CD Architect

gregg-mazel wrote on 1/31/2017, 4:05 PM

What if I type my serial number into CD Architect with a typo? How to change? The serial number menu item is grayed out and online registration fails every time I try. I believe I typed a zero instead of the letter "O" in my serial number. This is very frustrating.

I would definitely appreciate talking to a real human being about this, as Internet searches seem to lead to crack software that I am not interested in. This is a paid version of Sound Forge 9, which included CD Architect 5.2. Please do not tell me that you have abandoned this product, as it is still useful to me. I have been finding many re-routed and/or dead links on Magix site.

Thanks,

Gregg Mazel, founder mazelmusicalarts.org

Was passiert, wenn ich meine Seriennummer mit einem Tippfehler in CD Architect eingebe? Wie ändern? Der Seriennummer-Menüpunkt ist grau unterlegt und die Online-Registrierung schlägt bei jedem Versuch fehl. Ich glaube, ich tippte eine Null statt des Buchstabens "O" in meiner Seriennummer. Das ist sehr frustrierend.

Ich würde definitiv schätzen zu reden mit einem echten Menschen über diese, wie Internet-Recherchen zu scheinen, um Crack-Software führen, dass ich nicht interessiert sind. Dies ist eine kostenpflichtige Version von Sound Forge 9, die CD Architect 5.2 enthalten. Bitte sagen Sie mir nicht, dass Sie dieses Produkt aufgegeben haben, da es immer noch nützlich für mich ist. Ich habe gefunden, viele umgeleitet und / oder tote Links auf Magix Website.

Vielen Dank,

Gregg Mazel, Gründer mazelmusicalarts.org

Comments

rraud wrote on 3/14/2017, 10:12 AM

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall CD Arc?

Maxell-LN wrote on 3/16/2017, 10:23 PM

As above.  Try uninstalling it, run a reg cleaner such as ccleaner to flush out the old keys, then reinstall.

michael-pmc wrote on 7/27/2017, 6:13 AM

I keep trying to activate my CD Arch 5.2 with my serial # (SF 8 and NR2 both went through), but get error message saying my B5-xxxx etc serial # should be B6 instead and neither work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times.

What next? Thanks Michael

rraud wrote on 7/27/2017, 12:43 PM

FWIW, both my CD Arc 5.2 serials start with B6, maybe you have a prior version, CDA 5.0.. if that's possible.

CD Arc would have it's own serial number and different than SF. It should be available at: https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/

I prefer authoring CDs with CDA though it can be done in SF or VP. CDA does not however support VST plug-ins, but that's a minor inconvenience IMO, since most mastering is done prior to authoring.

michael-pmc wrote on 7/27/2017, 1:29 PM

Thanks for responding rraud!

My CDA 5.2 serial starts with B5. I started with CDA5 (I think the .2 part was only an update) and yes it's got a different # than SF7 or SF8 or NR2. All of which are on the CD cases when I bought them new.

I have tried inserting my CDA serial starting with B6, also, since getting the error message. AND what I think/have as my CDA serial is what is showing at both Sony and Magix registrations.

Is it possible that I have to deactivate it on my old XP Pentium PC, first? I just thought of that. I still sell CDs' and would like to start/keep using CDA on my new desktop, before the old one dies.

Michael

rraud wrote on 7/27/2017, 2:25 PM

I would not think it's necessary to deactivate it on other PCs, I have CD-A (and other SCS apps) on PCs I no longer and/or rarely use. You may try registering it manually, (from another computer) The online registration did not work when I registered another pre-Magix (SCS) application on a new laptop. I think you may also be able to do that at the Magix support service center link.

michael-pmc wrote on 7/29/2017, 1:28 PM

I am registered at both the Sony and Magix sites and didn't think having it installed on my old PC would be a big deal.

RE Magix Support    I have my 2nd ticket with them "pending". The first one explained how to deal with "Trial expiration" and now I hope to move past my serial # being "invalid ", when I try to run CDA and am required to insert  it.

Michael

michael-pmc wrote on 8/1/2017, 3:56 PM

I dug out my CDA manual which also shows the same serial number that I've been trying to insert, when I attempt to run CDA. I imagine others may have had this issue. There must be a solution! LOL

Rhythmic wrote on 10/19/2017, 12:15 PM

Hey all! Does any have any info on whether or not Sony plans on modernizing CD Architect to include VST's and/or AAX's? Or simply releasing an up-to-date version of the program? I haven't found anything on PC or Mac that can contend with it.

michael-pmc wrote on 10/19/2017, 1:06 PM

I finally got a response with my new CDA 5.2 serial number and all is well. It does start with B6 and is completely different than my CDA 5 serial.

rraud wrote on 10/19/2017, 3:21 PM

"Does any have any info on whether or not Sony plans on modernizing CD Architect to include VST's and/or AAX's"?

- Glad you got it registered Michael.

I don't think 'Magix' has plans to update CDA, based on SF AS12 which has CD authoring utilities, but it's not intuitive IMO. I still prefer CDA regardless of no VSTs.

michael-pmc wrote on 10/19/2017, 3:37 PM

I still think of it as a very useful program, too!