DVD Architect Help?

brady-wurtz wrote on 11/15/2017, 11:09 AM

So do they not support or talk about DVD Architect anymore? Did they kill this off or something? I literally just bought it and I have so many issues and questions about it but there is no phone number to call, you can't get support on it, and when i send in a request they respond back with vague answers not addressing my issues and then refuse to answer any followup questions.

Then i come to this forum and i have to pick a category and again, there is no option for talk about DVD Architect.

PLEASE, if anyone knows the magic phone number i can call to talk to a human being about support on this program, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHARE WITH ME!

I do not edit in Sony Vegas. I edit in FCPX, and i need to know how to export my files so they can be brought into DVD Architect easily to create Blu-rays. Right now i've just been exporting them as H.264 .mp4 files at 1080p30 (because that's what I shoot in). and then DVD Architect has to re-encode everything to make it fit on the Blu-ray properly at 1080i60. But these render times are literally taking me about 4 days to complete. It'll first tell me the estimated time remaining is something like 20+ hours, and then once that reaches 0, it shoots up to about 108 hours. I have no clue what the heck is going on. This is the most insane thing I've ever seen in my life. I'm use to editing and burning DVD's with DVD Studio pro. It would literally take a few hours to encode everything and burn an image file. This is tying up my computer for half a week.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 11/15/2017, 12:02 PM

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

. . . . there is no option for talk about DVD Architect . . . .

That is because the DVD Architect forum is over here in the Vegas forums.

DVD Architect is very much alive and kicking and to answer your question use the following settings for exporting should not require conversion in DVDA.

For Full HD these are the settings I use:-

• Export format
    AVCHD (.m2ts)

• Resolution
    1920 x 1080i

• Interleave
    Top field first

• Video codec
    H.264, VBR
    Average bitrate 12000 kbit/s
    Maximum bitrate 16000 kbits/s
    CPB (kbyte) 3000
    GOP structure IBBP
    Profile high
    Level 4.0

• Audio codec
    AC-3, Stereo, 48000Hz, 384 kbit/s

If you have not used DVD Architect before I would recommend you see this topic here.

Added: Note I am in PAL region so the DVDA project is set for that TV standard, if you are in NTSC region then adjust your export parameters to match that of the NTSC project in DVDA.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/15/2017, 12:30 PM, changed a total of 5 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

brady-wurtz wrote on 11/17/2017, 4:34 PM

ok, i can make a .m2t file, but not a .m2ts file using Compressor. Will that work just the same?

Still doesn't negate from the fact that just giving it a .mp4 file of a 3 hour long video and having DVDA convert it for me took over 12 hours. And even after making a .m2v file and loading it into DVDA, and having DVDA tell me it didn't need to be re-encoded, only the menus needed to, that now it's taking me over 120 hours to create the Blu-ray. It says 3 hours at first, then when that hits zero while making the .00003.mts file, it shoots up to 90 hours, and then shortly after that it shoots up to 120+ hours. I can't wait that long. I've been cancelling the builds after about 10 hours and trying different formats and tying to uninstall updates on windows 10, thinking that's what caused the problems, but after i uninstall an update, it says i need to restart the computer, but when i restart the computer, it installs the update again. i'm not even sure if that's what's wrong here or not. i'm just so lost and i've sent 3 support emails to Magix and they never respond back to me