ACID Pro 8 / 9 / Next - public beta versions October, 25

Torsten wrote on 10/25/2019, 9:14 AM

Dear loyal customers & forum members!

With great consternation we have noticed the many disappointed posts in the forum.

A lot of issues concern VST plug-ins and we know that...

When we ported the existing codebase to 64-bit we have decided to develop a 32- to 64-bit VST bridge so that you can load and continue all your projects from previous ACID Pro versions in ACID Pro 8 and future versions.

As you probably know, most DAWs do not support 32-bit VST plug-ins anymore.

There are good reasons for this because this technical challenge is not easy to master.

And you open "Pandora's Box" if you try to support plug-ins from almost two decades...

Despite all these adverse circumstances, we decided to keep the bridge and master it.

Because we care about the many customers who have stayed loyal to ACID Pro in the very long break since ACID Pro 7.

And after a few setbacks and various technical approaches, we have also made it very far.

After publishing the ARA2 support in ACID Pro 9 and ACID Pro Next, we have implemented the latest VST engine and much more into the code base of ACID Pro 8.

From now on ACID Pro 8 and ACID Music Studio 11 users will also benefit from VST bugfixes, which we made (and make) in ACID Pro 9 and ACID Pro Next. 

And now we ask you to join in testing this VST engine with your plug-in collections.

We are happy to provide you with the 1st public beta versions of ACID today.

Please test extensively with your plug-in collection!

Let's take it together and turn ACID Pro into the best VST engine in the world (with the help of "Pandora's Box").

We are looking forward to your feedback.

Important: Please always make backups of your projects - this is a beta version

Installer:

ACID Music Studio 11

Version: 11.0.10.15

64bit Version: https://support2.magix.com/customer/de/rdl/HPDN3T

ACID Pro 8

Version: 8.0.10.15

64bit Version: https://support2.magix.com/customer/de/rdl/5YX64F

ACID Pro 8 Suite

Version: 8.0.10.15

64bit Version: https://support2.magix.com/customer/de/rdl/VTFQGW

ACID Pro 9

Version: 9.0.3.29

64bit Version: https://support2.magix.com/customer/de/rdl/S23285

ACID Pro Next

Version: 1.0.3.29

64bit Version: https://support2.magix.com/customer/de/rdl/LUBTPR

ACID Pro Next Suite

Version: 1.0.3.29

64bit Version: https://support2.magix.com/customer/de/rdl/P6ZZMH

New in this version:

• Updated: VST engine
  • Fixed: pretty much annoying stuff

Test Focus:

Please test extensively with your plug-in collection!

Check for issues.

Known bugs and limitations:

We investigate and work on the solution of MP3 issues that have been communicated to us through the forum and support.

Reports:

Please reply to this thread with all relevant info regarding issues and bugs which have occured in the BETA-Version. 

Please check that you have installed the latest version of your VST plug-ins.

Thanks for testing!!!!

Your ACID Team

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/25/2019, 11:26 AM

@CidBil

The links lead direct to the appropriate installer and offers to download immediately, at least for me, using Chrome (latest version).

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

CidBil wrote on 10/25/2019, 11:31 AM

Ah, silly me, they are indeed working, downloading AP9 now on Firefox.....thanks much..

sheppo wrote on 10/25/2019, 12:52 PM

Thanks @Torsten, hopefully this more open view of the beta progress for the entire community will lead to fewer bugs make it out of beta! 👍

mellotronworker wrote on 10/25/2019, 3:36 PM

Am I missing something here?

I installed the beta of Acid PRO 9.0 x64 (9.03 b29) and pointed it at the three VST folders I have for x64, VST3 and x86 VSTs. Acid has picked up none of the 32 bits soft synths at all, but has picked up all the vendors names. (GForce, Arturia, etc....)

Edit: it doesn't seem to have picked up any of the 32bits effects either.

Edit #2: None reported as failed, none reported as ignored, and none reported as unavailable

Matt-Francis wrote on 10/26/2019, 12:42 AM

I want to do this but I have AP8 installed. Probably a dumb question but if I install the beta version of AP8 will that open as a separate application or will it overwrite the copy I have?

Frank_Fader wrote on 10/26/2019, 1:05 AM

Am I missing something here?

I installed the beta of Acid PRO 9.0 x64 (9.03 b29) and pointed it at the three VST folders I have for x64, VST3 and x86 VSTs...

