Cutting off 10 seconds at the end

Chris-Carney wrote on 1/26/2021, 5:12 PM

I'm using Sound Forge Audio Studio 12.6. I record my music on my home recording software (Sonor Home 7), edit it, mix it, eq it, etc. I use Sound Forge for the almost final mastering. One time I open Sound Forge, upload the music and everything appears fine. The next time I upload the music to do more mastering, Sound Forge cuts off 10 seconds at the end of the piece so consequently I can't work on it. Anyone have any idea at all as to what I may be doing that causes that or is it just Sound Forge itself. Sometimes it works quite well and other times it does this! Very Frustrating!!!

Comments

rraud wrote on 1/26/2021, 5:59 PM

I recall this issue mentioned before but I do know of a fix. Make sure you are saving as the same sample rate or use the sample rate converter prior to save or save as.
You could try resetting SF to the factory default settings ('File' menu in SF pro). If AS (Audio Studio) has the non-destructive editing project file <.frg> mode like SF pro, try that. 'Rending as' a file when mastering is completed. In any case make back-ups.

Otherwise, you could try uninstall and reinstall. I recommend using a third-party uninstaller that can remove left-over registry entries and other pertinent data the OS uninstall leaves behind, which in usually the root of issues
Revo Uninstall and Geek Uninstall are two that have pro and freeware versions.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Chris-Carney.