Acid Pro 8 Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable

TastyTaroChips wrote on 8/29/2019, 4:29 AM

Hi,

I've recently purchased 'The Beat Goes On' bundle via Humble Bundle and the only issue I have is Acid Pro 8 installation (Acid Pro 8 Version 8.0.8 Build 29). Sound Forge Pro 12, Music Maker, MP3 Deluxe 19 and Acid Music Studio 10 have installed without issues and are working fine, but I always seem to have an issue trying to install Acid Pro 8. The system is running Windows 10 Pro (32-bit OS). On my other computer which is running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro has no issue whatsoever with Acid Pro 8, so not sure what the problem is.

(Update: 09/03/19) A bit of info I forgot to mention is during the Acid Pro 8 installation process before I get the error message, there's that part which says "The following components are required by this software: Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86)", at the bottom it says "Click Install to begin installing required components." and after I click "Install" I get the error message below.

What I don't get is why is the program still needing the required components (Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86).) when it's already installed? Doesn't matter what I do, whether I repair, reinstall or even remove the installed Visual C++ Redistributable, I still get the same outcome.

I get the following error message.

ERROR: -2147163967 occured during installation

ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86)

Things I've tried:

• Reinstalling and repairing Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable and rebooting system with no success
  • Downloading/installing Acid Pro 8 Trial version with no success
  • Using the provided installer via Humble Bundle and also the installer via the Download Center under my MAGIX account with no success
  • Tried checking for updates through Windows Update

More things I've tried since this post including suggestions from technical support: (Update: 09/03/19)

• Uninstalling every Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed on the computer and rebooting computer, then tried installing Acid Pro 8, no success, still the same error message
  • Uninstalling every Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed on the computer and rebooting computer, install the latest & the correct version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable, repair and then install Acid Pro 8 with no success, same error message
  • Downloaded, installed every available Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for my system, repaired them and then try installing Acid Pro 8, same error message.
  • Downloaded, installed and ran the Update Troubleshooter for Windows 10, scanned and nothing showed up
  • 'Fix Windows Update Errors' via the Windows Update Troubleshooter link/URL, no success
  • Uninstalling/Reinstalling/Repairing the latest and recommended version of .NET Framework, no success
  • Scanning again for Windows Updates, nothing available

Some extra info:

• My 32-bit Windows 10 Pro system: Intel E6550 CPU, 4GB RAM
  • My 64-bit Windows 10 Pro system: Intel i7-4790K, 32GB RAM, GTX 960

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Comments

TastyTaroChips wrote on 9/6/2019, 10:17 AM

So here's an update in terms of finding a solution to get AP8 32-bit installed on my Windows 10 Pro 32-bit machine.

After communicating back and forth with MAGIX Pro Support via email, the last email I received from them (09/03/19) concluded that the issue I have is a known issue that happens with 32-bit systems and that the latest/last updated installer for Acid Pro 8 (version 8.0.8 Build 29) apparently fixed this issue for a lot of users, but occasionally still occurs. They also mentioned that if none of the previous fixes has helped, that it's unfortunate that they have no further solutions and recommended, if possible to install the 64-bit version of Acid Pro 8.

Obviously I cannot install/run 64-bit software on my 32-bit system, possible through a virtual machine, but that's a whole different story. Anyway, I replied back 10 hours later from receiving their last email asking if I could gain access to previous versions of AP8 so I could test them out and hopefully have a working AP8 on my 32-bit system. 2 days later and no response so I decided to search the internet for downloadable previous versions of Acid Pro 8. It didn't take long to find them and here are my findings below.

09/06/2019: Downloaded previous versions of Acid Pro 8 from FileHorse.com

Link: https://www.filehorse.com/download-acid-pro/

Acid Pro 8.0.0 Build 143
Acid Pro 8.0.5 Build 226
Acid Pro 8.0.7 Build 233

Acid Pro 8.0.0 Build 143 Installation: Successful
Installs fine without issues and it does not prompt you to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. Fresh install of Windows, no Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed on machine at all before AP8 installation.

Acid Pro 8.0.5 Build 226 Installation: Successful
Installs fine without issues, but prompts to install the recommended components (Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86).). Fresh install of Windows, no Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed on machine at all before AP8 installation.

Acid Pro 8.0.7 Build 233 Installation: Unsuccessful
Same issue as I had with Acid Pro 8.0.8 Build 29, however when it reaches the installation of the required components of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, it will successfully install, but will fail to proceed with AP8 installation. Received the same error message I got with Acid Pro 8.0.8 Build 29 install, after I clicked close from a successful installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.

ERROR: -2147163967 occured during installation

ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86)

Notes: Fresh install of Windows, no Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed and even tried repairing before installing Acid Pro 8.0.7 Build 233.

