Acid Pro 10 rendering audio crash problem

j-s wrote on 5/26/2024, 3:29 AM

Is there a fix or workaround or an audio engine reset button that can solve the complete crash of the DAW after trying to render audio? Am I missing something or should trying to render an audio file from the DAW not completely crash it?

It has been in a frozen screen now for over 12 hours no amount of pressing a cancel button, or trying to close the DAW will do anything !

Real time render seems to work without this problem. Thanks in advance.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/26/2024, 4:54 AM

@j-s Are you using VST plugins? It may be possible to get Acid running more stable by using a VST chainer like Waves Studio Rack. This is a free plugin. You load it first and then load other plugins inside it. With this you can circumvent Acid's buggy VST implementation.

To my knowledge Studio Rack can only load VST3 effect plugins. If you want to use instrument plugins or VST2 plugins you need a different chainer like DDMF Metaplugin, Plogue Bidule etc.

j-s wrote on 5/26/2024, 5:38 AM

Thanks for reply, No, I have solved that problem, drag and drop plugin on channel, to reopen vst box, click on small icon on the end of the channel audio. better solution for me than using studio rack.

This problem is the daw crashing when trying to render an audio file not using the real time render function, normal audio render?

j-s wrote on 5/26/2024, 5:46 AM

I have tried using waves studio rack, for some reason it has a very limited selection of plug ins, only about 6 or 7 developers can be loaded onto it? all the big ones, smaller developers don't show up , vst3 included.

on a happier note, I got midi recording working decently.

SP. wrote on 5/26/2024, 2:49 PM

@j-s Have you re-scanned the VST paths inside Studio Rack?

You need to troubleshoot your project export crashes step by step to find the cause. Does it happen with every project? Does it happen with a new project which only has audio loops or MIDI loops? Does it happen after you use a single VST effect? Does is happen after you insert a specific VST effect?

Ken-Ekool wrote on 6/5/2024, 8:59 PM

I'm trying to burn a DAO cd, but when I go to the tools drop down menu, only TAO is highlighted, but not the DAO tab.

I need to create a master disc with each track separate for mass replication. What to do?

SP. wrote on 6/6/2024, 3:03 AM

@Ken-Ekool Make sure you export all tracks as WAV files and add all tracks into a new project, not separate projects. Then burn the new project.

j-s wrote on 6/8/2024, 6:49 AM

Ken Ekool - you will need to add red book data to the file first.