Does not grab the video

Vidaszl wrote on 8/30/2019, 11:44 AM

I have Windows 7, 64 bit, 8 G RAM
Terratec Grabster AV300 MX and Magix Video Easy
Problems with digitalizing VHS records.
Saved some description from an earlier and unsolved topic:
' I press first the "record stream" - button with the red dot on it and after that the button "stop recording" - with the square on it. Then, as I understand my video should be seen in the recording window, as well as in the Magix main window. I can't see the video in either and I cant find it in the filefolders, or I can find a file, but with the size of it is 0 kilobytes. Trying to save the not appearing video leads to an error message.'
I reinstalled the old setup, came from the Grabster disc, with a Video Easy from this website. During the first run it worked but then the same old problem.

Comments

Vidaszl wrote on 8/30/2019, 11:45 AM

The previous thread was: 'Weird issue with grabbed video disappearing, or not even appearing after grabbing it from VHS'

pirkko-v wrote on 5/3/2020, 1:55 AM

Hi Vidaszl! Did you find a solution to your problem? I´m experiencing same problem.

BR, Pirkko

johnebaker wrote on 5/3/2020, 5:10 AM

@Vidaszl

Hi

. . . .  I press first the "record stream" - button with the red dot on it and after that the button "stop recording" - with the square on it. Then, as I understand my video should be seen in the recording window, as well as in the Magix main window. I can't see the video in either and I cant find it in the filefolders . . . .

Assuming you have connected and set up the Terratec Grabster as detailed in the Import from analog sources (e.g. video recorder) section of the Video Easy manual, available under Help,.

The sequence above appears to be out of order - do you mean you did the following:

1. Position the tape in the VHS player at the point from which you would like to transfer the video to the computer.
  2. Clicked the Record Stream button
  3. Started playback on the VHS player
  4. When the video playback reaches the end or point where you wanted to stop recording, press the Stop recording button.
  5. Click the Start video editing button

During in recording you should see the preview video in the recording window, once you stop recording and click the Start video editing button the recorded video should appear on the timeline.

John EB

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015.

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.