I'm afraid I have not been able to, nor have I received any feedback regarding the issue we're experiencing. I, personally, had to put it on the back-burner and use my other VSTi's for a project of mine with a deadline. This is not the only forum in which I've posed the question either and I'm getting nothing even close to a solution.
I'm almost certain that it has to do with polyphony, but the editable parameters for polyphony in Independence are different than those which I've experienced before and even when I adjust them, nothing changes.
It is EXTREMELY frustrating!!!
I will let you know if I find a solution and please let me know if YOU do.