Comments

Peter-Elfman wrote on 2/27/2021, 11:35 AM

The subject says it all. Is there a way in ACID Pro to remove turntable rumble from a vinyl recording?

That's a job for plugins. What you'll want to do is run an Equalizer on the track to cut the low-end frequencies, then possibly a Compressor to deal with any volume spikes caused by the rumble. You can try experimenting with the order in which the plugins act to optimize them.

Patient-X wrote on 2/27/2021, 12:07 PM

​​​​​​@user897

Hello, Welcome

Audio Cleaning Lab

The star of the show is the LP click and crackle recovery, the effectiveness of which is definitely not a matter of opinion. It works well and without unduly affecting high-frequency detail. It’s been possible to do things somewhat like this for a while. Turntable clicks are reasonably detectable as sudden sharp rises in level and techniques for isolating and suppressing them have been around for a while. The filters offered in Cleaning Lab seem well configured with both click and crackle removal and some LP-specific rumble filtering which works particularly nicely on orchestral recordings with quiet passages.

Pc Set up: Intel i5-10400f 2.90 Ghz Cpu, Corsair vengeance 16gb DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX2070 Super, TUF Gaming B460-PLUS, various hard drives. Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202HD 24 Bit/192 kHz USB Audio Interface. AKG Reference headphones.

IT Qualifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA, A+ and NETWORK+ in year 2000.

Without music, life would be a mistake” ― Friedrich Nietzsche. Ohne Musik wäre das Leben ein Fehler “- Friedrich Nietzsche

Peter-Elfman wrote on 2/27/2021, 12:24 PM

​​​​​​@user897

Hello, Welcome

Audio Cleaning Lab

The star of the show is the LP click and crackle recovery, the effectiveness of which is definitely not a matter of opinion. It works well and without unduly affecting high-frequency detail. It’s been possible to do things somewhat like this for a while. Turntable clicks are reasonably detectable as sudden sharp rises in level and techniques for isolating and suppressing them have been around for a while. The filters offered in Cleaning Lab seem well configured with both click and crackle removal and some LP-specific rumble filtering which works particularly nicely on orchestral recordings with quiet passages.

That's awesome. Is Cleanup Lab a feature in Acid Pro? Google Search reveals nothing of use.

Patient-X wrote on 2/27/2021, 12:33 PM

No, but you can buy it on Amazon for £12.99 Magix Audio Cleaning Lab. it will improve the reduction in turntable rumble. You could spend time experimenting with acid pro plugins, but Audio Cleaning Lab seems to offer a quicker process.

Last changed by Patient-X on 2/27/2021, 12:36 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Pc Set up: Intel i5-10400f 2.90 Ghz Cpu, Corsair vengeance 16gb DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX2070 Super, TUF Gaming B460-PLUS, various hard drives. Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202HD 24 Bit/192 kHz USB Audio Interface. AKG Reference headphones.

Without music, life would be a mistake” ― Friedrich Nietzsche. Ohne Musik wäre das Leben ein Fehler “- Friedrich Nietzsche

user897 wrote on 2/27/2021, 4:21 PM

Thanks everyone for the input! :)

I'll give Magix Audio Cleaning Lab a try for sure. I always thought DAK's DePopper did the best work on clicks and pops, but we're talking about software here so there's always room for improvement. I'll report back....

Patient-X wrote on 2/27/2021, 5:57 PM

@user897

Thanks for the update, good luck.

user897 wrote on 2/27/2021, 7:16 PM

Does anyone have an idea as to what specific setting I should try for the rumble? Or, should I just go through all the options?

user897 wrote on 2/28/2021, 4:51 PM

Magix Audio Cleaning Lab is exactly what the doctor ordered. I ran many tests and the results are outstanding! Thanks to everyone that replied, I am grateful to have that nuisance eliminated! :)

Patient-X wrote on 2/28/2021, 5:10 PM

@user897

Glad I could help, thanks for the update, happy rumbling.

Trensharo wrote on 3/4/2021, 9:26 AM

You can also get RX Elements for dirt cheap (usually) and there are VST Plug-Ins of its Cleanup Effects available in ACID Pro after installation...