Can't log in to my account.

akakoala wrote on 3/11/2023, 4:09 AM

How do I contact support when I can't log in to my account to contact support? Do they have an email address? I have several Magix/Xara programs but trying to login to my account produces a server working on it/too late message. This has been happening for months. No clearing of cache/trying different browsers/using different computers makes any difference.

Thanks for any advice, Jeff

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/11/2023, 5:35 AM

@akakoala

I've just tried to log into my account via this page, no problem I got straight in!

However, what is it makes you say you need to log into your account in order to contact support? Assuming you have a specific problem with a particular Magix/XARA software, have you tried posting to the forums with your question?

Have you tried the Support option in the header of every forum page?

There is no email address for Support, sorry.

HTH

(Another) Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

akakoala wrote on 3/11/2023, 5:42 AM

I want to look at the status of the apps I have purchased and possibly take advantage of an offer I have been emailed.

akakoala wrote on 3/11/2023, 5:47 AM

Yes I have now sent them a request via the contact support link hidden in the depths of the site. I tried to get into my account several times in the last few months as I say on different browsers on three different computers with the same result.

emmrecs wrote on 3/11/2023, 8:20 AM

@akakoala

Can you explain a little more about what you mean when you write of the status of the apps I have purchased? Any special offer in an email is not normally dependent on an earlier purchase unless it is for an upgrade, in which case ownership of an earlier version is the standard requirement.

When you attempt to log into your account - I assume you know the correct email address (which may not be your current one, depending when your account was created) and password? - what error message do you see? Please either post a screenshot of it or quote the text in full.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

akakoala wrote on 3/11/2023, 9:48 AM

What apps do I have? Are the licences current? What is the serial number so I can install them on my current computer as the previous one broke down in January.

Is the profile /email address the same for the forum as for my account? Because I can't change the email address fotlr the account if I can't login

I'm in Australia so in bed. I'll screen shot the message in the morning. It's a message partly in English and partly in German which says the server is working on my request to login on. Pressing OK and it just sits there and eventually yields a login time out message. The cycle then starts all over again.

akakoala wrote on 3/12/2023, 3:15 AM

I was able to get in temporarily and then the issue returned again. I found this forum post of users who had the same issue. https://www.magix.info/us/forum/issue-logging-into-account--1296580/

emmrecs wrote on 3/12/2023, 4:25 AM

@akakoala

Whether your email address for your account and for your forum login are the same depends on whether you might have used different addresses when you first bought a Magix product and when you first registered to join the forums. Unfortunately, no-one but you can know the answer to that!

Has your "standard" email address (i.e., the one you most often use) changed at all at any time since you first bought a product or joined the forums? If it has, could the "old" address be your account log in email? If so, try entering that in the log in screen (hopefully you know your password).

If you still cannot access your account I think you need to email infoservice@magix.net, explaining what is the problem and including any and all email addresses you might have used to create your account and a list of your registered Magix products, and ask that they search through the account database for your correct details..

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

akakoala wrote on 3/12/2023, 5:35 AM

My email address used has been the same for years. In my case it happens to be the same one I've used for the forum. If I could remember what registered products I have (I have bought several over the years) I would not need to login to look. I have sent them an email now and an awaiting a response. I was able to log in via my phone browser last night. I logged in once on my computer but my subsequent attempts have all failed.

akakoala wrote on 3/12/2023, 6:07 AM

I first used the email address in September 2006. I have nearly a thousand promotional and order related emails that Magix/Xara have sent to that address. A rough count reveals I have purchased software or downloaded a trial nearly 30 times over that period.

DesertSweeper wrote on 3/12/2023, 8:54 PM

Same thing happened to me today - I upgraded a Magix product and then waited for the email with download link - but it never arrived. I tried to login to get it directly and now I get:

Login incorrect
Unfortunately, your login data was not accepted.
Please check your entry and try again.

I was able to login recently - perhaps a few weeks back at the most.

I did a password reset and it was able to get in to the account

Last changed by DesertSweeper on 3/12/2023, 8:57 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on Intel Core i7-12700K ASUS TUF Z690+ with 64GB Corsair3600-C18 DDR4 RAM and ZOTAX 2080ti GPU and 1TB Samsung 980 Pro System Drive and 2x2TB Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Data Drives and 1TB Evo970+ Data drive and 10Gbe NIC to 10Gbe Synology RAID-6. 2 x QHD monitors one connected to iGPU and one to NVIDIA GTX 2080ti. MAGIX Video Pro X14 UDP3 and VEGAS Pro 17 Final.

akakoala wrote on 3/13/2023, 4:14 AM

I got a response from support. Further evidence, as though I needed it, that most IT support staff have university degrees in not reading what the customer actually writes. Grrr!

johnebaker wrote on 3/13/2023, 4:34 AM

@akakoala

Hi

What was the response they gave you - do not include the name of the person who responded?

Are yousing any form of auto complete for logging in?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/13/2023, 4:36 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

akakoala wrote on 3/13/2023, 5:21 AM

This is my statement of the problem

"Can not login to my account

I have several Magix/Xara programs but trying to login to my account produces a
server working on it and then times out. This has been happening for months. No
clearing of cache/trying different browsers/using different computers makes any
difference.  How can I log in to check my software purchases and take advantage of
an offer you emailed to me.  My account email is xara@mailfiles.com"

I did send it from the address xara3@mailfiles.com as I couldn't log in to xara@mailfiles.com to send it from that address.

