A PLEA FROM THE PROFESSIONAL AUDIO COMMUNITY

FeatherlightStudio wrote on 2/16/2017, 2:06 AM

This all looks rather dismal around here as to the future of Sound Forge Mac and that is very disappointing to the many full time rooms like ours that not only use SFM daily, but depend on it for production deadlines.

"Magix" Please don't the let the infrequency of posts from contributors like us fool you into to thinking that it's user base has dwindled. That is simply not the case, we are simply actively making a living with it and don't often have time to post to forums like these. In the over 45 post/Mix rooms we deal with directly, and the many hundreds indirectly, all of them use this product literally round the clock on Mac based systems.

Steven Hartwell / Owner
Featherlight Studio
www.featherlightstudio.com

Comments

cybercom wrote on 2/26/2017, 12:15 PM

Steven,

Considering that the last communication of any sort from Magix was 23 Aug 16, I don't think the lack of posts from contributors has anything to do with the dismal future of SFM.

"Sound Forge has encountered an unexpected error."

chris-w18 wrote on 3/19/2017, 8:24 AM

The infrequency of posts is due to Magix' lack of support and response. It appears Magix bought Sound Forge to bury it behind inferior editing software that Magix previously owned.

johnebaker wrote on 3/19/2017, 9:26 AM

@ Chris-w18

This is a user forum not a Magix support forum, and is open for personal opinions providing you 'keep your comments factual and objective' ie within the Community rules.

Unsubstantiated comments such as the above are not helpful to other users.

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

chris-w18 wrote on 3/19/2017, 9:36 AM

Thank you. The messenger accepts the bullet.

cybercom wrote on 3/21/2017, 8:44 PM

@Johnebaker:

How is it that you are a moderator of this "user forum" but "...do not use Sound Forge???" (johnebaker wrote on 02/19/2017, 02:52 PM)

Since this is apparently the wrong place, please provide a link to a Magix Sound Forge Mac support forum that will be read/responded to by Magix people responsible for the product so those of us who are requesting support/features/information about this product can be addressing our posts to the appropriate location and not wasting our time posting here with the other frustrated users (yourself excluded).

Thank you.

johnebaker wrote on 3/22/2017, 2:02 AM

@cybercom

. . . . How is it that you are a moderator of this "user forum" but "...do not use Sound Forge???" . . .

See this article on the role of a forum moderator and the Community rules linked to in my post above.

. . . . Re your above comment '. . . . do not use Sound Forge' . . . .

A moderator does not have to be, nor is it practical to be, an expert in every piece of software that is covered by a forum.  

. . . .  Magix Sound Forge Mac support forum that will be read/responded to by Magix people responsible for the product  . . . .

You will have to contact support at magix.com for their view on this.

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/22/2017, 2:02 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 3/31/2017, 8:21 AM

@FeatherlightStudio We know that there are a lot of users who want to have a new version of SOUND FORGE. This is why we decided to keep developing. We just announced a release date: https://www.magix.info/de/forum/release-date-sound-forge-pro-mac-3--1188494/

Thank you for your enthusiasm!

@cybercom John is right. This forum is a user forum and almost every moderator has personal experiences and knowledge about MAGIX products but

1. you can't know every MAGIX product by heart and

2. they are not MAGIX employees and they don't know every internal decision (only if we decide to share them).

For the future I'm happy to help you out as far as I can. You can tag me with "@[nickname]", write me a personal message, contact our support (as John mentioned) or you ask our moderators kindly to make contact with MAGIX.

Best regards,
Mathias

FeatherlightStudio wrote on 3/31/2017, 2:21 PM

Great to hear this news on continued development of Sound Forge Pro Mac!

http://magazine.magix.com/en/sound-forge/

It appears from the article that the feature set will continue to include/support the Izotope powered Mastering effects and Restoration suite that is one of the most useful features in the program. I hope this is the case but we will have to wait to see what the new version includes.

