Comments

mark-h7406 wrote on 11/13/2021, 11:06 AM

I had just received some kind of Windows update in 10 .. then it would not open and the eLicenser would not respond at all .. no options work .. the green button for activation a program is a pale grey.. not green .. will not change or usable . So, I said "well, might as well get W11. So, I did .. still .. the same problem. I have the newest version of eLicenser .. my firewall has it able to get through .. so ..... ...... .....

Thanks for any help with this!

Cheers!

SP. wrote on 11/13/2021, 1:04 PM

@mark-h7406 I would suggest you contact Steinberg support.

emmrecs wrote on 11/13/2021, 2:56 PM

@mark-h7406

As @SP. says, Spectralayers Pro is now a Steinberg product. Hence the advice to contact their support.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

mark-h7406 wrote on 11/13/2021, 7:25 PM

Yeah, I thought of that .. he gave me a elc installation helper program .. that didn't work either ..

I did that before I posted this query..

Thanks for your replies! .. I will try him out again .. He was thinking that he might need to get into my pc and do it himself .. but that I ought to try the installation helper first.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same complaint or problem .. to where if it was or wasn't a Windows update that caused this problem... cause all things were good till I saw microsoft install an update that it didn't let me know in advance .. I hate that ..

Thanks you guys!

Cheers!

SP. wrote on 11/14/2021, 1:35 AM

@mark-h7406 As far as I could check this problem is caused by the eLicenser. I would suggest you uninstall Steinbergs licensing manager completely and reinstall it.

mark-h7406 wrote on 11/15/2021, 3:01 AM

Yeah, .. I have done that .. a couple of times .. still .. the same

SP. wrote on 11/15/2021, 4:38 AM

@mark-h7406

Not sure if this will help, but it's worth a try.

I uninstalled eLicenser and then I searched my whole C:\ Drive and my whole registry (not with normal regedit, but with RegCool which features much better search) for the following strings:

syncrosoft

eLicenser

SYNSOPOS

I deleted all files/keys that seemed legit matches and not only white noise. Including some registry keys that clearly had to do with DCOM.

Then I reinstalled latest eLicenser. It is working now.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/solved-dcom-connection-to-program-synsopos-exe-failed/132489/5