrieb am 14.06.2022 um 08:21 Uhr

On 10/5/22 magic redaktion wrote

Dear ACID users,

As we just announced, we want to include you in the further development of ACID Pro 11. We're counting on you!

Feel free to comment how ACID can be better and what bugs needs to be prioritized.

Thank you very much!
MAGIX Team
Er why what was the point of of that it just makes no sense 11 was already in the can 10 rebadged as 11

same issues unresolved magix we were counting on you !

Thank you very much!
MAGIX Team

MAGIX_Redaktion schrieb am 15.06.2022 um 15:23 Uhr

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback on ACID Pro 11 (Suite).

As we announced in our statement a few weeks ago, we had to deal with prioritization and outages, and ACID could not receive as much attention for some time now as you deserve. We know you have been waiting patiently for some bug fixes, for example the compatibility of third-party plugins or a certain crash when opening a project, which are highly prioritized on our side.

However, we want you to receive an update that has some added value. Through a strong partnership with industry colleagues, we could put together a great package for ACID Pro 11 and ACID Pro 11 Suite, bringing you some of the most innovative and best-sounding plug-ins.

The input you provided on what bugs and things should be fixed the quickst is very helpful (see thread here) and we promise you that a bigger patch is coming soon.

We love you and your passion for ACID! 💚

Thank you for your love!
MAGIX Team

SP. schrieb am 15.06.2022 um 16:24 Uhr

@MAGIX_Redaktion Thanks for your comment. I'd like to add, that the bugfixes are needed to be added to version 10.5 as well. The plugin package for version 11 is probably nice, and the upgrade may be justified for the included plugins, but there are also many users who already have these plugins or similar plugins from different developers and only need the bugfixes. Therefore it would be very nice if the bugfixes would also be added to ACID Pro 10 and not hidden behind a BrainWorx Plugin-paywall.

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick schrieb am 15.06.2022 um 17:50 Uhr

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback on ACID Pro 11 (Suite).

As we announced in our statement a few weeks ago, we had to deal with prioritization and outages, and ACID could not receive as much attention for some time now as you deserve. We know you have been waiting patiently for some bug fixes, for example the compatibility of third-party plugins or a certain crash when opening a project, which are highly prioritized on our side.

However, we want you to receive an update that has some added value. Through a strong partnership with industry colleagues, we could put together a great package for ACID Pro 11 and ACID Pro 11 Suite, bringing you some of the most innovative and best-sounding plug-ins.

The input you provided on what bugs and things should be fixed the quickst is very helpful (see thread here) and we promise you that a bigger patch is coming soon.

We love you and your passion for ACID! 💚

Thank you for your love!
MAGIX Team

You gonna ask for more money for that patch, too?

Yelandkeil schrieb am 15.06.2022 um 18:06 Uhr

First take money then give promise, not fair.

This statement @MAGIX_Redaktion gibt schon "eine Fehlgeburt" bekannt.

Schade.

ASUS TUF Gaming B550plus BIOS3202
*Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GF1 850W 
*ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11PRO 512GB->sys & 2TB->data 
*G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-64GFX 
*AMD Ryzen9 5950x + LiquidFreezer II-240 
*XFX Speedster-MERC319-RX6900XT <-AdrenalinEdition 24.7.1
Windows11Pro: 23H2-22631.3880; Direct3D Driver=9.17.11.0267

Samsung 2xLU28R55 300CD/m²HDR10 (peak1499nits) ->2xDPort
LG DSP7 Surround 5.1Soundbar ->TOSLINK (AAFOptimusPack 6.0.9403.1)
ROCCAT Kave 5.1Headset/Mic ->Analog

GH5sHLG_4k30p: AWB, Shutter=1/50, ISO=auto
ProtuneFlat_2.7k60pLinear: AWB, Shutter=auto, ISO=400

VEGASPro21/22 + Handbrake/XMediaRecode + DVDArchi7 
AcidPro10 + SoundForgePro14.0.065 + SpectraLayersPro7

K-LitecodecPack17.8.0 (MPC Video Renderer for HDR10-Videoplayback) 

Humberto-Lopez schrieb am 15.06.2022 um 19:18 Uhr

I cant believe people are still messing with Magix Acid Pro!!!!!! After all these years of disappointment after disappointment......

Magix does not care about you!!!!

I am able to create about 3 songs a week Using Cubse. But only about 1song every 3 weeks when I used Acid Pro 10.

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick schrieb am 15.06.2022 um 22:19 Uhr

I cant believe people are still messing with Magix Acid Pro!!!!!! After all these years of disappointment after disappointment......

Magix does not care about you!!!!

I am able to create about 3 songs a week Using Cubse. But only about 1song every 3 weeks when I used Acid Pro 10.

😂 and I couldn't even make one song without it crashing since version 8. I must have the worst luck. Been on Ableton and Cubase with zero issues. But I still miss AP. Just want someone else to take over this beast and actually make it work.