Can't save as .mp3

Jimrin wrote on 11/22/2020, 8:50 PM

Hello all...

I just upgraded to SFpro14 v130 and there is no option to save as .mp3. I have uninstalled an re-installed and I have copied the mp3 plugin as was suggested in another thread. I also rebooted the computer. Its not that the option is grayed out. It not there at all. I still have SFpro 111 on my system as a back up, but I have a 365 subscription to 14. If I can't save as .mp3, I have to cancel that. If anyone has found any fix, please let me know

Comments

AmanSingh wrote on 11/22/2020, 9:02 PM

Hello all...

I just upgraded to SFpro14 v130 and there is no option to save as .mp3. I have uninstalled an re-installed and I have copied the mp3 plugin as was suggested in another thread. I also rebooted the computer. Its not that the option is grayed out. It not there at all. I still have SFpro 111 on my system as a back up, but I have a 365 subscription to 14. If I can't save as .mp3, I have to cancel that. If anyone has found any fix, please let me know

try this (as it seems to work for me):

Clean un-install SFpro. Re-install as a fresh start and don't restart PC. In Windows Defender, add an exception for SFPro. Windows Security>Firewall and Network protection>Allow an app through firewall.

In that window, click on change settings and look for SFpro and add it as an exception for both Public and Private. I believe whats happening here is that Windows Defender is blocking the MP3 codec each time PC is started. I absolutely had no help from Magix on this. I don't use SF but I use AcidPro and Mp3 simply won't work unless I re-install Acid. Until last week, I would re-install Acid every time the PC was started. So far, it seems to be working. Good luck

Jimrin wrote on 11/22/2020, 9:55 PM

Thank you for the reply. I deleted all of the Sequoia, Core and other third party FX options manually, then did a full uninstall of the program itself. I then re-installed and let it install all of the FX options fresh and that did the trick