Can't Download Sound Forge to New PC

CLARE-HIGGINS wrote on 7/25/2021, 1:48 PM

I bought Sound Forge many years ago. My PC conked out and I got a new laptop, HP with Windows 10 Pro. I created a Magix account and was able to download the software to my new PC, but could not finish the installation. A message said it was "corrupt." I installed the necessary components but this just kept happening. I tried contacting support but a message said my support request could not be saved. Can someone help? Thanks. 

Clare Higgins

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/25/2021, 3:28 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @CLARE-HIGGINS.

Which version of Sound Forge? Read the 'Sticky' at the head for the main Sound Forge forum page.
In detail, what did you experience?
You were able to download the Installation manager file?
After launching, did you check-mark the components you wish to install? (of which depends on the version).. If so, was an "MAGIX Downloads" folder created in your PC's 'Documents' folder with a "Installations Manager" sub-folder. If so,there should be the unpacked installer files there. Pre-Magix versions of Sound Forge installations differ.

CLARE-HIGGINS wrote on 7/25/2021, 4:41 PM

I no longer remember what version of Sound Forge I had. I lent my brother the software and he can't find it. In detail, what happened was I clicked a link sent to me by Tech Support: https://ursasoftware.com/ud/SetupRegisterWinstitch.exe

It let me download a folder called "Register Winstitch" so I did, and I opened it and clicked register.exe and a window appeared called "Activation." I filled in the info, including my serial number, and clicked, and got a thank you. That was it -- no software appeared in my hard drive. I don't know what else to do. I should mention that my Sound Forge software was really old -- I bought it before 2008.

rraud wrote on 7/26/2021, 11:30 AM

@CLARE-HIGGINS,. Sound Forge serials and installers are not universal,. A 2008 SF version could be 6, 7 or 8, but you must know the exact version you need to install and activate it with your serial. If you post the first two or three characters of your SF serial (for example, 15H-xxxx..), forum users may be able to identify which version of SF you need.
In any case, I recommend upgrading to the current version (SF-15). You are eligible for an upgrade discount with your serial and the original email address you used when your version of SF was registered.

btw, Magix does not provide support for legacy SCS (Sony) and Sonic Foundry versions, but they can be activated.