download on new computer

Gordon-vanZyl wrote on 6/29/2020, 12:00 AM

I have been using Photo & Graphic Designer on a low-end laptop and it recently stopped working so I had the odd chance of buying a high-end desktop PC just for the use of this product and others with the high demand of graphics and ram. However, when I downloaded the Photo & Graphic Designer, it said I cannot register the product on the new PC. I have two questions: the first is that I see that the product can be registered on two PC's simultaneously, how do I do that and secondly, how do I activate it on this PC?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/29/2020, 4:42 AM

@Gordon-vanZyl

I'm going to guess that you might have previously reinstalled the app on your old laptop, such that your account may indicate that you already have two activations of the software in place?

If so, you need to go to your Magix account, log in, go to My Products, find P&GD and check its activation record. Deactivate any you do not need, or all of them if you wish, and then try again to activate on your new PC.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 6/29/2020, 4:49 AM

@Gordon-vanZyl

Hi

. . . . it said I cannot register the product on the new PC . . . .

Was here more to the message ?

You should have had a message saying that all activation slots are used and you need to deactivate one.

Check that there is a spare activation slot available in your Magix account in the My Service Centre, if both are activated then you need to deactivate one,

Activation of the second instance is the same procedure as the first, start the program, enter the same email address and serial number and activate.

Also check the the Windows Internet settings shown in the images below are turned on.

HTH

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Gordon-vanZyl wrote on 6/29/2020, 6:09 AM

@Gordon-vanZyl

Hi

. . . . it said I cannot register the product on the new PC . . . .

Was here more to the message ?

You should have had a message saying that all activation slots are used and you need to deactivate one.

Check that there is a spare activation slot available in your Magix account in the My Service Centre, if both are activated then you need to deactivate one,

Activation of the second instance is the same procedure as the first, start the program, enter the same email address and serial number and activate.

Also check the the Windows Internet settings shown in the images below are turned on.

HTH

John EB

Now it says "Product Service has expired, you cannot activate this version of the product on a new computer." Does this mean I have a wrong product? The key and my email address both register green ticks.

emmrecs wrote on 6/29/2020, 9:05 AM

@Gordon-vanZyl

Was the message you mentioned you received in your latest post actually saying your "Update Service has expired"?

If so, you are apparently attempting to install a version of the app on your new computer which is newer than the one which was current at the time you originally bought the app. If you choose to not renew your Update Service and later need to reinstall the app that reinstallation will be the version of the app that was current at the time you first bought it. This is one of the "features" of the Update Service which has caught out more than one user of Magix software.

The only way to "regain" access to any "later" version is to renew your Update Service.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 6/29/2020, 9:15 AM

@Gordon-vanZyl

Hi

. . . . Does this mean I have a wrong product? The key and my email address both register green ticks. . . . .

Not necessarily - the green ticks only indicate that a valid email address and serial number formats have been entered in the dialog.

The issue may be that because the Update Service has expired you can only re-install on the registered computer

On your Magix account at magix.com, how many activations - see image below - does it show as being used?

If both slots are used, deactivate the one which is no longer used and try again.

HTH

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Gordon-vanZyl wrote on 7/5/2020, 12:03 AM

@emmrecs, you are right, it says Update Service has expired. @johnbaker, I have deactivated the original PC (The laptop), and currently running on no PC. Sorry, I know I'm taking your time, but please explain to me what to do. I urgently need to get back on track with my work. I don't mind installing the version I had on the laptop, but I need to have it on my PC, the laptop is no more, I just don't remember which version was on the laptop, that's all.

emmrecs wrote on 7/5/2020, 4:03 AM

@Gordon-vanZyl

If your Update Service has expired, the only version you will be able to install on your PC is the one that was current at the time you originally bought the product or upgrade.

If the problem is to do with the number of activations you have used, did you carefully follow the instructions in @johnebaker's post directly above your latest one? You say you deactivated the original PC; where, exactly, did you carry out this deactivation? It needs to be on your Magix account, not the PC itself. My apologies if that is what you have done but it is not clear from your post whether that is the case.

Jeff

Gordon-vanZyl wrote on 7/7/2020, 6:30 AM

@emmrecs Yes, I did it as @johnebaker described, directly from the account online. How do I see which product I bought (version), because as stated, I have no problem downloading and using that one, I just don't know how. I'm not application literate, sorry!

emmrecs wrote on 7/7/2020, 6:43 AM

@Gordon-vanZyl

When you go to your Magix account, you should see all the products you have purchased, like the screenshot below, which is from my own account, showing a very old product - I have deliberately obscured the serial number - but do you see the two highlighted elements on your account page?

Click on the "Installation program" to download the installer, plus the "Instructions" if you feel you need them.

Jeff

Gordon-vanZyl wrote on 7/7/2020, 12:37 PM

@emmrecs & @johnebaker I owe the both of you a great thanks for your time and patience. Between the both of you I got my programs up and running. This problem is solved!

emmrecs wrote on 7/7/2020, 1:03 PM

@Gordon-vanZyl

Excellent news! Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff

johnebaker wrote on 7/7/2020, 1:39 PM

@Gordon-vanZyl

Hi

Excellent, also also thanks for the feedback

John EB