An error occurred while creating the media file.

Rick-Dyson wrote on 10/20/2020, 9:54 AM

"An error occurred while creating the media file. There is no license to use this software"

I can open and edit files with no problem, but no matter what format I try to save an audio file (.mp3 .wav) I always get this error.

I installed and activated it some time ago.

SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 13. -

Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
- 16291 MB RAM

Apparently, there is no product support dept. at Magix.

Comments

Former user wrote on 10/20/2020, 10:09 AM

"An error occurred while creating the media file. There is no license to use this software"

I can open and edit files with no problem, but no matter what format I try to save an audio file (.mp3 .wav) I always get this error.

I installed and activated it some time ago.

SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 13. -

Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
- 16291 MB RAM

Apparently, there is no product support dept. at Magix.

Which vendor actually sold you the installer? I purchased Audio Studio 13 through Sweetwater and ran it on Windows 10 without any of the issues you're encountering.

rraud wrote on 10/20/2020, 10:34 AM

If you have a valid serial number, uninstall and reinstall..
I usually recommend uninstalling Sound Forge with a third-party uninstaller that can remove leftover register entries, folders and other obsolete data that (the OS uninstall leaves much of this 'trash' behind) and can be the cause of a problem in the first place. Revo Uninstaller is highly regarded, both the freeware and pro versions work well.

@Rick-Dyson, just so you know, double-posting on the same subject is generally not allowed.