ACID PRO 12!!! NEW FEATURE REQUEST!!..

DyReck411 wrote on 6/10/2023, 1:53 PM

ACID PRO 12!!! NEW FEATURE REQUEST!!..

Whats up I was wondering what new features would you want ACID PRO 12 to have ??..As for me I want a better looking GUI for Acids audio plugins and effects..There still using the same old school Sony look from like 2007 Lol..Come on man..And the Morph Pads was a good idea but the effects just sound bland..They need to updated those sounds..I also would like for the chopper to be real time, when I click "insert selection" or trigger it with a midi controller I want that section to appear immediately on the track with NO LATENCY..The software Beat Cleaver has like no latency and it came out like 10 years ago..Also if I bring a video file into a project I would like the ability to slice and rearrange it around my project like I can with an audio file.. And I would like a fade in video and fade out with video..They don't have to give it all the features they do in Vegas Pro but at least a slice and a fade in and out..

And also just make Acid Pro MORE STABLE! so it doesn't crash all the time..Magix got so many daws sometimes I think its hard for them to just concentrate on one..The have Acid, Vegas, Samplitude, Music Maker, Sound Forge..most other software companies just have one Lol..But those would be my request for ACID PRO 12!!..WHAT WOULD BE YOUR REQUEST ??

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/10/2023, 2:55 PM

@DyReck411 

Magix got so many daws sometimes I think its hard for them to just concentrate on one

They sadly stopped ACID development in 2020. They only released maybe two or three bug fixes since then. I don't think there will be "real" new version from Magix. There might be a new one with new plugins like the release of ACID 11 + Brainworx, which had no new features other than VST plugins.

JC-in-LA wrote on 6/12/2023, 6:14 PM

And also just make Acid Pro MORE STABLE! so it doesn't crash all the time..

I don't care if Acid Pro's interface/graphics looks like it came from 1992. I just want Acid Pro to be stable. I would be willing to pay for a stable version even if it looked like Windows 95. Acid Pro crashes all the time if I use any plugins. Even the plugins that came with the Acid bundle (such as Essential FX) crashes the program. The only way to use Acid Pro without crashing is when I use Waves Studio Rack to load all my plugins. Ridiculous. If Acid Pro can just be stable for once, I would use it no matter how ugly it looks.

GRB wrote on 6/14/2023, 8:14 PM

@DyReck411 

Magix got so many daws sometimes I think its hard for them to just concentrate on one

They sadly stopped ACID development in 2020. They only released maybe two or three bug fixes since then. I don't think there will be "real" new version from Magix. There might be a new one with new plugins like the release of ACID 11 + Brainworx, which had no new features other than VST plugins.

Oh No, is this still the case? I wasn't aware of it being dropped from development.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed: ACID PRO 10, Samplitude Pro X5, Music Maker Premium '23(24), Sound Forge Pro 15, Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab 4.... Current System: Lenovo ideacentre 300S, 64bit, Intel i5 2.9 quad core, 16gb ram, upgraded Crucial 1TB SSD, running Win 10 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

GRB wrote on 6/15/2023, 9:34 PM

Taking a step of faith..... upgraded to AP11 ! ! ! :)

Magix Installed: ACID PRO 10, Samplitude Pro X5, Music Maker Premium '23(24), Sound Forge Pro 15, Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab 4.... Current System: Lenovo ideacentre 300S, 64bit, Intel i5 2.9 quad core, 16gb ram, upgraded Crucial 1TB SSD, running Win 10 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

DannyNYC wrote on 6/17/2023, 12:14 PM

@GRB you certainly don't mean Acid Pro 11, do you? It's nothing different with the exception of the spash screen. Add 2 or 3 track vst fx and BAM there goes your work. Unless of course, you save after every single keystroke. And if you try and use the "suggested" restored version, you are only restoring what made it crash in the first place. Let Acid die. Finally. I don't say this lightly as I've produced and released at least 5 tracks using it. Those 5 probably would have been 10 or 15 had I spent all that time trying to fix and get my stuff back from acid crashing had I been using that time to finally learn a proper DAW instead of being so lazy and sticking wth Acid bec it was so much easier to use than anything else. Reaper seems to have no problems doing the exact same thing Acid is supposed to do, flawlessly. I will be sorry to see it go, but so long as I can hang on to Sound Forge, I'll be ok. Please Magix, leave Sound Forge alone.