Would love to see included support for more Pro formats like DDP authoring and streaming previewing, hopeful!

Steven Hartwell / Owner
Featherlight Studio
www.featherlightstudio.com

TLMuse wrote on 6/23/2017, 11:50 PM

Speaking for myself (but I suspect others as well), I have a bunch of plug-ins (including full versions of the iZotope Elements plug-ins added to SF), and I would rather see my purchase and upgrade payments going into the SF app itself, not into licenses for 3rd-party products that I don't need. If there is a significant audience for those, I would prefer to see those features as paid add-ons. Anyone who already has such plug-ins is basically paying twice for them.

FeatherlightStudio wrote on 6/26/2017, 2:06 PM

We are in the same boat here as well, as we already own full versions of most of the apparently included plugins.

At this point, we are much more concerned and interested in the stability of the program and how it works on the Mac platform including Sierra under real world conditions. New or rebranded plugins makes no difference if the performance hasn't improved dramatically as we are still dealing with 45 seconds-minutes of loading time for effects and wave files with the old version.

gbfaulkner wrote on 12/6/2017, 12:07 PM

I'm in agreement with TLMuse and FaetherlightStudio on this point. I had already purchased the iZotope plugins, so didn't need them. What exactly did the Pro 3 upgrade I bought get me that I didn't have already? Stability would be top of my list. I love SF and cannot function without it, so thanks for keeping it alive on the Mac. Feel free to contact the power users next time you are discussing any patches or fixes. We are ready to give you feedback.

TLMuse wrote on 12/6/2017, 1:05 PM

@gbfaulkner: I'm pretty sure Magix mostly ignores this forum; it's for user community members to communicate with each other. If you want to provide feedback to Magix, my guess is that the best channel is Customer Service via the support site:

https://support2.magix.com/customer/index.php

browj2 wrote on 12/6/2017, 1:13 PM

@gbfaulkner: I'm pretty sure Magix mostly ignores this forum; it's for user community members to communicate with each other. If you want to provide feedback to Magix, my guess is that the best channel is Customer Service via the support site:

https://support2.magix.com/customer/index.php

Hi,

Actually, if you scroll up a few replies, you will see the one from MAGIX_Redaktion. Mathius regularly watches these forums and you can find many replies by him. But yes, the best is to raise a ticket with Magix.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

TLMuse wrote on 12/6/2017, 1:29 PM

@browj2: Yes, he's replied to me in another thread (in regard to how I could purchase an upgrade). That said, there's been no response to questions as trivial as: How many installations does the license allow? Most threads have no Magix participation at all. The strong impression is that the forum is not meant as a channel for communicating with Magix.

browj2 wrote on 12/6/2017, 2:48 PM

@TLMuse

You are right, the forum is not meant as a channel for communicating with Magix. It is a user forum.

As for the number of computers, normally Magix allows two simultaneous activations. However, as this program is new to Magix and does not seem to follow the same process as most other Magix software, then you probably have 5 installations before you will be told that you have exceeded the number of eligible installations. The next version will probably be under the normal process that limits you to 2 activations and if you want to use another computer, you simply deactivate one, and activate the other. As far as the Mac version goes, you will likely not get any reply because most users here are on Windows.

Did you check the Eula (if you can find it)?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

TLMuse wrote on 12/6/2017, 3:44 PM

"Did you check the Eula (if you can find it)?" — As noted in the thread on this topic, no one has been able to find this discussed anywhere, in the app documentation or on Magix.com. And no one from Magix has offered clarification in the forum.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 12/8/2017, 5:27 AM

@gbfaulkner We have quite a good beta team assembled (which you also can join, just write me a pm and tell me about your experience with the software)

@TLMuse You can always write me and I forward your feedback to the product team.

I will check how many number of installations are available/allowed. I'll get back to you.😉

I'm trying my best to communicate with the users in all of our communities and obviously I have a lot work to do behind the curtains which the users are not aware of. Regardless, the statement of @browj2 is still true: this is a user forum.