"Acid Pro 10.0 has stopped working"

Torrey-Zimmerman wrote on 11/21/2020, 2:03 PM

When I first launch Acid Pro 10, I typically receive an error screen. It contains the following information:

Extra Information
   File:                C:\Users\torre\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\10.0\dx_grovel_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\torre\Documents\ACID Pro Projects\LBP_EPOSODES-ACID PRO\LBPodcast_Episode4_112220_Happy Holidays.acd-bak

Problem Description
   Application Name:    ACID Pro 10.0
   Application Version: Version 10.0.4 (Build 29)
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 10.0\sfvstwrap.dll
   Fault Address:       0x000000000CC63C1D
   Fault Offset:        0x0000000000203C1D

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 10.0\acidpro.exe
   Process Version:     Version 10.0.4 (Build 29)
   Process Description: ACID Pro 10.0
   Process Image Date:  2020-10-29 (Thu Oct 29) 16:00:18

After I clear the error screen and attempt to re-launch Acid Pro, the application will launch. But it does so with a blank project--not the last one I had open.

Is there a fix for this? Any assistance you can provide will be very much appreciated!

Comments

AmanSingh wrote on 11/21/2020, 5:45 PM

When I first launch Acid Pro 10, I typically receive an error screen. It contains the following information:

Extra Information
   File:                C:\Users\torre\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\10.0\dx_grovel_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\torre\Documents\ACID Pro Projects\LBP_EPOSODES-ACID PRO\LBPodcast_Episode4_112220_Happy Holidays.acd-bak

Problem Description
   Application Name:    ACID Pro 10.0
   Application Version: Version 10.0.4 (Build 29)
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 10.0\sfvstwrap.dll
   Fault Address:       0x000000000CC63C1D
   Fault Offset:        0x0000000000203C1D

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 10.0\acidpro.exe
   Process Version:     Version 10.0.4 (Build 29)
   Process Description: ACID Pro 10.0
   Process Image Date:  2020-10-29 (Thu Oct 29) 16:00:18

After I clear the error screen and attempt to re-launch Acid Pro, the application will launch. But it does so with a blank project--not the last one I had open.

Is there a fix for this? Any assistance you can provide will be very much appreciated!

It could be that there is a plugin you are using in that project that Acid is conflicting with. When you are opening the project, Acid plays along but as soon as the part comes when the plugin is being used, Acid gives up. At least that is my guess. I too have a lot of 3rd party plugins which Acid comes un-glued with. In my case, I actually have turned off "open last project" in preference so it will at least open without these crash errors.

Edit: Once the project is re-openend, remove any major 3rd party plugins. If this is the case. If the plugin or a synth is not the culprit here, I am not sure. The only reason I think its a 3rd party plugin or synth is because in the error, I see "sfvstwrap". Just my guess. I hope it helps.

Torrey-Zimmerman wrote on 11/22/2020, 9:13 AM

Thanks so much for your help. I was able to trouble-shoot some of the plugins. And ultimately, I needed to Scan/Force rebuild the plugins, via the plugin manager. Now, Acid Pro seems to launch without error. I really appreciate your time!!!

AmanSingh wrote on 11/22/2020, 10:30 AM

Thanks so much for your help. I was able to trouble-shoot some of the plugins. And ultimately, I needed to Scan/Force rebuild the plugins, via the plugin manager. Now, Acid Pro seems to launch without error. I really appreciate your time!!!

Glad to hear. Acid Pro is great if it works! Have fun

LooneyBinJim wrote on 11/25/2020, 1:52 PM

Omg it works?

What were the plugins you removed ?did you add any back?if so can you share it would be cool...

Stephen-Hutchinson wrote on 11/28/2020, 12:09 PM

Since installing the latest update a few weeks ago, I can't open any projects made in ACID Pro 10 by double-clicking on the "acd.zip" file. Today I have dedicated some time to figure out why this is the case and having read this thread, I tried doing this "Scan/Force rebuild the plugins" suggestion, but to no avail. I just get the "ACID Pro 10.0 has stopped working" message over and over again. I get that message a lot when working with projects, and none of the updates have been of any help with the still constant random crashing of ACID while working in the middle of a project. After reading some other suggestions I have now tried opening the ACID 10 project in ACID Pro 9, but it's not compatible.

As a last ditch resort, I opened up ACID PRO 10 empty and then did File > Open and tried to load my project... that at least has worked but the program will still crash during working mid-project.

So at this point, after having tried several reboots, and seeing if that will fix the constant crashing, I've decided that upgrading to ACID Pro 10 was a huge mistake. So was 9.0 and 8.0 The last version that actually worked was 7.0 (which I still have a copy of thankfully.. but can't open newer projects with).

I am now faced with the daunting task of having to try and export all the individual tracks from each of my ACID 10 project files (Render As > Save each track as a separate file) and bring them into Ableton Live Suite. I tried Ableton Live Lite for a month and was so impressed at how much more modern and crash free it was (on both PC and Mac) that I bought the full Ableton Live Suite.

I've used ACID Pro since ACID Music came out in 1999/2000. This is it for me. 20 years later, I'm done with ACID as a DAW. I've created hundreds of projects over the last couple decades and little by little I'll have to port over the tracks from each of the best mixes I've created, and note the plugins used. It is going to be a difficult journey, but constantly paying for upgrades for a software in hopes that the crashing will be fixed is just a pipe dream. It is such a pain in the ass to use that it is no longer a viable avenue of music creation. I just hope I can salvage the work I've already done in ACID, export all my tracks out, and be done with the current iteration of ACID for good.