DyReck411 wrote on 6/19/2023, 11:09 AM

I hope they don't discontinue Acid..Even if they put its features in Vegas Pro I'll be happy.. Like the paint tool, BPM, and the ability to add midi tracks..Vegas does not crash no where near as much as Acid..And I feel you DannyNYC on learning a new daw..I learned Ableton and its pretty cool..Its like 2 daws in one..You have your clip launching workflow that makes it feel more like a MPC style sampler and you have your regular linear daw workflow..So when using it I don't even feel like im on a daw sometimes.

Air wrote on 6/19/2023, 12:46 PM

@DyReck411 @GRB @DannyNYC. The very best thing that could happen to AP is for it to be sold to a company that is willing and able to develop & support it. After AP was reworked as a 64 bit program is when ALL these problems started. Sadly, they never put the proper effort into fixing the program. Their only objective was to make as much money off of this program as possible. In all fairness they did invest a considerable amount of money when they acquired Vegas, DVD Arch, Sound Forge, CD Arch & Acid from Sony (who acquired it from Sonic Foundry the original developer). So now we have a program that is a complete mess with no hope of ever being fixed properly. What to do??? Danny, I see you moved on to "a poormans Protools" Reaper. In the end that is what most people will do, move on. I gave up on AP and only use it to retrieve old files. I do follow this forum a bit and when I saw greg was thinking about upgrading to AP11 I really want to speak up and warn you not to waste your money..but alas. Good luck to you all in your creative efforts. Cheers

Former user wrote on 6/24/2023, 10:25 AM

MAGIX Should have offered deep crossgrade discounts to Samplitude Pro X in lieu of releasing ACID Pro 8 and moved as many users as possible over to that product, IMHO.

Those Sony products likely were not expensive acquisitions, considering most of them had been out of development for a decade by the time MAGIX acquired them. The only one that was still seeing development was VEGAS Pro - and not even that much, it was mostly just "maintenance" upgrades.

All of them share a lot of code, so it was probably a package deal de facto due to the IP tied up in and used across all of those products.

The best product that they acquired was SpectraLayers, but they sold that one to Steinberg. So, I don't even think MAGIX has a decent plan beyond "adding stores and services and monetizing via subscriptions and in-app purchases."

Phalen wrote on 6/27/2023, 11:38 PM

Man. Y'all are rough and *******...

Add 2 or 3 track vst fx and BAM there goes your work. Unless of course, you save after every single keystroke. And if you try and use the "suggested" restored version, you are only restoring what made it crash in the first place.

This is patently untrue. I have worked on dozens of professional projects that were entirely conceived and/or mixed in Acid. Running through dozens of third party FX plugins simultaneously. It sounds like you have an issue with what your computer is capable of. And maybe you're misunderstanding what Acid is. An .acd file is just a series of instructions that tells your soundcard when to play a .wav and when to apply FX envelopes. It doesn't have any "power" over what will overload your system. Its simplicity is what makes it a useful editing/composition tool.

Finally. I don't say this lightly as I've produced and released at least 5 tracks using it.

This is not a lot of experience. I don't say that lightly, as I've been using the program for decades now.

Those 5 probably would have been 10 or 15 had I spent all that time trying to fix and get my stuff back from acid crashing had I been using that time to finally learn a proper DAW instead of being so lazy

Are you saying you would have written *15* songs if Acid hadn't gotten in your way?

