Comments

johnebaker wrote on 12/29/2020, 1:59 PM

@Michael-Noel

Hi

. . . . What do I do? . . .

Please read this topic.

Did you check the system requirements for Sound Forge MAC here - if your OS is not mentioned - it is not supported.

Apple were putting out messages well before the release of Catalina that 32 bit programs will no longer work on MAC OS's from Catalina onward.

Both Catalina and Big Sur are 64 bit OS's and will not run 32 bit programs. Additionally, assuming this is a new install on Big Sur you should not have been able to install the program.

However, if you upgraded to Big Sur from, for example, Mojave, and the program was already installed, you should have been presented with the following warning

John EB
Forum Moderator

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX 12, MEP Premium 2021, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2021.

Running Windows 10 Professional 20H2 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 3 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60GB internal SSD, + 6 ext backup HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Michael-Noel wrote on 12/29/2020, 2:39 PM

Yeah I should have but wasn't
So it seems that Magix is just choking out the Mac product and those that have supported for years after taking it over?
Job well done then.
I guest the LOGIC and most AVID decisions has been made for me, and that I have no choice but to be ABLETON to move on.