Acid Pro not opening m4a and mp4 files

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/23/2018, 2:48 AM

Hey guys!

Thank you again for upgrading Acid Pro to 64 bit. It really does seem more stable immediately!
I also love that I can easily open my Acid Pro 7 files in AP8, and then go back and reopen them in AP7 again! Awesome!

Unfortunately a bunch of my projects contain a handful of mp4 files as well as m4a files, which don't seem to open in AP8.

Thank you again!
-Garnet

Comments

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/23/2018, 8:24 AM

Hi @Animal-Nation,

First of all, thank you for your feedback! It always feels great, when we see enthusiastic users who like our product(s).

On the flip side, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. In ACID Pro 8 we don't have mp4 codec. Please save your projects in ACID Pro 7 without the videos. After that you can load them in ACID Pro 8.

Best regards,
Mathias

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/23/2018, 11:52 AM

Hey Mathias!
Thanks for the quick reply.
That's too bad. Do you know if AP8 or future versions will integrate m4a and mp4 codecs?
I recently started using Serato Video a ton, so half my files these days are video files. It was so awesome being able to drag them into AP7 and delete the video files associated with them, and then edit them like regular audio files. Unfortunately the 32bit architechture of AP7 didn't like using a few gigs worth of files per project :(

I would LOVE to see m4a and mp4 integration in a future update :) :) :) :) :)

Thank you again Magix! You guys are amazing!!!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/24/2018, 1:52 AM

Hi @Animal-Nation,

Unfortunately, I don't know if that will be in future versions. We, obviously, will keep an open mind and if we get more feedback from the community regarding this feature, we might consider implementing it.

Thanks, it's so rewarding creating software for passionate users like you. 😎

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/24/2018, 12:17 PM

Alternatively I've been using this website to convert my video files to 320kbps mp3's -
https://online-audio-converter.com/

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/24/2018, 12:18 PM

But an mp4/m4a codec would still be an awesome update! :D :D :D

kinvermark wrote on 4/24/2018, 7:15 PM

If it is any use to you, the avi container type seems to work fine in AP8 with a variety of codecs.

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/25/2018, 10:34 AM

If it is any use to you, the avi container type seems to work fine in AP8 with a variety of codecs.

What is the Avi Container and how do I activate/set this up? I've never heard of that before..
Thank you!

kinvermark wrote on 4/25/2018, 9:18 PM

You chose the settings when rendering your videos, so it depends on what software you are using to make videos. Virtually all NLE software (Like Magix Vegas, etc.) can do this... I don't know about screen capture software if you are capturing gameplay.

EnochtheRad wrote on 8/10/2019, 12:37 PM

AP9 FLAC and AAC format support - I'm trying to render multichannel files but I keep getting messages while rendering that my selection is not valid with the Project Properties and my selection option is being removed from the options list. I used to be able to render in AAC in AP8, what happened? I'm not seeing multichannel FLAC either.

Trensharo wrote on 8/16/2019, 10:53 PM

AP8 doesn't have AAC support. It's on Humble Bundle now, so I installed it just to check. Cannot Render AAC files. Can't say for sure about FLAC Multi-Channel, as I didn't try.

Actually, the list of supported Audio Formats/CODECs is pretty awful.

It also crashed CONSTANTLY, so I removed it from my machine shortly afterwards.