Paid PREMIUM Support

klowetx wrote on 6/4/2018, 5:08 PM

I paid for premium support then received an email with my order confirmation number and access code followed by a link to the phone number. It seems Magix takes the money then does not answer the phone. It has been dialed almost straight for over 2 hours today, basically half of their support hours as stated 1-4 CST. I went through this the last time I paid for Magix premium support, so shame on me. Last time took me several days to reach support with many calls within an hour or so each day.

It feels as though they have taken my money with no plans on answering the call. Heck, there isn't even an automatic attendant answering and giving me my position in line. Oh, I did get an email suggesting a few links that may resolve my issue. None of the suggestions pertained to my issue, go figure. The email went on to say if this did not resolve your issue, click the "No" button....there was not a "No" button (you can't make this stuff up). It was probably good that there was a not a "No" button or I would have broken my mouse clicking it. I don't think my printer will hold enough paper to print a detail call list for this month. While I loved the product in the past, the support could be reflecting the direction the product is moving towards. Bottom line, DON'T PAY FOR PREMIUM SUPPORT, they aren't going to give it to you anyway, Magix won't even answer. On a good note, they treat everyone the same, whether you pay or not. Give it a try for yourself, first try to find the support numbers, don't worry about paying for it, just try to dial it and see if you get anything. If you do, please patch me in! Remember, patch me in, don't forget about me, please. They should have paid me to not support their product. 🙁😣😖😫😡 (Not enough emojis...too funny).

I just notice below this post, it says "Tips for getting quick responses...", they should have tips for getting a paid premium support call answered.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/5/2018, 4:40 AM

Hi.

I can only speak from personal experience of using this Premium Support service once, in the UK. In my case, the call was answered immediately by one of the support staff in Germany and the problem was resolved over a period of time, including, I seem to remember, a series of emails.

Clearly, you have not experienced this level of service which you have a right to expect. I assume you are attempting to call the US Support numbers?

I don't know whether this is relevant in this case but Web Designer is a Xara product. Xara is wholly-owned by Magix so should not be a factor in this case.

Anyway, I will draw the attention of Magix Europe staff to this thread and ask, on oyur behalf, for clarification of exactly how the uS Premium Support telephone numbers are supposed to work.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

klowetx wrote on 6/5/2018, 9:02 AM

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for the response and efforts to draw attention to this incident! Yes, it is Magix in the US. I have had few needs, two to be exact, for support over the years and have always loved the products. But, as you mention, when one pays for support they expect to receive it. I did not realize Magix owns Xara, thought it was an agreement only.

It is kind of you to take the time to do what you are doing and I certainly appreciate it!

Cheers,

Keith

klowetx wrote on 6/5/2018, 5:31 PM

Starship, Tuesday, 06/05/18, still no support after trying a few times. Does anyone know how to get support or their money back for the lack thereof? If I get my money back, then I will have to find new software. What loyalty after giving them my loyalty.

emmrecs wrote on 6/6/2018, 2:36 AM

Hi again.

I realise that this is becoming extremely annoying for you but can I ask for your patience?😇😇

As I wrote before, I have raised the issue with Magix Europe and am awaiting a reply. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

klowetx wrote on 6/6/2018, 7:05 AM

Yes, I will wait and presume a reasonable amount of time would be Monday? Again, thank you for your efforts. If the time frame should be longer, please let me know. The urgency is related to a clients portal web page which is why I am anxious and paid for support.

I also have a second issue that I wanted to inquire about regarding Magix popup ads on my Windows 10 PC for Music Maker. It seems after I uninstalled a trail version, pop ups from my task bar show ads for discounts on Music Maker and/or sounds & instruments from the Music Maker Store. These are not emails and I find them an intrusion. With Email marketing I am able to remove myself from the list or send it to a spam folder. But I do not know how to remove unwanted advertising. Any help on this second matter would also be much appreciated.

emmrecs wrote on 6/6/2018, 8:47 AM

Hi again.

Yes, I think Monday would be a suitable time length. I shall be away from my desk for most of Friday so, if I have received no response by tomorrow (Thursday) lunchtime I will "remind" Magix of my request!

As to your second comment about Music Maker pop-up ads (which I see you've also posted to the MM forum at least twice!!); there have been a number of posts expressing similar concerns and I know Magix staff are aware of the considerable strength of feeling on this! An earlier thread on the problem includes this suggested method of removal:

Magix installs a second app just called "Connect," that you can find in your add/remove programs control panel. If you look, it should say it's made by Magix. Removing that seems to get rid of their sales pop-up, at least I haven't seen one since I removed it.

I have no idea whether this "works" or not, but might be worth a try?

Jeff

EDIT: just received a message from the forum admin that he hopes to look into this problem tomorrow.

Last changed by emmrecs on 6/6/2018, 9:15 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

klowetx wrote on 6/14/2018, 8:05 PM

Starship Update, Thursday, 06/14/18. It has been a journey of unbelievable proportions. I find myself 10 days beyond my initial log in date for this issue. Yes, Jeff seems to have been a help with someone contacting me. Thank you Jeff. It was a long and brutal 7 days to due to misunderstandings of the issue in the original email. But once on track it was determined a variant on a hidden object was causing the problem. None of the other hidden objects had issues with the same variant and so I still do not understand why. Heck, I don't even understand the variant. Instead of working with something I did not understand it was simply deleted. Now I don't hide any objects, just delete them.

It's been a long road to resolve this issue with only one last task, the money. Yes, it's all about the money now! Normally I would simply let it go, but due to the lack of any support or the ability to reach out to support via email or phone. I want my money...show me the money. The person that emailed me for support is with Xara, not Magix, even though they are the same company. He referred me to the Magix Support Center yet there is no way to email them. The center (https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/request) has a link "New Request" that did not work with one of my browser, now that I have switched to another, I sent a request in for a refund. An automatic email reply said they would get back to me in a few days...seriously. Oh well, what's a few days right? Before clicking the submit button to send the ticket in, it showed me my original ticket and asked if it was related. I'm thinking, that was submitted 14 days ago yet I received a confirmation on this ticket saying it will be a few more days. Deja Vu.

Looking forward to posting my next Starship Update.

klowetx wrote on 6/14/2018, 8:13 PM

Magix, it's time to COWBOY UP or make me walk the plank...what is it going to be?