Welcome to the new magix.info

MAGIX_Redaktion schrieb am 08.12.2016 um 11:53 Uhr

Dear Community members,

Since 2001, a total of more than 250,000 users have registered on magix.info. To this day we have many users that are active on a daily basis here, and this is because with us they've found just the right place to exchange ideas. We're a living community that conveys a sense of belonging, and we're proud of this.

Admittedly, it hasn't always been smooth sailing. For this reason, we'd like to use the relaunch of magix.info as an occasion to say goodbye to SPAM, 502 Bad Gateway and other well-known bugs that on the one hand, have brought us to develop creative solutions, and on the other, caused us lots of grief. It's time to turn a new leaf.

Any and all of you in need of help or willing to share your knowledge are welcome on our completely reworked platform. We are excited to hear from each and every person looking for a place to exchange ideas of the topic of media (known earlier as Show & Discuss), create tutorials and be part of constructive discussions.

We already presented a few changes in our Announcement thread. With this relaunch, our goal is to keep the spirit of magix.info while creating more space for new beginnings that make it easier to have discussions and allow our users to upload tutorials and media even quicker than before.

We've come a long way in developing the new magix.info, as you can see from the first drafts:

I'd like to take this opportunity to extend a big thanks to our users! Thank you to the moderators, who have always and with great passion fought for the platform's further development and have taken great care of the day-to-day business.

Also, I would like to thank all developers, designers and project & community managers who have worked on this platform for years and have ultimately made this possible.

And, finally, a big thank you to all the users, who give life to the platform.

Have fun with the new magix.info!

Best regards,

Mathias Hoppe

Community Manager

Kommentare

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 08.12.2016 um 14:25 Uhr

Where is my "Inbox"? Where is my "Overview"? Where are my "sent messages"? This site has become an absolute mess!. Why would you intentionally set out to make navigation to the most commonly accessed features so confusing? I understand your need for change, but "change" should 'simplify', not make things more 'complicated'. Please clarify.

browj2 schrieb am 08.12.2016 um 15:52 Uhr

Hi Griff,

Click on your Avatar at the top of the page and you will see the menu. There is also a small gear on some screens that gives you access to your profile. The gear is too small IMHO, and not well placed.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 08.12.2016 um 17:33 Uhr

Hi Griff,

Click on your Avatar at the top of the page and you will see the menu. There is also a small gear on some screens that gives you access to your profile. The gear is too small IMHO, and not well placed.

Thanks, Brow. But, I 'still' do not see my Inbox messages, my sent messages and other items that I'm accustomed to accessing immediately. I do not mind progress, but is this "new look" worth sacrificing convenience? Maybe I'm not looking carefully enough?

browj2 schrieb am 08.12.2016 um 19:38 Uhr

Just click on your Avatar and you see the pop-down menu:

Click on messages and they should all be there.

You can now follow your posts. Instead of Messages, click on My profile, then at the left, click on Followed.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 08.12.2016 um 20:48 Uhr

Thanks again. Unfortunately, there are no messages there. Only the discussion that you and I have been having. All of my previous mail from my inbox (including messages for me to listen to a member's new song, is not there). I just received an email at Yahoo from a member wondering why I had not responded to a request to listen to a song. I have not seen that or the other messages. I can show you a screenshot that you will notice is completely blank. Something is amiss, my friend.

browj2 schrieb am 08.12.2016 um 23:54 Uhr

Ouch! Maybe they have not migrated all of the messages yet.

John C.B.

Gryami schrieb am 09.12.2016 um 10:15 Uhr

I'm with Griff on this one. This is clearly a backward step. Where are "My Favourites"?, can we still see who's online ?. cannot see previous messages. This web page is not a step in the right direction. Can someone explain why it was necessary to change the web site.

Edit: It seems some of them have appeared.

browj2 schrieb am 09.12.2016 um 18:02 Uhr

Gryami,

I have to agree with you about not being able to see who's online.

As for why it was necessary, it you followed any of the negative comments from the Vegas users, you would see that they really did not like the old site. Called it amateurish. Funny, the site that they had with Sony was pitiful compared to what we had.

