ACID pro 9 installation problem on windows 10

Drew-Buckner wrote on 12/29/2019, 2:39 PM

I purchased acid pro 8 & 9 for windows 7 on my previous laptop. I have a new laptop now with windows 10. I can’t install acid pro now. I thought it was compatible with windows 10? I cannot get a hold of tech support at Magix. Has anyone have this problem? Help!

Comments

Maxtheschu wrote on 12/29/2019, 9:16 PM

what's the problem with installing on Windows 10...? All I run is W10 on all of my computers and Acid 8 and 9 work just fine.

delargo wrote on 12/30/2019, 12:02 PM

I tried to use my existing online download to install it and got an incompatibility error on my laptop. Did you use online download or CD?

Trensharo wrote on 12/30/2019, 7:35 PM

Try Ccleaner. Clean your system and the registry, and then see if it installs. It can be an issue with orphaned registry entries.

I'd also make sure all of the ACID [Pro] Folders are deleted from %AppData%, %ProgramData% and "C:\Program Files" (or whatever drive you install to).

Make sure your Sound Card and Graphics Card Drivers are up to date, as well as your BIOS. Weird problems can happen when some of these things are updated.

Maxtheschu wrote on 1/1/2020, 10:01 AM

Trensharo, good idea with Ccleaner, I had problems with an install and used it to clean out the Registry and it solved the problem straight away. Getting rid of the old Acid folders is a smart idea as well. Cheers

delargo wrote on 1/3/2020, 10:33 PM

I just used my CD and everything worked fine!! Thanks for the suggestions!