Comments

Mel wrote on 9/27/2018, 6:06 AM

Although I always check the box in bottom left corner - Don't show this again - it still keeps popping up - Mel

emmrecs wrote on 9/27/2018, 9:06 AM

Please see this thread and make sure you follow the links given.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 9/27/2018, 12:38 PM

@Mel

Hi

If you do not use the Magix Network Sync (it may be called Magix Connect) program you can uninstall it.

If you do use software for transfer via Wifi or the Cloud Import function then you can turn of the notifications by opening Network Sync and deselecting all the programs listed in the Info channel as shown below - mine is in German.

To open Network Sync click its small icon in the system tray bottom right of the Windows pane shown below.

HTH

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

chris-b wrote on 12/21/2018, 7:03 PM

What's the German about? Mine is in German too!

Any idea why this would be? Is there a way to switch it to English?

emmrecs wrote on 12/22/2018, 3:31 AM

Hi.

Perhaps because Magix is a German company and they simply "forgot" to translate the words on that screen.

Is there a way to switch it to English?

None that I am aware of, sorry. However the key word is "Aktiviert" = Activated. Simply click on it and it should change to "Deaktiviert" (I think that's the correct spelling!).

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

d-f wrote on 5/11/2019, 9:42 AM

Whatever. Those pop up ads are so annoying. How stupid of them to do that. If they had put notices in the program itself when it is opened I could accept that but putting pop ups on my screen when I boot.... No way. Bye Magix.

browj2 wrote on 5/13/2019, 10:11 AM

Any idea why this would be? Is there a way to switch it to English?

@chris-b

The German is a bug and you can't change it directly to English, another bug. Change the language in Magix Connect to French, and then to English.

@d-f

The bottom popup seems to be a relatively new Window feature that some companies are using to place announcement and adverts. Corel has figured out how to make adverts pop up at any time and has not provided a simple way to turn it off. Other software companies will likely also exploit this feature, so reinstalling all of your software on a new computer will likely give them the opportunity to install the start-up pop-up advert feature.

Magix has made it simple to remove Magix Connect or turn off the pop-up announcements. Magix Connect has several uses, one of which is to advise users of updates, special offers, discount coupon codes, etc. Rather than removing Magix Connect, you can simply disable all of the products for which you don't want to receive any news. Then, do not ever complain that you were not advised about an update/upgrade, special offer or coupon code.

Another use of Magix Connect is to allow cloud computing. This is a feature in programs like Movie Edit Pro and VPX. I don't know about Video Easy.

I usually get a popup when I turn on my computer. If it's interesting, I open it, if not, I don't. This takes a grand total of 2 seconds, so I don't see how this can be annoying to the extent that you state.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

d-f wrote on 5/15/2019, 10:36 PM

So put up with it. I choose to not. I have no problem paying for software. If I got it free I can see where they have the right to pop adverts at me but not when I have purchased it.

In any case, all their software is now off all our computers. Like it or lump it and do what ever you wish as will I.

browj2 wrote on 5/16/2019, 8:14 AM

So put up with it. I choose to not. I have no problem paying for software. If I got it free I can see where they have the right to pop adverts at me but not when I have purchased it.

@d-f

No, I said to turn it off if you don't want pop-up notices. Some of us want the notices.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

t-scott wrote on 12/10/2019, 11:52 AM

Put me down as one of the people who resent getting advertisements from Magix when I have PAID for the software. I was amused that in another thread, apparently the posters were too "emphatic", their posts removed and the thread closed. But the issue they were complaining about was not addressed by the company.

On top of that Update Notifier does not exactly give a strong feeling of professionalism or software expertise. When it comes up it's in German, even though all my installations are in English. I can't change the Language to English even though there is a control for that. Thanks to the person above, I changed it to a different Language and THEN to English, which partially worked. The legends in the top window were now in English EXCEPT for the top control which remained in German. Then, if you go the the Info Channels window, it it STILL in German.

Anyway, I set the Sound Forge item to disabled and will see if that fixes the problem during next reboot.

Alan-Emsley wrote on 12/25/2020, 7:57 AM

STOP THE NAGS, MAGIX. !!

James-Young wrote on 5/22/2021, 12:48 AM

I am also very upset that now I have installed Sound Forge I am get Magix pop-up ads when I log into my computer.

I see no way to turn them off being provided too. I will not buy a new product from Magix at this point. Also I see no formal way to ask a support person a Magix how to do this. Who in the world would do this in the first place. Someone should have realized users would not like this.

One method to get someone at Magix to deal with this issue is to go post comments at Sweetwater.com under the Magix software they sell there. Could also try and find a person at Sweetwater and tell them to stop selling the products from Magix because of this; sure Magix folks would like that.

So I hope someone a Magix see this and decides the company must deal with this issue they created. So you have good software but a hate getting unwanted pop-up ads showing up that I can simply turn off forever.

Hope to hear back from someone at Magix thru email or I will do the above.

emmrecs wrote on 5/22/2021, 3:39 AM

@James-Young

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff. Hence no-one is going to reply to you via email, sorry.

If you read the whole of this thread you will find exactly how to uninstall and remove the app that creates these pop-ups.

Also, there is little point in threatening to post adverse comments or similar to Sweetwater. I doubt very much whether that will stop Sweetwater from selling Magix products because those products clearly benefit their (Sweetwater's) bottom line!

Speaking in an entirely personal capacity now, at most I see one pop-up per day on first boot of my computer. I do not find this at all "intrusive"; indeed, I find it quite useful to be able to keep up with what products etc. Magix is currently offering, even if any one of them is not particularly interesting or relevant to me.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Gene-Taylor wrote on 6/29/2021, 5:25 PM

I find the pop up to upgrade annoying… especially after I paid for an upgrade and three weeks later a new upgrade came out and now I’m constantly reminded how stupid I was for wasting my money. Support basically said, sorry… buy the latest, newest upgrade… or not. I’ve had Sound Forge for years. This is the last one.

Wesley-Derbyshire wrote on 3/7/2022, 11:14 AM

Magix is not so magical after all.. the current "discounted" upgraded price for Sound Forge Pro is now the regular price $199 US instead of $99 US as it has been in the past. Inflation - I think not. Glad there is a solution to remove the nagging pop-ups. They have just TOTALLY lost me after using this software for years. Bad karma to nag and then rip us off for an upgrade price.