Audio Studio 14 Instant Actions Panel

mistertee wrote on 2/1/2020, 12:07 PM

The font that allows the user to select the various functions on the "Instant Actions" panel is so tiny it cannot be read. Totally useless. Any info on how to correct this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

rraud wrote on 2/1/2020, 1:14 PM

You can try changing the <.exe> or shortcut's 'Compatibility' settings. There are settings to enable or disable the 'high DPI scaling' (or something to that affect, I'm not on my Win 10 PC). There are other settings in 'Compatibility' you could experiment with as well.

With my 'less-than-perfect' eyes,, on my laptop PC's high res display I needed to set the default resolution from 3840 x 2160 down to 1920 x 1080 and the DPI setting to 175% to make things larger overall (this makes everything on the display larger).

The downside of boosting the DPI is a few of the plug-ins and render settings in Vegas are beyond the edges of the display, so I occasionally need to temporarily set the DPI back to default (125% as I recall).

mistertee wrote on 2/2/2020, 2:34 AM

You can try changing the <.exe> or shortcut's 'Compatibility' settings. There are settings to enable or disable the 'high DPI scaling...

Thanks so much for the reply! The issue doesn't effect the entire program. It's just the "Instant Actions" module which unfortunately doesn't have it's own executable. I'm guessing the problem occurs during the installation process, apparently effecting only "some" users. I've attached a screenshots of this module from the Audio Studio product page where the font looks normal.

VERSUS

rraud wrote on 2/2/2020, 2:22 PM

I do not have any version of SF AS, so I do not know the actual results of changing the 'compatibility' settings Try it and see, just take note of the 'before' settings in case you want to change it back.

As I recall my issue .. with SF Pro 11, the toolbar icons were the size of pinheads, changing the 'compatibility' settings made them larger and did not affect the timeline, waveform, cursor size and such. When I get back to my Win 10 PC, I can look for the pertinent settings more closely.
btw, Later builds and versions of SF Pro did not have that particular display issue.

As I stated, changing the PCs global display resolution and/or DPI affects EVERYTHING.

mistertee wrote on 2/3/2020, 8:11 AM

As I stated, changing the PCs global display resolution and/or DPI affects EVERYTHING.

I gave that a try but no luck. Giving the issue a bit more thought, it does appear that the font itself (regardless of size) is probably not the correct one. I would expect something more conventional like Arial or similar whereas the font on my installation has an artistic look. Hopefully I'll hear back on my support ticket soon. I will be sure to report the results here.

mistertee wrote on 2/4/2020, 8:18 AM

Update: Per correspondence received today from Magix Tech-Support, this is a bug that was somehow missed in beta testing. They are currently collecting data such as OS and Graphics Card details from effected users. I'll come back and mark the thread solved once a working patch has been released.

Gene-Gajewski wrote on 4/21/2020, 9:06 PM

Update: Per correspondence received today from Magix Tech-Support, this is a bug that was somehow missed in beta testing. They are currently collecting data such as OS and Graphics Card details from effected users. I'll come back and mark the thread solved once a working patch has been released.

Is there any current resolution to this issue? It's been a couple of months.

mistertee wrote on 4/21/2020, 9:20 PM

Is there any current resolution to this issue? It's been a couple of months.

Not as far as I'm concerned. A few weeks after I posted the "update", tech support sent me a follow-up reply stating that it is NOT actually a software bug, but rather something wrong with my computer. I thought perhaps they were correct since nobody else had posted a similar complaint. I take it you have the same issue?

rraud wrote on 4/22/2020, 10:33 AM

The text for the "Instant Action" icon is very small on Pro 14 as well. I normally have My PC's DPI set to 175% (1920x1080) due to my less-than-perfect eyesight. If I set the PC's DPI to the 'recommended' setting, it is unreadable. That said, 'Instant Action' was a good idea, but without being able to enter your own user 'actions', the usefulness is limited IMHO.

mistertee wrote on 4/22/2020, 4:45 PM

Thanks, I would agree. In my case, the labels are not only tiny, but also the font itself is something odd, like a handwriting font. I checked all of my system defaults and everything appears correct. If someone figures it out I'd still be interested but the most part I've let it go :)

dlp0918 wrote on 6/28/2020, 2:48 PM

I have recently installed Sound Forge Pro 14 build 65 64-bit on Windows 10. I am also experiencing the font problem in the "Instant Action" box (screen capture attached).

