Cross Program Instrument Unlock?

lloyd094 wrote on 3/9/2018, 5:28 PM

I made the recent purchase of the latest MM Premium bundle (which comes with Samplitude) and have installed all the programs. Music Maker sees both "Vita Sampler" and "DN-E1", but it has a locked icon. Apparently I need a serial number for it, but I wouldn't know where to find that (I have Samplitude already in my activated versions).

Any tips?

Comments

dark_spartan wrote on 3/9/2018, 11:02 PM

OK, this only works one way.

Install Samplitude & install all the instruments it wants to include.

Then, in Music Maker Premium, it will ask for a serial number. Enter the Samplitude serial. Don't purchase those instruments twice. That will activate the Samplitude instruments in Music Maker Premium.

Note: This does not work the other way, there is no method I can find to add instruments into Samplitude, and they do not respect the Music Maker licenses.

On a side note, the current Humble Bundle has a cheap EDM (gets you +1 more instrument for 1$) pack. Just don't buy Samplitude 2X, it is actually older and worse than the Samplitude included with Premium (and to be honest, I stopped using Music Maker for Samplitude Music Studio anyway).

lloyd094 wrote on 3/9/2018, 11:56 PM

Thank you for the reply! So... Does this mean I should have installed Samplitude first? I have the Samplitude license in Music Maker already, which activated a few things, just not those two.

dark_spartan wrote on 3/10/2018, 2:14 PM

Thank you for the reply! So... Does this mean I should have installed Samplitude first? I have the Samplitude license in Music Maker already, which activated a few things, just not those two.

When you install and activate Samplitude, it will have an option to install a bunch of instruments. If you do that, you get those instruments for free, so you don't have to repay for them in Music Maker.

When Music Maker prompts for a serial number for those Instruments, just put in the Samplitude serial.

lloyd094 wrote on 3/19/2018, 12:01 PM

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to fix it. I already have my Samplitude key entered in, so when I try to reenter it, Magix tells me I already own all that content. Perhaps this is something I should open a support ticket for?

rrichard63 wrote on 3/25/2018, 6:59 PM

Very, very interested in knowing the answer to this. I have Music Maker 2018 (version 25.1.2.78) and a trial license of Samplitude Music Studio 2017 (version 23.0.2.58) installed. I downloaded and installed all of the Vita instruments that come with SMS. As expected, they show up in MMM as locked. The SMS trial license number does not unlock them (the store says it is a "invalid coupon code"). If I buy SMS, will the permanent license number unlock these instruments in MMM as well as in SMS?

Thanks in advance.

D.L. wrote on 4/16/2018, 9:50 AM

Same here. I upgraded to MM premium, added Samplitude's serial number in MM and got all instruments except for DN-e1 and Vita Sampler. In my case though the two instruments do not even appear as "locked" downloads, they only show up in the shop as all other non-purchased items. Wish there was a way to activate them in both programs.

rrichard63 wrote on 4/16/2018, 7:01 PM

Same here. I upgraded to MM premium, added Samplitude's serial number in MM and got all instruments except for DN-e1 and Vita Sampler. In my case though the two instruments do not even appear as "locked" downloads, they only show up in the shop as all other non-purchased items. Wish there was a way to activate them in both programs.

After posting here on March 25, I contacted Magix tech support and they told me exactly what D.L. just said. So I bought the upgrade to Premium and am fairly happy. Apparently, Samplitude treats DN-E1 and Vita Sampler differently from other Vita instruments, at least with regard to licensing.