Edit: it doesn't seem to have picked up any of the 32bits effects either.

Edit #2: None reported as failed, none reported as ignored, and none reported as unavailable

1. Have you tried to "force rescan"?

2. There is an issue with WAVES Plugins, these only work as VST3 Version in ACID. Since all WAVES plugins are available as VST3, the new ACID betas should automatically exchange WAVES VST2 plugins with the VST3 version when loading projects containing WAVES plugins.

Frank_Fader wrote on 10/26/2019, 1:11 AM

I want to do this but I have AP8 installed. Probably a dumb question but if I install the beta version of AP8 will that open as a separate application or will it overwrite the copy I have?

I am afraid that it will overwrite the previous AP8 version. So make sure that you keepthe previous version installer as backup. Switching between Acid versions is quite fast - if you want to go back to a previous AP8 version, deinstall the AP8 and run the old installer - should be done in about 5 minutes.

BTW AP8 and AP9 can be installed in parallel on the computer.

Matt-Francis wrote on 10/26/2019, 3:18 AM

I am afraid that it will overwrite the previous AP8 version. So make sure that you keepthe previous version installer as backup. Switching between Acid versions is quite fast - if you want to go back to a previous AP8 version, deinstall the AP8 and run the old installer - should be done in about 5 minutes.

BTW AP8 and AP9 can be installed in parallel on the computer.

OK, thank you for the response. Good to see the Magix staff on the forums too!

Matt-Francis wrote on 10/27/2019, 7:24 AM

I have just started using the updated version and I'm happy to report that so far all the presets I had lost on legacy plug ins are now back and usable again. Thank you to the team for working on this and getting it fixed.

CidBil wrote on 10/27/2019, 7:29 AM

Ok, to start, the only issue that I've had re: VST's and VSTI's, is that not all of the plugins load on startup. Sometimes none appear in the list, sometimes only 32 bit plugins are in the list, and other times only the 64 bit plugins are in the list. What I have found, is when this happens, I use the Configure VST utility, which then shows all plugins. There are times when everything loads and appears in the list.

This behavior happens whether I open the program from the Taskbar Icon, or a Desktop Icon, or if I double click a saved project to open it. It's a very random occurrence.

So this morning I did an experiment, and since regardless of how I open Acid Pro 9 the issue would occur, I opened it with the Taskbar Icon. I opened and closed the program with this method 10 times.

When I opened the program, all VST's (effects and Softsynths) only loaded completely and were available 4 times.

Only 32bit plugins were recognized 3 times, and 3 times only the 64bit plugins were recognized.

I'm using a 6 year old HP laptop with Windows 10, with all the latest updates.

For me, this issue has occurred starting with all builds of AP8 and AP9.

HTH

Zephyr-lyh wrote on 10/28/2019, 10:06 AM

Just have a quick test, Adding the Air riser(32bit) to Acid Pro 9(x64), It load but no respond to my input. Loading AAS Player(x64) and it works.

The rewire problem seems have progress, when I start it on my rewire host it start and show me it is using rewire device driver.But it doesnt connected behind the scene. Acid dont send sound to my rewire host and not respond midi message from there.

roland14 wrote on 10/28/2019, 2:07 PM

I installed the new version and now none of my vst from vstplugins and stainberg/vstplugins show up only vst3s and acid vsts??? going back to older version.

Just when I think acid is back, I get dissapointed, I dont think they will get the acid right, everytime I see an update its gets worse and worse :(

mellotronworker wrote on 10/28/2019, 4:02 PM

I installed the new version and now none of my vst from vstplugins and stainberg/vstplugins show up only vst3s and acid vsts??? going back to older version.

Yep, that's what I am getting too. I even tried it on another system - same result. ACID 9.0x beta doesn't pick up any 32 bit VSTs. Did your installation (weirdly) pick up the vendor names though>? Mine did.