Anyway, I'm a little confused here: you don't (can't?) lose recordings when Acid crashes... They are saved to the folder you specify in your Project Audio Properties. They're not part of the .acd projects.

blake-fast wrote on 7/14/2023, 1:07 PM

@ phalen

This is patently untrue ? what do you think most of the people on here have problem with ? they all cannot have computer problems i run three other daws in my studio and the only one that has issues had had to stop accepting mix jobs if the song file is in acid i ask people to bring stems and most of the stems have crackles and pops on them . have 128gb of ram installed and a track in acid using 132mb out of 128000mb available strarts to splutter stutter and grind to a standstill it doesnt handle plugins well vst instrument s and it allso has problems with the way it handles midi sometime the quantise even fails to work just running large chords layered over few tracks causes problems before inevitably crashing resulting in files that are corrupt and cannot be opened, many times even when a track has been closed down and saved successfully when it is reopened all the plugins have lost all their settings and many hours of painstaking work done in melodyne has dissapeared empty gone it is so unstable even the dedicated efx plugins that come with acid crash it is very very very unstable. At mix time as the song file becomes larger due effects etc being added i have been unable to finish tracks bescase the track will just not play without crackles stutters and pops it has major issues and currently there is no sign that they are being addressed

Air wrote on 7/15/2023, 8:50 AM

@blake-fast Hear Hear !

guitacid wrote on 7/30/2023, 5:17 PM

If Magix are no longer going to develop Acid they should sell it off to someone who will. Like Sonic Foundry to Sony then Sony to Magix. For my uses Acid is a cool program for making demos.

Steve_GothAngel_ wrote on 8/30/2023, 7:34 AM

And also just make Acid Pro MORE STABLE! so it doesn't crash all the time..

I don't care if Acid Pro's interface/graphics looks like it came from 1992. I just want Acid Pro to be stable. I would be willing to pay for a stable version even if it looked like Windows 95. Acid Pro crashes all the time if I use any plugins. Even the plugins that came with the Acid bundle (such as Essential FX) crashes the program. The only way to use Acid Pro without crashing is when I use Waves Studio Rack to load all my plugins. Ridiculous. If Acid Pro can just be stable for once, I would use it no matter how ugly it looks.

...Yes, stability is the first point, no doubt... and yet we have to face that AP needs serious addressing/fixing in many areas, plus we must admit it looks TOO outdated, especially when put side by side with its modern competitors..!...

The point being, AP has been left behind these days by EVERY other DAWs' modern graphic appeal, issue which certainly doesn't take in new potential customers... and ya see, without newcomers, what future can we guess...?

The working environment counts a lot, and the look (the GUI) is part of the working studio in itself. It can't be overlooked.

No need for dramatic changes, sure, especially for the nice ACID workflow approach and feel, but the overall Gui DOES need refinements and revamping. That would help a lot to bring in new users, who don't get attracted by the frankly (too) old "working room"...

Stability (first) and a more modern GUI appeal, in my opinion, are mandatory, and would help, a LOT......

Best regards. Steve.

Steve_GothAngel_ wrote on 8/30/2023, 7:44 AM

@ phalen

This is patently untrue..? ...what do you think most of the people on here have problem with ? they all cannot have computer problems...

...many times even when a track has been closed down and saved successfully when it is reopened all the plugins have lost all their settings ....

@blake-fast

...yes, you are right, the one above, among others, is truly serious issue, which is actually preventing me to finish ANY project I started in ACID (11)...

...and surely cannot have anything to do with Computer/System specifics and requirements...

It's just all about software bugs...

SP. wrote on 9/15/2023, 3:36 PM

@GRB One programmer is going to cost them at least 100.000 Euros per year (salary + social security + development software licenses + hardware). They would need to sell a lot of licenses for this.

GRB wrote on 9/15/2023, 4:09 PM

@GRB One programmer is going to cost them at least 100.000 Euros per year (salary + social security + development software licenses + hardware). They would need to sell a lot of licenses for this.