The response was "all your products are registered to xara@********.com". I accept that perhaps the use of the alternate email address may have confused the issue a bit. I have replied.

I have used both manual entry and auto complete (via my password manager). I have not detected any difference but I will try again using each one. It does log in on occasion but mostly not.

Thanks

akakoala wrote on 3/13/2023, 5:32 AM

OK it logged in once in two attempts doing it manually, and none in three attempts using the password keeper. Once the password keeper fails doing it manually also fails. I'll keep trying to see if there is a pattern.

akakoala wrote on 3/13/2023, 5:50 AM

This is what has confused me I think with respect to seeking support. It says in order to contact support online one has to have an active login. But because I couldn't login in I created the new login using xara3@*******.com. Hence my support request showed that as my sender address even though I specified xara@mailfiles.com in the message body.

"Making Support requests We are available to help you use your MAGIX products. You can reach the MAGIX technical support online. Online technical support: Visit personal service area The service area for VEGAS Creative Software is located here. In order to contact technical support online, you need to have an active MAGIX Login (email address and password). If you do not have a MAGIX Login, you can register quickly and easily here."

johnebaker wrote on 3/13/2023, 6:02 AM

@akakoala

Hi

Thansk for the info - the fact that you can login manually at least once, and presumably stays logged in until you end the session or log out, and the password manager fails would suggest that this issue is at your end of the communication chain.

The most common cause I have experienced is an additional space I accidentally entered - muscle memory from typing (?), usually at the end of the email address, followed by low batteries in my wireless keyboard.

I have obfuscated part of your email address to prevent scraping/potential scamming.

If the cause is not at your end, send an email to infoservice@magix.net using the correct email address - the response you received is appropriate - because there are no registered products against the second account you created, the request has been correctly IMO refused as it could be anyone trying to hijack your account and products.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/13/2023, 6:06 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

akakoala wrote on 3/13/2023, 6:09 AM

This is the first time I am aware of that any password keeper assisted login has failed on any site I have. I have dozens of logins and use the app every day. There is no extra space or character being input that I can see but I suppose there may be a hidden or non visible character that has been attached somehow to this particular one.

akakoala wrote on 3/13/2023, 6:50 AM

So if I have a problem like mine and I send a support request through this forum's functionality from an account which has a different email address than that used for the service centre the request is likely to be rejected? I have multiple email addresses for different purposes and it is only coincidental that in this case the address I used when purchasing the software is the same as the one I used for the forum which would appear as the sender address in a support email through the forum.

I have sent a request to confirm or otherwise that an auto complete login can not be used to access a user's service centre page.

johnebaker wrote on 3/13/2023, 8:17 AM

@akakoala

Hi

. . . .  I send a support request through this forum's functionality from an account which has a different email address than that used for the service centre the request is likely to be rejected . . . .

That would be a fair assumption when asking for changes to the account, eg passwords to be changed. No registered product against that email address - no changing passwords, personal data etc.

. . . . an auto complete login can not be used . . . .

I would be interested to hear the response on that one. - I would suspect that this is true.

Generalising, websites that require an account and login use 'real person' identification technologies such as Captcha, and any of the myriad of other security options available, to determine whether the user is a bot or a real person.

HTH

John EB

akakoala wrote on 3/13/2023, 10:39 AM

So support's response to me not being able to login to the service centre with x...@mailf...s.com was to change the account login to x...3@mailfiles.com. Not what I asked for but I've given up now.

I note also that with that change my forum login has also changed. I didn't realise that the forum access was so closely tied to the service centre access. For every other software I've purchased I have different email addresses for the software access and any support forum access. Eg softwarename@mailf...s.com and softwarenameforum@mailf..s.com respectively.

I have now experimented with the auto complete login to the service centre using different browsers. The login using my password keeper (Enpass) does not work in any browser I tried. The browser provided auto complete login works in Chrome, Brave, Opera and Edge but not in Firefox or Safari. (Firefox is my normal browser and I used Safari on another computer). Go figure.

johnebaker wrote on 3/13/2023, 12:06 PM

@akakoala

Hi

The problem is definitely with EnPass -

John EB

akakoala wrote on 3/13/2023, 2:58 PM

Yes that's the message I was getting. But I can't read the German. I assumed it was a translation of the English.

johnebaker wrote on 3/13/2023, 3:22 PM

@akakoala

Hi

The German line is the translation of the English.

John EB

m2005 wrote on 3/14/2023, 12:06 PM

@akakoala The message "The server is working for your request... please wait!" using MAGIX Service Center appears if you already submitted a form and clicked submit button again (e.g. if you double click the button or pressing Enter more than once). If you're doing nothing like this but using a password manager (which and which Browser?) maybe its plugin is the reason.

If this message appears there is no reason to worry, just click the OK button and the next page (after) login should appear if email + password was correct.

If there is some trouble with a password manager or other browser plugin try to use a different browser or inkognito mode without plugins. Maybe also your stored password is not correct; the account credentials are the same you are using here.