Quizzical wrote on 4/25/2022, 11:19 AM

So I assume this was never fixed. This is the only apt result on a browser search for this problem.

mistertee wrote on 4/25/2022, 11:27 AM

So I assume this was never fixed. This is the only apt result on a browser search for this problem.

I believe it was finally fixed in Version 15. I'm using V16 now and it's working properly.

Walter.I wrote on 4/27/2022, 7:20 AM

I believe it was finally fixed in Version 15. I'm using V16 now and it's working properly.

@mistertee
Your advice is appreciated, but I don't think the thread should be marked as "solved".
The error refers to version 14, and there it is still unsolved.

It would behoove Magix if they would provide an update - for the "still version 14 (pro) users" like me.

This would also apply to the missing option, which is supposed to allow the user to add his own links in the Instant Action Panel to the functions he uses most often.

Last changed by Walter.I on 4/27/2022, 7:21 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

CPU: Intel i9-9900KS 4GHz, (UHD Graphics 630,)
MB: ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming,
MEM.: 32 GB Ram, DDR4-3200
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 SUPER,
Storage: SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2, SSD 860 EVO Series 1TB, Toshiba 3TB SATA,
Soundforge Pro 14, Build 111

SP. wrote on 4/27/2022, 7:49 AM

@Walter.I I suspect that there will be no more updates for version 14. Every version gets one year of free updates. It's the same for all Magix software. Sadly, this sometimes leaves old versions in a broken state. If the software is unusable for you, you can try to get your money back or maybe a reduced upgrade price to version 16 if you ask sales support at infoservice@magix.net

I believe that the font problem is caused by custom fonts on your system. You can try to uninstall the wrong font that you are seeing to get the correct characters back.

mistertee wrote on 4/27/2022, 9:05 AM

@Walter, I might be a bit off about the timing, but I believe the fix came midway through V15's run. The odds that Magix would backtrack the fix to V14 are unfortunately very slim. The other thing to know is the issue affected only a small number of users, i.e. low priority in their view. Although I found the problem to be quite frustrating, I'm happy with V16 now. I like the suggestion from @SP. When I tried to resolve the issue I recall making certain I didn't have an oddball font set as system default. However, I wasn't able to identify the particular font that AudioStudio was linking to. If the font in question could be discovered and uninstalled, it would be interesting to see if the issue would resolve.

rraud wrote on 4/27/2022, 9:24 AM

I had an issue with small fonts with SFP-11, I fixed it by changing the 'High DPI' setting in SF's shortcut Properties> Compatibility menu. I have not had issues with SF-12 subsequent versions though.

johnebaker wrote on 4/27/2022, 11:17 AM

@mistertee

Hi

. . . . I recall making certain I didn't have an oddball font set as system default. However, I wasn't able to identify the particular font that AudioStudio was linking to. . . .

The font that is shown in your images looks like an 'Old Western movie' style font such as Cowboy or Durango neither of which, AFAICS, are standard Windows fonts.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

mistertee wrote on 4/27/2022, 11:31 AM
The font that is shown in your images looks like an 'Old Western movie' style font such as Cowboy or Durango neither of which, AFAICS, are standard Windows fonts.

Yes, as far as what was displayed by AS V14 quick access panel, it was definitely a specialty font of some kind. Certainly nothing I would have wanted as a default. I did think it strange since my system default was Segoe UI. At the time, I recall uploading some screenshots of the panel to a few of those 'font ID' sites, but never got a useful return.

Thankfully, I haven't had the problem in V15 or 16.