I understand if it was a full time employee or group (even then, why not do 80/20 splits of a teams time in house to allow for some kind of evolution to ACID?), but thats why I was hinting at farming out some work, to a private group (like Mixbus does with Ardour), or even a volunteer person or small group under disclosure agreement... give them recognition in credits and social media awards for their work.. it works to everyone's advantage! I don't know about current practice, but in years past I think some of the prior mentioned daw companies used some kind of "help" .... to keep up... and improve... without the $100k salary. I could swear I read years ago about that practice. Is it possible that even some of the BIG names do it too? Maybe.

Just some random thoughts... that don't seem too unrealistic to me....

Air wrote on 9/15/2023, 9:05 PM

@GRB greg, greg greg, this program is dead. Magix has DAWs that they view as more important and profitable, i.e. Samlitude & Sequoia. They have Vegas Pro and Sound Forge which are also profitable. Since they changed AP to 64bit it's been a disaster, This (Acid Pro) for lack of a better term is the 'red headed step child'. If they don't invest any money for development and just add bloatware and call it a 'new version' it will be a small source of revenue with no investment. easz peezy. If not for Producer Planet I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinued AP altogether. Just look around this forum, there's nothing happening except users bemoaning all the problems with this DAW. Other forums I go to have users exchanging ideas on how to do creative things in their DAW's. Sadly my friend it may be time to move on from this software. I've seen loads of users fed up and for better DAWS. Truly, all the best in your creative journey. Cheers

GRB wrote on 9/16/2023, 12:21 AM

@Air Thanks for trying to steer me in safe direction, I do appreciate that. I'm not too dependent or stuck to AP, Magix for that matter, I own way too many daws and I generally like them all in ways, but I do see something unique in AP, it works very well when its working, easy to learn, quick to build upon in use, and has such history (a following to be gathered back it sounds).... I also have seen too many good/great daws go away with neglect and/or sell outs..... Ignite by Air Instruments, Sonar by Cakewalk, Music Creator by Cakewalk, Sequel by Steinberg to name a few I thought were great for a certain marketshare/potential. Hoping that Presonus Studio One doesn't meet some kind of like fate since Fender bought them out..... Or Harrison Mixbus as it just merged with SSL I think. I hate to see the same happening with such a cool software like Acid Pro. In short, I like AP vibe and its fun to learn/use. It could be a serious marketshare daw (once again) with a little TLC I think.

Last changed by GRB on 9/16/2023, 1:17 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Air wrote on 9/16/2023, 9:07 AM

@GRB I couldn't agree more ! This (AP) could have been a great DAW. I was attracted to for the same reasons, though I never did loops but it's midi functions were wonderful. To quote Marlon Brando in 'On the Water Front' "I (it) could have been a contender!" All the best to you.

GRB wrote on 9/16/2023, 12:28 PM

I agree, even though I'm not an old user from "ago" times, I find its strengths and nostalgia very worthy of progress and evolution....

That said, I wonder how many that are still using and producing with it are using old version 6,7,8 or newer 9,10,11? Is that the catch?

Also wonder if considering Magix newer more focused on programs (more modern Music Maker, Samplitude, etc) if Acid Music Studio 11 fits in there somehow better with attention, updates, and still "on the table"..... ? Is it going to get more attention and updates with evolution of features? I see it all over the internet, even at Best Buy and other bigger stores, so maybe AMS11 is more on the "radar" for Magix.. just saying...

I'll post a new AMS11 question in Forum to find out from users what the update and fixes have been like out of curiosity and consideration....

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/acid-music-studio-11-users-feedback-and-info--1329508/

Last changed by GRB on 9/16/2023, 12:41 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

GRB wrote on 9/27/2023, 8:57 PM

I'm getting great support help from Magix not only on my Acid Pro 10 issues, but also Acid Music Studio 11 (related), and a handful of general installation an instrument authorizing errors in my various Magix programs I keep (they very well may all be related to installer/uninstaller corruption of current or previous products).

