Acid pro 7 versions

j-s wrote on 5/26/2024, 9:47 AM

Which was the best most stable version of Acid pro 7?

Up to version D Sony was still the owner and developer of the Daw, then Magix took over with the release of version E,

did this immediately affect the stability if the software? i.e was version E crap, and version D the better one?

Or no difference?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/26/2024, 2:18 PM

@j-s The most drastic change was the switch from 32 Bit to 64 Bit which came with Acid 8. I don't have Acid 7, but I would guess that, if version 7.0e was really distributed by Magix, it only has different company branding.

The new 64 Bit VST Integration introduced problems with stability. That's why we recommend to use an VST chainer like Waves Studio Rack to load plugins instead of loading them directly in Acid.

j-s wrote on 5/27/2024, 1:32 AM

Managed to install an old version of acid pro 7 e on win 10 machine, works like a dream, like coming home.. 👍

j-s wrote on 5/27/2024, 2:31 AM

now just have to j-bridge some 64 bit vst instruments over for joy to be complete.

and on that note why didn't they just implement j bridge, or similar ?

it was standard in Sonar/Cakewalk

SP. wrote on 5/27/2024, 2:57 AM

@j-s Magix has their own VST bridge for years that works mostly fine in Samplitude. Not sure why there are these problems in Acid. Integration into Acid was possibly done very hastly because it looks like they are more interested in the Vegas product line. Acid didn't have a lot of users left and they set priority on Vegas.

DylanKing wrote on 6/10/2024, 4:39 AM

Thanks for the info, I will keep it in my mind.