In any event, there are some advantages to the new site, but also some disadvantages. For me, the site is a terrible mess on my BlackBerry Playbook. It was excellent before, so I am not particularly pleased with the result.

I presume that you have found your messages.

Favourites? Would that now be "Follow?" I now get an email for any messages when I click on "I want to follow this post" whenever there is a new message.

What I liked before was Notepad, which I assume has also been replace by "follow."

I have done some tutorials and no longer see how many have viewed them. As well, the screen has white text on black background; not always easy to read, especialy since some users had used different coloured text, making it extremely difficult to read.

The text colour has now been removed from the menu.

At least upload has been improved by putting it under 1 button.

There are some other problems, but I expect they will be sorted out.

Zuletzt geändert von browj2 am 09.12.2016, 18:10, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

John C.B.

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 09.12.2016 um 18:30 Uhr

Hi Folks:

All I can say is that the way it is now (for me) is supremely unusuable. I 'still' see no messages (old or new). I can't review any new music requests. The old "inbox" is now gone. In the end, I will not login again for a while (until something drastically changes... Thanks for the comments here.

nirvanray schrieb am 10.12.2016 um 11:20 Uhr

Horrible one, cannot see anything or any updates.

Colour is bad.

I think my time has time to quite MAGIX.

I thank all mt firnds for their suppurt and help (mainly George and Johns).

nirvanray schrieb am 10.12.2016 um 11:22 Uhr

I'm with Griff on this one. This is clearly a backward step. Where are "My Favourites"?, can we still see who's online ?. cannot see previous messages. This web page is not a step in the right direction. Can someone explain why it was necessary to change the web site.

Hi Folks:

All I can say is that the way it is now (for me) is supremely unusuable. I 'still' see no messages (old or new). I can't review any new music requests. The old "inbox" is now gone. In the end, I will not login again for a while (until something drastically changes... Thanks for the comments here.

Totall agreed. It looks so messed up.

johnebaker schrieb am 10.12.2016 um 13:03 Uhr

Hi

Just logged in to the new forum for the first time and I am seeing an oddity with the dates of messages - both in the list on the left, as shown below, and the individual message header - the month is in Ukrainian not English, all my settings are for UK or US and English.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 10.12.2016 um 15:45 Uhr

Hi Folks:

Totall agreed. It looks so messed up.

Hi

Just logged in to the new forum for the first time and I am seeing an oddity with the dates of messages - both in the list on the left, as shown below, and the individual message header - the month is in Ukrainian not English, all my settings are for UK or US and English.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

John EB

Hi John:

At least you're getting 'something'. I'm still wandering around trying to find my "inbox" and "sent" messages. Trying to locate anything within this "updated" format has proven to be a real exercise in frustration. It's as though that everything I've done since I rejoined in 2015 has been totally erradicated. Someone needs to contact the web designers of this site and explain to them that they have orchestrated a disjointed mess. As I mentioned in my first comment, the purpose of "upgrading" should be to "improve" content, NOT make the user's experience more difficult. I fully understand the need to "modernize" things, but tampering with this site simply to assuage the visual appetites of certain Sony users, is absolutely insane. If my discontent with what has been done to this (once easily navigable) site was isolated, then I would not complain. However, my negative experiences are also being shared by a wide body of members; many of whom have been here for lots of years. Adminstrators: please correct this mistake. It is clearly NOT working!

browj2 schrieb am 10.12.2016 um 18:07 Uhr

@Griff,

When you click on your Avatar, do you wee the same thing as in my screen shot that I posted before?

Do you see the Messages in the list?

When you click on Messages, what happens? Do you get the same screen as John EB and I?

All of my messages are there. There is no sent or received - they are all in one long list.

@John EB,

No, I still get what is shown in my previous screen shot.

@Anirban,

It's not that bad and in no way affects the programs.

Q&A and Forum are now combined and threads are easier to find by category; just press on the button.

I can now get posts in English and French, Tutorials in German, English and French, so access is much better.

EDIT: And I like the new format for Media, much nicer to look at.

