This error message may appear when you try to start a recording. To resolve the issue, try the following fixes:
- Run the program as an administrator and try using the recording feature again. To do this, right-click the program icon and select "Run as administrator" in the context menu.
- Check to make sure you are using the latest version of the program. To check for available updates, go to "Update online" in the Help menu. You can also check for updates for your registered MAGIX product under "Download" at http://support.magix.net .
- Reset the program to its default settings. To do this, go to "File" > "Settings..." > "Reset program settings to defaults".
- Check to make sure you are using the latest drivers for your sound card. To update the drivers, go to Control Panel > Device Manager and find the entry for your sound card.
- Try changing the audio source in the program.
- Try changing the recording quality in the program (switch from "High" to "Very high" and vice versa).
- Also check whether all settings for the recording format match the program via Windows. To do this, open the Control Panel and click on "Hardware and Sound > Sound".
- Go to "Recording" and open the settings for your sound card (e.g. right-click on "Stereo Mix" and go to "Properties" > "Advanced").
- Change the recording format and try using the recording feature again.