Software problem

eric5 schrieb am 10.06.2014 um 21:32 Uhr

After using the software associated with the Maginon SZ 24 in test mode I received a message informing that an error had occured and accessing the programme again could corrupt my computer. I uninstalled the software.  Any answers?  I like the camera.  I am however apprehensive of installing the software again!!

Optiplex 755

Windows 7

Maginon Digital Kamera SZ 24

Kommentare

gandjcarr schrieb am 10.06.2014 um 22:51 Uhr

Hi,

So I am having a little trouble understanding your question.  I understand that you are running a Dell Optiplex 755 and use a Maginon SZ 24 camera.  You say

"After using the software associated with the Maginon SZ 24 in test mode I received a message informing that an error had occured and accessing the programme again could corrupt my computer. I uninstalled the software." 

Where did you get the software from, since you said "associated with" I think you mean that it came with the camera, but your comment about "test mode" makes me think that you have a trial of the software at this time.  Could you please add a little more to your question.  I don't beleive that this has anything to do with your camera.  Do you know if the error you get is a Windows error?  (a screen shot of the error message would be a great help)  also what Antivirus are you using.  Antivirus applications especially the free or really inexpensive ones sometimes put up these types of messages when a process starts to run and the process charecteristics resemble those of a virus.  I have been using Photo Manager for a number of years, am running windows 7, I currently use Bitdefender but have also used Kaspersky and have never seen this message.

George

eric5 schrieb am 11.06.2014 um 10:08 Uhr

Hi George

Many thanks for your reply! The camera was bought in Aldi.  Yes the software came with the camera.  After installing the software a screen appeared which gave options - one option was to do a trial run with he system, which I did and was pleased with the flexibility of use - giving me much easier access to my existing pics and files.  I selected a number of different files successfully but during this 'dry run' the error message  appeared - the exact wording escapes me but the warning was plain.

I use AVG (purchasedd version!) backed up with Spybot (free version).  Your response has reassured me and I will have another attempt at installing the software.  I am not particulaly 'computer literate' amd only installed Photo Manager MX,  that initial time. I am not sure if I am up to being able to use Photo Designer - I am a more or less 'point and hope' photographer. The MaginonSZ 24 has proved a real boon. Its capabilities are quite daunting initialy, but after much frustration the working of the camera is now virtually second nature - perseverence pays!

Regards

Eric