My only beefs are that we no longer see the view counter in Media and Tutorials, and can't see who is on-line or the list of users, and my BB tablet doesn't like the interface. These are minor.

Zuletzt geändert von browj2 am 10.12.2016, 18:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

John C.B.

Gryami schrieb am 11.12.2016 um 06:22 Uhr

@Browl2.....The "My favourites" folder I was refering to was the recordings presented by other members, and placed in my folder for some further listening time. I hope that this is clear.

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 11.12.2016 um 11:20 Uhr

@Griff,

When you click on your Avatar, do you wee the same thing as in my screen shot that I posted before?

Do you see the Messages in the list?

When you click on Messages, what happens? Do you get the same screen as John EB and I?

All of my messages are there. There is no sent or received - they are all in one long list.

@John EB,

No, I still get what is shown in my previous screen shot.

@Anirban,

It's not that bad and in no way affects the programs.

Q&A and Forum are now combined and threads are easier to find by category; just press on the button.

I can now get posts in English and French, Tutorials in German, English and French, so access is much better.

EDIT: And I like the new format for Media, much nicer to look at.

My only beefs are that we no longer see the view counter in Media and Tutorials, and can't see who is on-line or the list of users, and my BB tablet doesn't like the interface. These are minor.

No, I do not see what your screenshot shows. And, that's just one of my problems. As a matter of fact, even within this message, things are not normal from my vantage point. I am at the point now, that if something is not done (soon) I do not plan on continuing to visit MMM. I love this community, but my frustration level has peaked (that's a real shame, Brow).

Scenestealer schrieb am 11.12.2016 um 11:55 Uhr

Hi John EB

My messages are showing the Ukranian? month like yours.

Works pretty well but is a bit bland / bright.

Is there a way to choose new answers first or is that the default under "latest"?

Peter

System Specs: Intel 6th Gen i7 6700K 4Ghz O.C.4.6GHz, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming MoBo, 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD system disc WD Black 4TB HDD Video Storage, Nvidia GTX1060 OC 6GB, Win10 Pro 2004, MEP2016, 2022 (V21.0.1.92) Premium and prior, VPX7, VPX12 (V18.0.1.85). Microsoft Surface Pro3 i5 4300U 1.9GHz Max 2.6Ghz, HDGraphics 4400, 4GB Ram 128GB SSD + 64GB Strontium Micro SD card, Win 10Pro 2004, MEP2015 Premium.

browj2 schrieb am 11.12.2016 um 16:50 Uhr

@Griff,

When you click on your Avatar, does the menu pop-down? If so, when you click on Messages, what happens? Can you post a screen shot? Which browser are you using? I'm using Edge. The Messages show up on an overlay window which has to be closed with the X at the top left. It may be that your browser is not allowing the overlay window to be shown. Which region are you using (bottom of the screen - American flag?

@John EB and Peter,

I have USA at the bottom right as the region. Did you try changing the region? EDIT: It is a British thing. I just changed to UK and the messages show the Ukranian date.

No way to change the sort like we had before, unfortunately, or at least I couldn't find it.

@Gryami,

Favourites has been replaced by Followed. I clicked Followed on 2 Media items and they show up under Followed on My Profile screen - then click on the tab select Media  - there are 3 buttons - FORUM, TUTORIALS, MEDIA, so there is a separate list per type.

It would be helpful and quicker if the Avatar menu had Followed on the list.

@All,

Someone asked if one could send a message to all contacts telling them about a new Media upload. I can't find a way to send a message to more than one contact at a time. Anyone else?

BTW, I did find a way to get the list of all registered members, under Messages. Start a new conversation and the box changes to "Message to." Type a letter or symbol and all of the members whose name starts with that appear. Amazingly, there are several whose name starts with *.

Still didn't find a way to find out who is on-line.

Zuletzt geändert von browj2 am 11.12.2016, 16:53, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

John C.B.

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 11.12.2016 um 18:31 Uhr

Yes Browj, the menu pops down, and I can see certain "private" messages from members.   However, instead of a "reply" button, there is a "start new conversation" button. I remain puzzled as to why the web developers would not include such a simple feature as a "reply" option (the "reply' feature is even missing here).  That's not progress.  Further, the member wrote and asked me why there is no clear cut way for her to send her posted song to members on her contact list (also stated by above).  That glaring problem is a huge one; and has also been brought to my attention by more than a few people.   

