connection problem

stevieg6 wrote on 8/15/2012, 4:25 PM

I have just got magix easy video, I have installed the program and on the screen where it tells me to connect my camcoder with a firewire and there is a drop down box where I have to choose the make of my camcorder there is nothing in that box and it wont let me do anything. What am I doing wrong please

Comments

midas wrote on 10/18/2012, 6:57 AM

Camcorder connection via firewire: somethimes it works, most often don’t.

It is very critical about the order one does things:
1: Go on with your project start and video download procedure until the programs ask you to connect the camcorder with firewire
2: Start you camcorder playback so that the video is seen on the camcorder’s screen
3: Now connect the cable: same video should be seen on the VE4’s video screen.
If not successful, try again. Usually it works after a few tries.

You can also disconnect the firewire briefly while on download screen: it sometimes start to show the playback video on the PC screen after reconnect.
Sometimes it works only partially: VE4 reckognizes the camcorder incorrectly but the playback buttons work, and the screen on VE4 shows the video.

Windows 7 Device Manager reckognizes my Canon HV30 correctly, every time, both via USB and via FireWire ( from both IEEE 1394 ports, I have two of them), and also worked correctly with Premiere and Pinnacle ( which were somewhat unstable and much too heavy and hard to learn for an aged occasional user, so they were removed from my PC) , so the problem must lie on VE4.
Havent tested yet with newer AVCHD camcorders since I have not one.
PC: Intel Core2 Duo 8500, 3,16 GHz, 8 GT RAM, ASUS P5E3 Premium motherboard, ASUS EAH3870x2 video board, Win7 Home Premium 64. Canon HV30 HDV camcorder.