Very friendly and helpful Customer Support, I can't complain! Lots of emails back and forth, but feel they are all described well and make sense.... moving towards possible resolution!

I will update when I reach a few milestones on fixes!

I'm giving 5 stars to my Support ticket so far with honest, passionate, detail oriented care to get to the bottom and process of elimination!

Wanted to give Credit where Credit is Due! ! ! !

I appreciate the attention given to me thus far regardless of no "happy magic bullet fixes".... yet! :)

GRB wrote on 9/29/2023, 1:12 PM

Update:

Bit of Balance to the majority of Negative/Unhappy/Critical comments on Acid (and/or Magix).

With Magix support help... and lots of time spent by my own decision to do things from the cleanest slate as possible.... I was able to get Acid Music Studio 11 loaded, updated, and all of my instruments, soundpools, etc up and running without errors upon installation, activation, and licensing (program and instruments). It appears to be a clean working reboot! I carried on carefully after that was finalized and verified to load some of the other Magix products I own and want to use. Carefully and Logically are key points here, especially in consideration on process of elimination to errors and causes.

I won't, and couldn't do it justice, by going into detail here.... too much info to try to explain...

...BUT, I do recommend creating a support ticket, waiting to be helped, and patiently (kindly) work with support, listen to what they say, and try to honestly and elaborately communicate your issues and your view to them (what you do or don't want to do, comfortable in doing, unsure on how to do, concerns, etc)....

For the record here, in clarity, I am for now deciding to "not" reload my Acid Pro 10 Suite... not because I was told not to...but because I have a working edition in Acid Music Studio that will do most everything I will use. More than likely the same fix will work for my Acid Pro 10, but I just don't want to go there right now after lots of discovery, scans, fixes of corrupt files, uninstallers, and crossed up installers from possibly too many old outdated programs that I used to have, tried reinstalling, or errored on uninstall in past, etc..... Btw, I found other issues with other software's while cleaning and fixing for Magix stuff, so it was a bonus cleaning discovery too! Who knew I had other program errors hiding in there....

Food for thought for Y'all......

Thanks Magix Team for helping me out and getting me going with a version of Acid that I can use, learn, and have fun creating with!

Still hopeful for future Acid Pro releases or at least updates and fixes for previous versions on a "core" level.

Credit where Credit is Due.... Thanks so much to the Support Team in Berlin, They "Rocked" this one imo! .

GRB wrote on 9/30/2023, 11:01 AM

Apparently I'm not the sharpest tool in the toolbox.... I'm now deciding that if the installation and instrument errors can be fixed for AMS11, why not the same for AP10/11... ?!?! Just 24 hours of saying I won't try AP again, lmao.

Support did say that they are all related in the Acid family of products, so I'm going for getting my AP10 Suite working/loading properly.... uh, instead of just using AMS11 as I stated prior :)

Guess I'm impatient, hopeful, or just plain "****" lol

Wish me luck with newfound confidence in recent Support ticket help and that it can carry over to a decent, functional form (humble home studio) of AP to use.

GRB wrote on 10/1/2023, 1:10 AM

Tried uninstalling AMS11, then installing AP10 current version from link from support so it doesn't load the initial (older) version first and then ask for update. All went well. Even the soundpools, features, and instruments seem to load and authorize ok far as I can tell.

My tests were limited to running a few demo songs, adding a few vst's to a few tracks, no issues.

then tried running the Demo track again but with Brainworx Console N on the master, and about 8 vsts on one audio track, AM track, AM Filtrex, efx stuff, Frontier limiter, etc, etc, just to load it up quickly.... Seem to handle it fine!

I'll know more later, but as far as initial load, authorize, and 5-10 vst fx loaded on a few demo songs, worked fine!

Also tested the Chopper with midi keyboard playing, worked fine, no delays, no quirks, no crashes.

*Still the Store related error upon closing program down.