Crashes when importing into Soquoia

ZONO wrote on 1/22/2023, 8:14 PM

Hi. When I try to import a Wav or DDP file into Sequoia16, it crashes.
It crashes when I create a project and try to specify a destination with "Save As...". to specify where to save the file, it also crashes.
For a while after installation, I can import and Save As without any problems, but after a few days, it suddenly crashes, and once it happens, it always crashes after that.

Deleting the ProgramData > Magix folder and reinstalling Sequoia16 will fix the problem.
However, after using the program for a while, the crash occurs again and the program must be reinstalled again.

The timing of the crash is the moment I click "Import" or "Save As" from the menu bar.
The crash occurs at the time when the window for specifying the directory should normally appear.

Only Sequoia crashes, Windows is operating normally.

The versions of Windows and Sequoia are as follows.
Windows10Pro 21H2 Japanese version
Sequoia16_16.6.1.22064

Windows is used with Bootcamp, two MacMini 2020 and one MacPro 2013.
The crashes are occurring on all three units, and although the time of occurrence is random, they are occurring on all models.

Sequoia 16.6.2.22072 seems to have been released so I am going to download it and try it. (Downloading is too slow,,,)
If that doesn't work, there is an update for Windows 10Pro 22H2 that exists, so I am going to try to update it.
I have contacted support but have not received a response.
Has anyone had any improvement from the same symptoms or know the cause?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/23/2023, 3:23 AM

@ZONO

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Are you aware there is a dedicated forum for users of Samplitude Pro and Sequoia here?

I suggest you register at and repost your question there since there are very few, if any, users of Sequoia who visit and post to this forum.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam