Comments

Mel wrote on 27/09/2018, 13:06

Although I always check the box in bottom left corner - Don't show this again - it still keeps popping up - Mel

emmrecs wrote on 27/09/2018, 16:06

Please see this thread and make sure you follow the links given.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, Photo Story Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D

johnebaker wrote on 27/09/2018, 19:38

@Mel

Hi

If you do not use the Magix Network Sync (it may be called Magix Connect) program you can uninstall it.

If you do use software for transfer via Wifi or the Cloud Import function then you can turn of the notifications by opening Network Sync and deselecting all the programs listed in the Info channel as shown below - mine is in German.

To open Network Sync click its small icon in the system tray bottom right of the Windows pane shown below.

HTH

John EB

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP Pro Premium, Video Pro X4, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015.

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

chris-b wrote on 22/12/2018, 02:03

What's the German about? Mine is in German too!

Any idea why this would be? Is there a way to switch it to English?

emmrecs wrote on 22/12/2018, 10:31

Hi.

Perhaps because Magix is a German company and they simply "forgot" to translate the words on that screen.

Is there a way to switch it to English?

None that I am aware of, sorry. However the key word is "Aktiviert" = Activated. Simply click on it and it should change to "Deaktiviert" (I think that's the correct spelling!).

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, Photo Story Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D

d-f wrote on 11/05/2019, 16:42

Whatever. Those pop up ads are so annoying. How stupid of them to do that. If they had put notices in the program itself when it is opened I could accept that but putting pop ups on my screen when I boot.... No way. Bye Magix.

browj2 wrote on 13/05/2019, 17:11

Any idea why this would be? Is there a way to switch it to English?

@chris-b

The German is a bug and you can't change it directly to English, another bug. Change the language in Magix Connect to French, and then to English.

@d-f

The bottom popup seems to be a relatively new Window feature that some companies are using to place announcement and adverts. Corel has figured out how to make adverts pop up at any time and has not provided a simple way to turn it off. Other software companies will likely also exploit this feature, so reinstalling all of your software on a new computer will likely give them the opportunity to install the start-up pop-up advert feature.

Magix has made it simple to remove Magix Connect or turn off the pop-up announcements. Magix Connect has several uses, one of which is to advise users of updates, special offers, discount coupon codes, etc. Rather than removing Magix Connect, you can simply disable all of the products for which you don't want to receive any news. Then, do not ever complain that you were not advised about an update/upgrade, special offer or coupon code.

Another use of Magix Connect is to allow cloud computing. This is a feature in programs like Movie Edit Pro and VPX. I don't know about Video Easy.

I usually get a popup when I turn on my computer. If it's interesting, I open it, if not, I don't. This takes a grand total of 2 seconds, so I don't see how this can be annoying to the extent that you state.

John CB

d-f wrote on 16/05/2019, 05:36

So put up with it. I choose to not. I have no problem paying for software. If I got it free I can see where they have the right to pop adverts at me but not when I have purchased it.

In any case, all their software is now off all our computers. Like it or lump it and do what ever you wish as will I.

browj2 wrote on 16/05/2019, 15:14

So put up with it. I choose to not. I have no problem paying for software. If I got it free I can see where they have the right to pop adverts at me but not when I have purchased it.

@d-f

No, I said to turn it off if you don't want pop-up notices. Some of us want the notices.