Acid Pro 11 Playback stutters, playback is 40% normal speed

DJ_Leo wrote on 4/7/2024, 7:58 PM

Acid takes 1-2 minutes to load. Playback controls are delayed 10 seconds when I press play or stop; the playhead freezes, then "catches up"; audio playback is super slow & jittery--about 40% normal speed. Program was working just fine previously, now the program is useless. Any suggestions?

(Tried different audio devices; increased audio buffers, cannot increase the audio playback buffer (greyed out).

Acid Pro v. 11.0.2.21

2024 Strix Scar

Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 OS build    22631.3296

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900HX   2.20 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.6 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Audio Interface Arturia Audiofuse REV 2

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/8/2024, 2:20 AM

@DJ_Leo I suggest you reset the program settings. Hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the Acid shortcut icon to start the program. Keep holding CTRL and SHIFT until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the program settings and delete the cache. Do this and test again, if the program now runs fine again.

DJ_Leo wrote on 4/23/2024, 10:55 PM

@DJ_Leo I suggest you reset the program settings. Hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the Acid shortcut icon to start the program. Keep holding CTRL and SHIFT until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the program settings and delete the cache. Do this and test again, if the program now runs fine again.

Thank you. That fixed the tempo issue; the other issues persist. (Playback controls are delayed when start/stop is pressed; playback "stutters"; playback does not stop once started or program "white screens." I uninstalled & re-installed, same playback issues. Any other ideas? Roll back to an earlier version?

SP. wrote on 4/24/2024, 1:58 AM

@DJ_Leo Uninstalling and reinstalling does usually nothing. It's better to try something like restarting the computer regularly via the Restart option and not the Shut down option, in case you never do that. That will re-initialize also drivers. Next, check energy saving options in your Windows settings and disable them, especially USB energy suspend. Try unplugging your interface for a minute. Maybe it's in a unstable state.

If this doesn't help, make sure that the audio drivers are configured correctly. I world recommend to use the ASIO driver for your interface in the Acid program preferences.