One of my main problems regarding this "new" setup, since the revamping, is that I have not received any messages from any members requesting that I listen to a new song.  Not one.  In prior years, I was getting at least four or five such messages per day.  Clearly, something is wrong here.  For musicians attempting to publish their music to a larger audience, this is a real problem, browj.

BTW, I'm using the latest Firefox version (50.0.2) In addition, all of my plugins are up-to-date.

Hope we can get this site back to some semblance of normality.  Lately, it has not been a whole lot of fun, brother.

Here is a screenshot:

Virtually nothing there, except my ability to "follow" the discussion on this page. *(Side note: where is the "spell checker" feature)?

browj2 schrieb am 11.12.2016 um 19:04 Uhr

@Griff,

I sent you a PM invite for a song.

To reply, look at the bottom of the message where there a box that says "Your message...." It's different, but simple, just like here, no button to press, just start typing in the box. Of course, make sure that you selected the correct message first.

The lack of a spell-checker has also been noted on the French Forum. Hopefully, Magix will get one.

John C.B.

MAGIX_Redaktion schrieb am 12.12.2016 um 15:18 Uhr

Hi everybody,

Thank you all for your feedback. Partially it was intended and partially it was not possible to get every feature on the new platform. There were various reasons, for example: the old code structure. We had to develope everything from the ground up.

While we continue to develope this platform, your constructive criticism is appreciated a lot. We won't change the whole structure of the website but of course there are things we can talk about.

You should find your old "Favorites" under "Followed". Your messages and "Favorites" should have been migrated. The hexagon besides the avatar indicates if someone is online (green = online | grey = offline)

Best regards,
Mathias

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 12.12.2016 um 16:46 Uhr

Hello Mathias:

Thank you for the update. Unfortunately, there are many more problems with this website that you did not address. First and foremost, my "Favorites" have yet to show up. None of my earlier correspondence to other members have all disappeared. I have not received any requests to review any members' song since you redeveloped this site. (Prior to this "upgrade", I was receiving at least three or more per day, so something is definitely amiss in that area). There seems to be no clear cut way to to send multiple messages to people from my contact list once a song has been posted.

As a long-time computer technician, I am 100% for progress. However, your web developers appear to have created more (unneccessary) problems than should be reasonably expected by the users of this site. One of the biggest drawbacks to upgrading a large website such as this, is that many web designers fail to understand that "substance" should always prevail over "style". It's like buying a new car. I always look great from the outside, but when you look beneath the hood, it's another question.

When I first joined the Magix community a few years ago, I was pleasantly struck by the ease-of-use of this site. In addition, I was also pleased to be able to showcase many of my songs as a musician. Initially, that is was attracted me here in the first place. I was also delighted that other members and musicians felt the same. The ability to see new song material by simply visiting the first page was a major plus factor. All of that has changed in a very dramatic way. I don't know whether or not Magix's purchasing of many of Sony's products has anything to do with this change. If that is the case, musicians, like myself, appear to have been pushed to the back. Personally, I feel that we have been relegated to second-class status. In a recently posted message, I read that some Sony users had been complaining of this site's "old" look, and was the impetus behind Magix's decision to change the "look" and "feel" of this site. If that is the case, I (along with many Magix products users) are highly disappointed.

In the end, I am encouraged Mathias, that you seem to be aware of some of the issues that this overhaul has posed for many long-time members of this site. Hopefully, in the not-too-distant future, your web developers will re-examine their decision to remove several (core) features from this website; as well as take a very close look at many of the issues that "reconstruction" has initiated.

Take care.

Griff

Bob_Olhsson schrieb am 12.12.2016 um 20:58 Uhr

My messages are all missing too.

browj2 schrieb am 13.12.2016 um 02:09 Uhr

@Bob,

Your profile says that you are a member since.......today. This is your first comment, no posts, no media, no tutorials. So, what happened?

John C.B.