Comments

SP. wrote on 1/18/2023, 7:31 AM

@sangmoon-jung Does it help if you hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the program icon to open ACID? Don't let go of CTRL and SHIFT until you see a small window that will allow you to reset the program settings. Maybe this will help.

sangmoon-jung wrote on 1/18/2023, 10:16 PM

@sangmoon-jung Does it help if you hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the program icon to open ACID? Don't let go of CTRL and SHIFT until you see a small window that will allow you to reset the program settings. Maybe this will help.

Thank you.
I did as you said.
But it still doesn't work.
Stuck at 'Creating child windows...' or program quits.

Goregasm23 wrote on 4/30/2024, 3:37 PM

I just ran into this. Was a solution ever found?

I had to wipe my station the other day. I reinstalled everything. AP 11 was working fine at the start of the weekend. I came back today to boot it up and it is now crashing on the splash screen at 'creating child window'. No clue as to why. I cleared out my VST folders, uninstalled/reinstalled, installed just AP11 - nothing is getting it to boot up. I did install Acid 10 and launched it without issue - but of course, that cannot load any of my AP11 projects.

SP. wrote on 4/30/2024, 5:53 PM

@Goregasm23 Does it run, if you right click on the program icon and select to run it as administrator?

Goregasm23 wrote on 5/1/2024, 10:10 AM

@SP. One of the first things I tired along with compatibility mode options. I was able to fix it though. I ran a Windows reset without wiping my files and programs. Once I did that - no issues loading. Possible there was some problem with .net framework causing the issue.

If the problem pops up again I will run a repair/clean install of framework without touching anything else and see if that does the job - but I am hoping NOT to run into the problem again. If someone else runs across this post with the same issue - maybe start there.

johnebaker wrote on 5/1/2024, 11:54 AM

@Goregasm23

Hi

. . . . Possible there was some problem with .net framework causing the issue. . . . .

More likley this is an OpenCL issue, and sounds like a Windows Update may have 'updated' your GPU drivers.

Check that you are on the latest version from the GPU manufacturer.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Goregasm23 wrote on 5/1/2024, 12:17 PM

@johnebaker I don't let Windows update anything other than OS related items; security and such. I have GeForce handle the GPU drivers and I had the latest drivers installed before the problem started. Since I had to recently wipe my entire station and set everything up from scratch - easy to keep track of it all. End of last week, I had everything updated and working fine. Booted up Tuesday and problem began. Ultimately unable to know definitively at this point, but it offers another avenue to look at if the problem pops up again.