Can Music Maker Jam soundpools be used with Music Maker 2013

tdj_clarke wrote on 7/3/2013, 8:40 PM

I am/was running Windows 8 Music Maker Jam.  I bought sound packages from the Microsoft store.  I liked the software and recently bought Music Maker 2013.

Can Music Maker Jam soundpools be used with Music Maker 2013?  If so where are they located on Windows 8?

If not, where can I buy these for MM2013?

Thanks for your help,

Comments

nihon94 wrote on 7/4/2013, 6:02 AM

You asked

"Can Music Maker Jam soundpools be used with Music Maker 2013?  If so where are they located on Windows 8?"

If sound pool is separately available then there is a possibility or if you want to use the soundpool installed in the softare then that is not a good idea due to copyright license.

If you want to buy use the link and check yourself. Also take a look at the license.

http://www.catooh.com/uk/sys/id/Katalog/area/8507/

nihon94

tdj_clarke wrote on 7/4/2013, 5:38 PM

Thank you for your prompt reply,

Thank you for providing additional resources to acquire sound pools for  MMM 2013, I have bookmarked it.  I will review the collection  to see if they contain the "styles" I purchased.

I paid for 5 soundpools, for a Magix product on Windows 8 .

I bought the software Magix Music Maker 2013.

At this point I am not concerned about copyright.  

Are the sound pools compatible from one to the other Yes or No?  If they are compatible, I have searched my system for their location and couldn't find them.  Could someone tell me where they are located?

Many thanks

nihon94 wrote on 7/5/2013, 3:42 AM

Thank you for your prompt reply,

Thank you for providing additional resources to acquire sound pools for  MMM 2013, I have bookmarked it.  I will review the collection  to see if they contain the "styles" I purchased.

I paid for 5 soundpools, for a Magix product on Windows 8 .

I bought the software Magix Music Maker 2013.

At this point I am not concerned about copyright.  

Are the sound pools compatible from one to the other Yes or No?  If they are compatible, I have searched my system for their location and couldn't find them.  Could someone tell me where they are located?

Many thanks

You still did not clear question: If you are talking about the soundpool which are included in the Music Maker can also be used if copy the entire folder and use next in my own experience Soundpool Cd or DVD can also be used without problem.

If you want to find the soundpool folder first open Program settings it could be using "P" or "Y" key of the computer when Music maker is opened, when the program setting window open click on FOLDER tab and take a look at the folder path. Later go to that folder and copy. In some cases the File can be hidden and you can not see but there is a way to view hidden file.

In case file are hidden click on ALT key then TOOLS/FOLDERS OPTIONS/SHOW OR VIEW TAB then file and folder scroll down and locate Show all files and folder click OK all hidden files will be appeared.

NOTE: you must hide files later.

Please refer one of my tutorial that might give you some hints

http://www.magix.info/us/soundpool-problem-and-solution-faq-for-mmm-16-premium.online-training.70780.html

nihon94

tdj_clarke wrote on 7/6/2013, 7:37 AM

I hope this will benefit some users:  

On my windows 8 install the Windows 8 Jam soundpools I have purchased are  located @

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Packages

\MAGIX.MusicMakerJam_a2t3txkz9j1jw\LocalState\Soundpools\

Not exactly a friendly or obvious place.  They are all organized in subfolders by style purchased.  As a test, I copied a style to my Music Maker 2013 soundpool library and imported/added the folder.

These soundpools do work in Music Maker 2013, but once imported can only be seen through the file manager tab, not the soundpool tab.

I hope in the future, Magix, will consider making these fully compatible, so they can go directly into the Soundpool menu.  

With this success, now I start to wonder if the reverse is possible, though I doubt it, this maybe a project for next week end :)

Thanks for your contribution Ms/Mr.Nihon94 - 

nihon94 wrote on 7/6/2013, 8:02 AM

I hope this will benefit some users:  

On my windows 8 install the Windows 8 Jam soundpools I have purchased are  located @

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Packages

\MAGIX.MusicMakerJam_a2t3txkz9j1jw\LocalState\Soundpools\

Not exactly a friendly or obvious place.  They are all organized in subfolders by style purchased.  As a test, I copied a style to my Music Maker 2013 soundpool library and imported/added the folder.

These soundpools do work in Music Maker 2013, but once imported can only be seen through the file manager tab, not the soundpool tab.

I hope in the future, Magix, will consider making these fully compatible, so they can go directly into the Soundpool menu.  

With this success, now I start to wonder if the reverse is possible, though I doubt it, this maybe a project for next week end :)

Thanks for your contribution Ms/Mr.Nihon94 - 

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your findings with others.

I am glad if your problem is solved.

nihon94