Comments

sheppo wrote on 6/14/2018, 2:02 PM

Hey @jim-martin

VST3 support has been requested a lot over the years, and is currently on the requested features on the beta tester feedback. I'm confident the development teams are aware of this, but so far we have no indication on when this support will come.

jim-martin wrote on 6/15/2018, 11:52 AM

How does some become a beta tester?

How does some one be come a beta tester of products he owns?

sheppo wrote on 6/18/2018, 7:14 AM

Good question. It appears to be a closed beta, which is invite only based on, I assume, how helpful people are on the forum. I was given access when I was asked to be a moderator here. For obvious reasons Magix wouldn't want everyone being a beta tester.

jim-martin wrote on 7/5/2018, 8:13 AM

How soon till the vst3 support be available ,the update was advertized for free or do we have to buy the next one ?

sheppo wrote on 7/9/2018, 3:09 AM

Just to reiterate, we have no indication of when or if VST3 support will come to Acid Pro 8. I am stating that is a frequently requested feature

jim-martin wrote on 7/12/2018, 4:25 AM

Read This Post please!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/23/2018, 2:37 AM

Dear community,

We are so happy to announce, that the loop-based Digital Audio Workstation ACID Pro is back with its first major update in ten years! We completely overhauled the software that revolutionised loop-based music making 20 years ago and have added many new professional features, instruments and effects and an all-powerful 64-bit architecture. Yet with a brand new and modern interface and its innovative loop-based compositional environment, the software retains the easy workflow that it is famous for.

ACID Pro 8 not only represents a major upgrade of the software, but demonstrates our commitment to the brand going forward. Indeed, we will be adding VST3 support in a free update later this year.

With ACID Pro 365, we now also offer a flexible subscription service. Users get all the power and functionality of the regular ACID Pro 8 but enjoy all future updates, full support plus additional instruments and effects for a monthly fee.

ACID Pro has a long, distinguished history and a very large and loyal following. It was vital, then, that we spent a long time consulting with this ACID community of artists and producers over how we should improve the software. We are very pleased that most of their suggestions have been included in ACID Pro 8. This enormous passion of the ACID fan base has really transferred to me and my team.

says Torsten Heise, ACID Pro 8's product owner.

We firmly believe that, with its enhanced power and features-set, this latest version of ACID Pro will appeal to those users and a completely new generation of creative musicians and professional producers. ACID Pro 8 heralds a new dawn in the software's glorious history and will become the DAW of choice for today's forward-thinking and creative artists.

New Features of ACID Pro 8 at a glance:

A modern, sleek and inspiring user interface

Powerful 64-bit technology

Flexible 24-bit, 192kHz multitrack recording

Advanced MIDI and audio editing features

$1000 of new plug-in instruments and effects

9GB of all-new ACIDized loops

Everybody who have taken advantage of the grace offer, please be a little patient. You should receive an email with the serial this week.

Also, we have developed a new comprehensive online content platform where users can purchase even more ACIDized loops, sounds and instruments: Producerplanet

Check out ACID Pro 8 on our website: https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid-pro/

Best regards,
Mathias

Last changed by MAGIX_Redaktion

LooneyBinJim wrote on 7/16/2018, 12:05 PM

Read This Post please!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/23/2018, 2:37 AM

Dear community,

We are so happy to announce, that the loop-based Digital Audio Workstation ACID Pro is back with its first major update in ten years! We completely overhauled the software that revolutionised loop-based music making 20 years ago and have added many new professional features, instruments and effects and an all-powerful 64-bit architecture. Yet with a brand new and modern interface and its innovative loop-based compositional environment, the software retains the easy workflow that it is famous for.

ACID Pro 8 not only represents a major upgrade of the software, but demonstrates our commitment to the brand going forward. Indeed, we will be adding VST3 support in a free update later this year.

With ACID Pro 365, we now also offer a flexible subscription service. Users get all the power and functionality of the regular ACID Pro 8 but enjoy all future updates, full support plus additional instruments and effects for a monthly fee.

ACID Pro has a long, distinguished history and a very large and loyal following. It was vital, then, that we spent a long time consulting with this ACID community of artists and producers over how we should improve the software. We are very pleased that most of their suggestions have been included in ACID Pro 8. This enormous passion of the ACID fan base has really transferred to me and my team.

says Torsten Heise, ACID Pro 8's product owner.

We firmly believe that, with its enhanced power and features-set, this latest version of ACID Pro will appeal to those users and a completely new generation of creative musicians and professional producers. ACID Pro 8 heralds a new dawn in the software's glorious history and will become the DAW of choice for today's forward-thinking and creative artists.

New Features of ACID Pro 8 at a glance:

A modern, sleek and inspiring user interface

Powerful 64-bit technology

Flexible 24-bit, 192kHz multitrack recording

Advanced MIDI and audio editing features

$1000 of new plug-in instruments and effects

9GB of all-new ACIDized loops

Everybody who have taken advantage of the grace offer, please be a little patient. You should receive an email with the serial this week.

Also, we have developed a new comprehensive online content platform where users can purchase even more ACIDized loops, sounds and instruments: Producerplanet

Check out ACID Pro 8 on our website: https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid-pro/

Best regards,
Mathias

Last changed by MAGIX_Redaktion

In the most recent update if you click on the help menu open manual.

What I have to say it says what's New in ap7 what it's the 8 manual. Very poor txt book error.tut tut.Anyway in the what's new it says that bugs have been fixed and Vst3 support has been added anyone tried it?

MrSoundman wrote on 7/26/2018, 3:08 PM

Vst3 support has been added anyone tried it?

I've tried it and there is currently no VST3 support in 8.0.5 (build 226).