Acid Pro 6

James-Fores wrote on 5/3/2024, 5:51 PM

I m trying to install my Acid Pro 6 software into my laptop (Window 11) and it's giving me error "the code execution cannot proceed because acid60k.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem". Can you please advise what this means as one of friends believe that the software may not be compatible with Window 11. If that is the case, how can I get an updated version that is compatible without any purchase.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/3/2024, 6:17 PM

@James-Fores It's definitely not officially compatible with Windows 11.

There might be some workarounds.

Have you tried compatibility mode?

Have you tried to not install Acid under the Program Files directory (this directory is tightly secured by current versions of Windows, which often hinders old software from running correctly). It might work better if you install it under C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\Acid6\

Maybe you need to disable Windows security like Defender, Antivirus, Smart App Control, Controlled Folder Access and so on, to get Acid 6 working.

Maybe you need to install old Windows features, like for example old .Net-frameworks.

johnebaker wrote on 5/4/2024, 3:33 AM

@James-Fores. @SP.

Hi

Acid 6, released in 2006, is not compatible with Windows 11.

There have been significant changes in the Windows installer, since the release of Acid 6, which prevent the installation of old software.

. . . . install old Windows features, like for example old .Net-frameworks . . . .

Old versions of the ,Net frameworks redistibutables, 2005 and earlier, now appear to be blocked from installation on Windows 11.

. . . . how can I get an updated version that is compatible without any purchase . . . .

I would suggest you contact Magix by email to infoservice@magix.net, asking if you would qualify for an upgrade price for a Windows 11 compatible version of ACID or Acid Music Studio, trial versions are available to testing, I would advise doing this to ensure backwards compatibility for older projects.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.