Downloading Xara 3D 7

Edward-Sutherland wrote on 4/26/2023, 12:41 AM

I purchased the program listed in the topic section, I then received an order confirmation by email, clicked the download button, which took me to a different page, but I cannot find out how to download the program I purchased, please advise me about the steps I should follow in order to download. I never thought downloading a program was this difficult. Could advice be emailed to me at Email address removed by Moderator

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/26/2023, 3:45 AM

@Edward-Sutherland

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

You will see I have moved your post to the more appropriate "Photo & Design" area of the forums. I have also removed your email address; these are public forums and such information should NEVER be posted here.

As to your question: have you checked this page? It includes a link to "Try now". This will download the trial version which you can convert to the full version by following the procedure in the email you have, to register the product.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Alan-Hancock wrote on 8/7/2023, 4:43 PM

I have Xara3d or 3D Maker registered against my name but could not find the Xara3D6 CD to install it.
Tried downloading the 3D Maker 7 free here https://www.xara.com/uk/products/xara3d/
Unfortunately, the install program fails leaving a crash event in Windows 10 event log.
The problem appears to be with MxDownloadManager.exe which is extracted when the xara3dmaker7dl.exe file is run. I presume that MxDownloadManager.exe facilitates the download of the rest of the program modules to make the installation.

SP. wrote on 8/7/2023, 5:21 PM

@Alan-Hancock Maybe the exe is automatically deleted by your antivirus or Windows Defender?

emmrecs wrote on 8/8/2023, 10:35 AM

@Alan-Hancock

I have owned Xara 3D Maker 7 for some years and have just checked my saved installers. The initial download manager seems to be "x3dm7_eng.exe" and the actual installer "Xara_3D_Maker_7_en-GB_180824_11-25_7_0_0_442.exe". Both were downloaded and saved in February 2022 when I needed to carry out an extensive rebuild of my computer. (Just out of interest and to check that everything seems to be working as it should, I've tried again to download the installer and it produces those same-named files!)

I'm not sure where your listed MxDownloadManager.exe comes from therefore?

I also don't think, even though it is now a very old program, that it is free! The link you provided leads to a page where you can download the Trial version but I don't believe your version 6 registration will allow you to run version 7 once the trial is over, sorry, unless you decide to buy it.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 8/8/2023, 10:35 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Alan-Hancock wrote on 8/8/2023, 2:46 PM

My link points to the free trial on the Xara site where there is a buy button for 3D Maker 7 but the button just takes you to other Xara software. I could not get the trial version to load. As mentioned in my post the MxDownloadManager.exe is part of the install package which is extracted when the xara3dmaker7dl.exe file is run. The MxDownloadManager is Magix software that controls the downloading of the rest of the install package files and I suspect maybe being stopped from doing so by Windows Defender, so will check that. I reported the problem to Xara with this reply:

Hi Alan,
In case you didn't see my previous response, the current version of 3D7 was sold and supported by Magix. It is their installer technology. However, Magix is no longer selling Xara products. We hope to have an updated 3D product soon. In the meantime, you can try the new Photo+ and Designer Pro+ (which has many of the 3D tools).
https://www.xara.com/pro-plus-download/

emmrecs wrote on 8/9/2023, 3:54 AM

@Alan-Hancock

Thanks for the additional information. I also now see that dead-end link from the Buy button!

I think you need to email infoservice@magix.net and ask for their help with this. They ought to be able to give you a link to a direct download.

Jeff

Christoph-Grandt wrote on 9/19/2023, 2:10 AM

Hello MAGIX! This is about XARA3D (version 3 or 5 or 6 or 7). I contacted Xara and they told me to contact MAGIX. So here I am. I have been using XARA3D since XP-times and it actually works on Windows 10. However I need to reinstall it and I don't have the serial any more. I am actually willing to buy any of the versions 3-7. Is there any way somebody can tell me how to get XARA3D (any version) running again? Anybody having the code for version 3 for example? Thank you! (I also see the dead end when clicking on buy etc.).

SP. wrote on 9/19/2023, 3:02 AM

@Christoph-Grandt Go to Magix.com and log into your customer account to which you registered your old Xara 3D version. Then download the installer.

emmrecs wrote on 9/19/2023, 4:33 AM

@Christoph-Grandt

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff and no-one from the company is likely to see your post, sorry!

As advised, first check your Magix account (under My products) for the installer and serial key. (I've just checked my own account and both installer and serial key are listed for me.) If that is unsuccessful use the email address given in an earlier post in this thread to contact Customer Service and request their help.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Christoph-Grandt wrote on 9/23/2023, 8:08 PM

Thank you for your answer. But in the old days there was no such thing as "customer account" for software. Software was delivered through magazines and CD's that were attached to the magazine. And the serials were given in the magazine or on the CD cover. This is how I got my Xara3D. I do have a customer account, but Xara3D is not listed because I got this long before customer accounts were the rule. There must be someone out there who simply has this serial... Again, I even would buy it, but all "buy" buttons for Xara3D (any version) lead to nowhere.

SP. wrote on 9/23/2023, 9:26 PM

@Christoph-Grandt Magix only released Xara 3D Maker 7 in 2011. Older versions had other distribution partners.

Version 6 was from 2005. Back then, Magix had nothing to do with Xara and therefore cannot provide such old versions.

It looks like Xara 3D Maker 7 can still be bought from some websites if I search it on Google. Of course, I'm not sure how valid these offers are. You can then register it to your Magix customer account.

There are also some discs with Xara 3D backed up on archive.org but I don't know if these are only demo versions or fully functional:

https://archive.org/details/internet-97

https://archive.org/details/computer200507cd

emmrecs wrote on 9/24/2023, 10:23 AM

@Christoph-Grandt

Did you do as I suggested in my previous post and contact infoservice@magix.net to ask if they can help you?

Jeff

HaldunOzbudun wrote on 10/15/2023, 10:53 AM

Lisanslı "Xara 3D Maker 7", Windows 11'de kurulum sorunu yaşıyor. Çözümünü bilen var mı?

emmrecs wrote on 10/16/2023, 3:45 AM

@HaldunOzbudun

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

XARA 3D7 was released at least 15 years ago, long before Windows 11 was even thought of! It is more than possible therefore that it will not install or run properly under that Operating System, sorry.

To check this you should email infoservice@magix.net and ask whether it is able to run under Windows 11.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Magix kullanıcı forumlarına hoş geldiniz.

XARA 3D7 en az 15 yıl önce, Windows 11'in düşünülmesinden çok önce piyasaya sürüldü! Bu nedenle, söz konusu İşletim Sistemi altında düzgün bir şekilde yüklenmemesi veya çalışmaması muhtemeldir, üzgünüm.

Bunu kontrol etmek için infoservice@magix.net adresine e-posta göndermeli ve Windows 11 altında çalışıp çalışmadığını sormalısınız.

Jeff
Forum Moderatörü