How do I extend a note further than 8 bars. [magix music maker 2014]

Roxall schrieb am 10.08.2014 um 11:11 Uhr

Specifically, I want to strum out a guitar sample. It seems that I cannot extend the length of a note further than 8 bars in an "object". It gives me the option in the object to "zoom" to 16 bars, [bottom right corner of object,  but the object doesnt change, and still only lets me edit 8 bars. This isnt enough time for this particular guitar sample to strum out. I have looked everywhere and tried everything within my knowledge of the software but no luck. I have also tried zooming in to the object from the project page so I can extend the object as long as I want, but all that does is loop the same 8 bars over and over. I dont want to do that.

Please help me work out how to extend a single note [guitar strum] further than 8 bars.

thanks.

Kommentare

nihon94 schrieb am 10.08.2014 um 11:43 Uhr

Normally when we use Music Maker it should automatically keep recording but as in this case it seems difficult. Did you update your Music Maker?

Any way if you like there is an another method unless you get solution to your problem.

Open Music Maker and give a name to the project such as Template or whatever. Next drag and drop objects from the Soundpool library keep doing. You will notice bar is increasing keep doing as long as you want. Now export it a wave file.

From here, whenever you wanted to open saved project or wanted to make a new project keep the exported wave file on the top (1st track) and MUTE it. Whatever objects you add under it will remain of the same duration. Even you can drag the corner of the 1st wave file to the right to increase.  When you are done editing to your objects from 2nd track you can export your projects.

Other than above did you try to drag the object to the right and pressing Plus sign (+) doing so will increase the bar as you wish.

nihon94

browj2 schrieb am 10.08.2014 um 18:06 Uhr

After enlarging the time section with the - button at the bottom right of the arranger, drag the big yellow bar at the top to the right to get more bars.

Zuletzt geändert von browj2 am 10.08.2014, 18:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

nihon94 schrieb am 11.08.2014 um 18:27 Uhr

Did you try default settings - File, Settings, Reset. Please note if you have your settings that will be returned back to default.

nihon94

browj2 schrieb am 11.08.2014 um 19:31 Uhr

I am not entirely sure what you want as your 2 posts seem to talk about different things.

Firstly, you indicate that you want the guitar strum sample to last more than 8 bars. In MM, when you stretch out an object it repeats. However, if you change the tempo of the object and reduce it, the sample will stretch out to more than the original number of bars. See the image below. I used the same sample on tracks 1 and 2, of 2 bars. Then by selecting the object on track one, I used the tempo tool to reduce the beat to 60BPM (Shift+P), which stretched it to 4 bars. 

Alternatively, if you want your guitar strum to last more longer, then try resampling it. But a vibrating string does not last long. You may have more success with a midi strum.

Secondly, you say that you cannot get more than 8 bars for your song? See the image again. See the - button at the bottom right? I clicked this to get more time in the arranger. See page 33 in the manual. See the top yellow bar? It says 16 bars. It was 8 bars by default but I dragged it to the right. I get more bars if I drag it further. This does not change the number of bars of any object, you have to do that separately.

Look at my track 3. I dragged out the 2 bar soundpool to 12 bars. Yes it repeats if you are recording when the play/record cursor gets to the end of the yellow bar, that is what it is supposed to do. If you want the longer, then drag it to the right.

Look at my track 4. I recorded a voice track. The other tracks are played back while I am recording, but when the playback/rec cursor gets to the end of the yellow bar, it starts again, but my recording keeps going.

Lastly, read the manual. See page 25. The yellow bar will cause your existing objects to repeat when you record, if that is what you want. If not drag it out.

There is no "fix" required. You just have to learn how to use the program properly. Read the first part of the manual and follow along with the program.

If this still does not help, post screen shots and a complete and clear description of what you are trying to do.

Zuletzt geändert von browj2 am 11.08.2014, 19:31, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

browj2 schrieb am 12.08.2014 um 07:19 Uhr

Shift+P doesn't work? (Hold down the shift key then press p).

Select the object, open the Effects menu. Somewhere there should be a selection for Timeshift/Pitch.

Zuletzt geändert von browj2 am 12.08.2014, 07:19, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

John C.B.