I've recently purchased 'The Beat Goes On' bundle via Humble Bundle and the only issue I have is Acid Pro 8 installation (Acid Pro 8 Version 8.0.8 Build 29). Sound Forge Pro 12, Music Maker, MP3 Deluxe 19 and Acid Music Studio 10 have installed without issues and are working fine, but I always seem to have an issue trying to install Acid Pro 8. The system is running Windows 10 Pro (32-bit OS). On my other computer which is running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro has no issue whatsoever with Acid Pro 8, so not sure what the problem is.
(Update: 09/03/19) A bit of info I forgot to mention is during the Acid Pro 8 installation process before I get the error message, there's that part which says "The following components are required by this software: Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86)", at the bottom it says "Click Install to begin installing required components." and after I click "Install" I get the error message below.
What I don't get is why is the program still needing the required components (Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86).) when it's already installed? Doesn't matter what I do, whether I repair, reinstall or even remove the installed Visual C++ Redistributable, I still get the same outcome.
I get the following error message.
ERROR: -2147163967 occured during installation
ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86)
Things I've tried:
- Reinstalling and repairing Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable and rebooting system with no success
- Downloading/installing Acid Pro 8 Trial version with no success
- Using the provided installer via Humble Bundle and also the installer via the Download Center under my MAGIX account with no success
- Tried checking for updates through Windows Update
More things I've tried since this post including suggestions from technical support: (Update: 09/03/19)
- Uninstalling every Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed on the computer and rebooting computer, then tried installing Acid Pro 8, no success, still the same error message
- Uninstalling every Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed on the computer and rebooting computer, install the latest & the correct version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable, repair and then install Acid Pro 8 with no success, same error message
- Downloaded, installed every available Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for my system, repaired them and then try installing Acid Pro 8, same error message.
- Downloaded, installed and ran the Update Troubleshooter for Windows 10, scanned and nothing showed up
- 'Fix Windows Update Errors' via the Windows Update Troubleshooter link/URL, no success
- Uninstalling/Reinstalling/Repairing the latest and recommended version of .NET Framework, no success
- Scanning again for Windows Updates, nothing available
Some extra info:
- My 32-bit Windows 10 Pro system: Intel E6550 CPU, 4GB RAM
- My 64-bit Windows 10 Pro system: Intel i7-4790K, 32GB RAM, GTX 960
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.