Conclusion: I have a working Acid Pro 8 installed on my 32-bit system, currently running AP8 version 8.0.5 Build 226. I haven't had the chance to compare the different versions, but I guess I'm just content with having a working AP8 on my 32-bit system for now.

TastyTaroChips wrote on 9/10/2019, 1:06 AM

Okay, finally received a response email from MAGIX Pro Support 17 hours ago regarding this issue and they've replied saying that the previous versions of Acid Pro 8 would give the same problem with installation, but that wasn't true (Scroll up to see my findings).

Anyway, they have provided a solution to bypass the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installation process and I was able to successfully upgrade from my installed Acid Pro 8 version 8.0.5 Build 226 to the latest version of Acid Pro 8.0.8 Build 29 without issues.

Solution provided by MAGIX Pro Support

1. Install the latest VC++ redistributable, as previously suggested, from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads .

2. Click the Windows Start button, search for "notepad.exe" (without the quotes), and open the program.

2. Enter the following text: (the text between, but not including, the lines)
----------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\VC\Runtimes\x86]
"Major"=dword:0000000e

----------------------------------------

There should be four lines total, including the blank line at the end.

3. Save the file as "installer.reg" (without the quotes).

4. Click the Windows Start button, search for "regedit.exe" (without the quotes), right-click on regedit.exe, and select "Run as administrator".

5. Click File > Import... , and open installer.reg .

6. Run the ACID Pro 8 installer. It should no longer prompt for the redistributable.

Thanks MAGIX Pro Support, appreciate your time and efforts to find a solution. I hope this fix may help those who have the same problem.

sheppo wrote on 9/10/2019, 6:34 AM

Thanks @TastyTaroChips - that's not a solution I'd seen before, so I'll add this to the FAQ to potentially help others in future.

Also, welcome to the forums. Good to have you on board!

naja-m wrote on 9/28/2020, 7:39 AM

simply uninstall all previous version of  VC++ . then open ur setup file & install it. it works for me

Steve-ONeil wrote on 3/4/2021, 7:57 AM

simply uninstall all previous version of  VC++ . then open ur setup file & install it. it works for me

Thank-you

After trying all sorts of other fixes from the forums this is what worked for me. It's really what I should have tried in the first place.

petran79 wrote on 3/25/2021, 5:15 PM

I uninstalled 2013 and it still refuses to install.

Grfxguy22 wrote on 3/26/2021, 5:57 PM

I was having the same problem with Acid 10. I uninstalled all versions of the 2013 redistributable (x64) and then installed Acid and it worked for me.

TastyTaroChips wrote on 3/27/2021, 12:07 AM

I simply did that obviously, but that did not simply work believe it or not. What may work for you, may not work for others like myself, if you read my post, you'll see I tried that, didn't work for me. Also, not sure why you decided to comment a year later, although I had already found a solution.

computers wrote on 3/28/2021, 3:15 AM

Hi, I wanted to install Acid 10 but nothing, it gives me the problem described above, I did everything I had to do but nothing, no results. Now, do you know how I can do it? Acid no longer installs me.

TastyTaroChips wrote on 3/28/2021, 4:39 AM

Hi, I wanted to install Acid 10 but nothing, it gives me the problem described above, I did everything I had to do but nothing, no results. Now, do you know how I can do it? Acid no longer installs me.

Hi, sorry I do not know the solution for your issue. This was my solution for the issue I had for Acid Pro 8 (32-bit). You could try starting a new post, try out the other suggestions in this thread or hopefully someone in the community or even MAGIX Pro Support can provide a solution, all the best!

computers wrote on 3/28/2021, 7:21 AM

Hi, sorry I do not know the solution for your issue. This was my solution for the issue I had for Acid Pro 8 (32-bit). You could try starting a new post, try out the other suggestions in this thread or hopefully someone in the community or even MAGIX Pro Support can provide a solution, all the best!

thanks for replying, I solved the problem, I just uninstalled everything related to Microsoft Visual C ++.

TastyTaroChips wrote on 3/28/2021, 11:06 PM

thanks for replying, I solved the problem, I just uninstalled everything related to Microsoft Visual C ++.

That's co cool. I can remember when I did the same thing with the issue I had, but that didn't work for me, but glad you got it working, all the best and have fun.

petran79 wrote on 4/15/2021, 11:46 AM

Had to settle with an unofficial portable version without the need to install vc 2013. It works at least, though it will not install the update for the same reason.

ShaneCC wrote on 12/22/2022, 3:52 PM

Had the same problem on a new system (Windows 11). All suggestions above did not help; however, this thread suggested editing a couple of relevant permissions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-2147163964-installer-has-insufficient/d8993f16-7f2e-42a1-9fca-c1722ce37138 which, I hasten to add, did NOT immediately work. I then temporarily disabled my antivirus software as well, and the update finally took.