Acid Pro 10 - Can you Turn Off Loops Auto Drawing at Beginning of Song

Cyphruss wrote on 7/27/2020, 9:24 PM

In Acid Pro 8, when you double click a loop, it creates a track...the track is blank, and then you can draw in a loop anywhere in your song.

On Acid Pro 9 & 10, when you double click a loop, it creates a track, and it automatically adds the full loop at the beginning of the track. This is very annoying and time consuming because I shouldn't have to manually delete a loop that automatically appears each time I want to add a new loop to my song. If I'm focused on adding content minutes into my song, I shouldn't have to keep going back to the beginning to delete stuff I don't want.

Is there a way to turn this off? I was thinking about buying Acid 10, but I don't want to if this isn't an option. Thank you.

Comments

Cyphruss wrote on 7/28/2020, 10:28 PM

bump

Matt-Francis wrote on 7/29/2020, 4:33 AM

I hate it too. It's been mentioned in other threads but I don't know if any developers read these comments and are aware of it. They don't reply often so it's hard to tell if they know or not. There was a social media manager on here about two years ago but I haven't seen him since.

Cyphruss wrote on 7/29/2020, 10:06 AM

Matt, Thanks for providing some insight. I appreciate it.

I was a long time user of Acid Pro 7 despite Sony giving up on it, and I was so happy when Acid Pro 8 came out, so we could have 64-bit support. I had no idea that Magix has inadvertently "Added the feature" of the auto-drawing of loops once selected for the last 2 versions.

I was hoping there was a way to just turn it off. It's definitely a design flaw. "Audio" should not forcibly be added to a song when all you want to do is double-click a loop, add a track, then draw the audio where you want to.

Grambler wrote on 8/1/2020, 9:09 PM

Co-signing this request! As it stands, this is actually one of the «bugs» I am most annoyed with right now in Acid Pro 10.