Former user wrote on 10/29/2019, 12:33 PM

First, Thank you Magix for trying to fix the multitude of problems with Acid (8 & 9) 64bit. With that said, the new build for A9 has a small problem with disabling an effect in a plugin chain. It seems you can't by pass an effect by unchecking it with your mouse. You now have to right click and choose 'by pass'. It does this on every computer I have so it seems to be a program issue not a computer issue. Sorry to add to you list of problems but....

mellotronworker wrote on 10/29/2019, 4:28 PM

Update - I went along to PROFILE\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\9.0 and deleted the XML files there and restarted the Acid 9x64 beta. This time it loaded all of the 32 bit VSTs (which is good) and none of the 32 bit soft synths, (which is bad). It loaded the 64 bits soft synths fine, though. Is there anything I can provide to assist with debugging?

Frank_Fader wrote on 10/30/2019, 3:23 AM

Is there anything I can provide to assist with debugging?

Thanks for your feedback and offer to help. Please tell us some examples for 32 Bit soft synths (manufacturer, name) which do not load (that means they are not scanned/recognized, or they fail when trying to use/instantiate them?)

Please note that the Magix softsynth instruments which are coming with ACID only show up as 64 Bit by purpose, and when loading 32 Bit projects containing 32 Bit Magix Synth they are automatically replaced with their 64 Bit counter part.

Petet wrote on 10/30/2019, 8:11 AM

uad works fine on bus tracks but not on main audio tracks, buffer errors no matter what settings. offline render or normal render issues. East west Play works great but forgets the loaded preset on reload.

roland14 wrote on 10/30/2019, 3:21 PM

Yep, that's what I am getting too. I even tried it on another system - same result. ACID 9.0x beta doesn't pick up any 32 bit VSTs. Did your installation (weirdly) pick up the vendor names though>? Mine did.

Mine did not even pick up vendor names only the ones that I had installed as a vst3

Newman-cz wrote on 10/31/2019, 12:09 PM

He tested what interests me the most - Beatmapper.

So far it looks very good.
The project opens and remembers setting Mark points in the music track. I presets in VST.

I only have VST effects VST3. But I didn't check the directory settings. I had to test the most important part in the heat, why I am still with the ACID program - Beatmapper.

I will work at the last stable AP8, but boy - good job.

paul-young wrote on 11/2/2019, 1:51 PM

I had to authorize AP 8 again with this beta.

jocker-boy wrote on 11/3/2019, 10:49 AM

I installed Acid Pro 8 beta today. At the first launch, it requested a plug-in folder.I skipped this step because I don't use 32 bit plugins.I'll see if it detected 64 bit correctly.So far a very big improvement in Beatmapper operation and setting the tempo in the grid. Good markers, that's good.He doesn't lose them in saved projects.I think it works smoother, better, the sound also.There is no problem with disappearing waveforms when zooming.Bravo Magix.

bfresh wrote on 11/5/2019, 10:24 AM

Neither beta version could find my Slate Digital FG-X plugin. I tried uninstalling / reinstalling. I tried putting the plugin in its own folder and having Acid scan that folder. I tried both the 32 & 64 bit versions of the plugin. I reverted back to AP8 build 233 which does find the Slate Digital plugin, although it will not remember the project settings.

mellotronworker wrote on 11/6/2019, 11:44 AM

Is there anything I can provide to assist with debugging?

Thanks for your feedback and offer to help. Please tell us some examples for 32 Bit soft synths (manufacturer, name) which do not load (that means they are not scanned/recognized, or they fail when trying to use/instantiate them?)

Please note that the Magix softsynth instruments which are coming with ACID only show up as 64 Bit by purpose, and when loading 32 Bit projects containing 32 Bit Magix Synth they are automatically replaced with their 64 Bit counter part.

@Frank_Fader

Attached is a folder list view of the 32 bit VST folder on my system. The folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins. That folder has been added to the VST Plugin Manager and 'force rescan' was selected. Not one of these plug-ins is available in the beta of Acid 9x64, and none are reported as having failed either.

Edit: Not to throw in a grenade here, but the other DAW on my system picks all of these up fine.

Former user wrote on 11/6/2019, 10:11 PM

Most of those plugins have 64-Bit versions, so just use those.

BlueCat, Kontakt, Garritan, etc.

At some point, the onus is on the user to keep their plugins up to date.

Also, the standard installation directory for 32-Bit VST Plugins is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins

Try moving the data to there (or adding a Link in that folder) and see if the VST scanner reacts differently:

1. Right Click Start Menu -> Command Prompt (Admin)
  2. cd \Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins
  3. MKLINK /J MyPlugins "C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins"
    1. The Quotes are mandatory for paths with spaces.